30 replies to this topic

#21 CoolColJ

CoolColJ

Chromium Defender

• Members
  • 273 posts
  • Platform:PC

Posted 27 July 2013 - 01:47 AM

Is it just me or is the Shadow Warrior unbelievable explosive, strong and godly, with dual wield fist weapons or even just fists?

I'm trying a build out now, and at level 43, with all attributes into strength, with focus and Tactics lore the main focus. 2 buffs. Even unarmed he does 140+ damage, and 500+ with hafted fist weapons

Main combo - of leap, Frenzied Rampage and Death Blow, other combo is FR, Sweep and Death Blow.

I pretty much 2 hit mobs, and 2-3 hit champions. The big squid and Gar'Colus. were easy to kill....

No shopper or Enhanced perception used either!

And the bad guys can't seem to hit me either 90% most of the time :)

Most lethal character/build yet -  fear no one!

#22 wolfie2kX

wolfie2kX

Cobalt Warrior

• Sacred Wiki Member
  • 3,693 posts

Posted 27 July 2013 - 04:04 AM

Eh.. Gar  and Octy are easy pickin's. It's Xanthiar - the first dragon you meet in the caverns - that I've found where my builds tend to start having issues - I.e. not doing enough damage to take the blighter down and him kicking your behind from one end of the cavern to the other.

My first attempt at a TG failed in epic fashion there. It gets worse the further into the game you go.

This Space For Rent...

No... Seriously...

#23 CoolColJ

CoolColJ

Chromium Defender

• Members
  • 273 posts

Posted 27 July 2013 - 04:43 AM

Alrighty, we will see I guess :mamba:

Even then comapred to all the other classes I've tried, this build is a cut above them all. My Dryad, of the same level, was chugging down potions at the same stage!

Although I think my Dragon Mage and Inquistor seem to be pretty good as well

Edited by CoolColJ, 27 July 2013 - 04:45 AM.

#24 wolfie2kX

wolfie2kX

Cobalt Warrior

• Sacred Wiki Member
  • 3,693 posts

Posted 27 July 2013 - 05:46 AM

Yeah.. Dryads can be kind of squishy.. Ditto for High Elves. But Shadow Warriors are tanks by nature.

This Space For Rent...

No... Seriously...

#25 lujate

lujate

Cobalt Warrior

• 3,292 posts

Posted 27 July 2013 - 09:18 AM

I ran with JK on this build up into Niob, he on his unarmed SW and me on my DW seraphim. IIRC his only real issue was DPS against bosses (of course, my DW seraphim just swapped to a LL% 2H sword and took care of those quick, fast and in a hurry).
"Whatever you do will be insignificant, but it is very important that you do it." -Gandhi

#26 CoolColJ

CoolColJ

Chromium Defender

• Members
  • 273 posts

Posted 27 July 2013 - 05:43 PM

Yeah.. Dryads can be kind of squishy.. Ditto for High Elves. But Shadow Warriors are tanks by nature.

Mainly just the DPS - my dual wield unarmed SW kills things way faster than any of my other characters

The reflection and being hard to hit, plus having lots of HP thanks to the buff is just the icing on the cake :)

Fists kill with sheer number of hits in combos, while healing him a bit and regening the combos

When I use fist weapons, the damage rises a lot. When I switch to dual wield club/sword, I get close to 1k damage per swing, but doesn't necessarily kill any faster

Having a hit % over 100% helps a lot

I'll put up a vid later. So much fun, he really looks like a ninja or something :)

Edited by CoolColJ, 27 July 2013 - 05:48 PM.

#27 wolfie2kX

wolfie2kX

Cobalt Warrior

• Sacred Wiki Member
  • 3,693 posts

Posted 27 July 2013 - 06:01 PM

True.. It's been my philosophy with games like this - the faster you kill them, the less chance they have to damage you - so DPS is definitely important.

Just for grins and giggles - try a 2H hammer or axe..

This Space For Rent...

No... Seriously...

#28 CoolColJ

CoolColJ

Chromium Defender

• Members
  • 273 posts

Posted 27 July 2013 - 06:18 PM

True.. It's been my philosophy with games like this - the faster you kill them, the less chance they have to damage you - so DPS is definitely important.

Just for grins and giggles - try a 2H hammer or axe..

I haven't found a 2 handed weapon yet that does as much damage/DPS as dual wielding one sword and one hafted weapon, in terms of burst damage

Edited by CoolColJ, 27 July 2013 - 06:18 PM.

#29 chattius

chattius

Sacred 2 Site Guru

• 3,966 posts

Posted 27 July 2013 - 08:15 PM

For unarmed with a SW I like demonic blow best:
Area effect, addpoison base damage and lifeleech
Dieses Lied ist für einen guten Kumpel der seinen letzten Kampf gegen seine Krankheit verloren hat:
Über den Wolken

This song is for a good friend from my aero-club who lost his final battle against cancer.

#30 CoolColJ

CoolColJ

Chromium Defender

• Members
  • 273 posts

Posted 27 July 2013 - 10:50 PM

I just took on the first dragon - no problems :)

Took about 2-3 mins.

I had to chug down 5 or so potions, but even then he wasn't doing that much damage to my SW.

Looking at my last opponent stats - at level 54 he had 47,000+HP and I had a 90% chance to hit him, and 65% chance for him to hit me. Thanks to dumping all points into strength.

I've socket some of my gear with minus % for opponent to evade, so that helps.

Unarmed was doing good damage to him. With my combo dual wield fist weapons a little quicker.

I had 5000 HP,  at level 48, and 1300 armour - 764 physical and 130 magic, plus the rest of the other elements. 182 fire.

Grim Resilience at 25 sure adds a lot of HP, and I have Reflect Em. at 22, modded for broad range reflect

My combo of leap+ FR + demonic blow did manage to stun him sometimes, from the leap gold mod.

Plus the combo was modded to leach some life, so I was getting a small amount per hit, 14hp unarmed and with fist weapons

Opponent level for death blow of 42% with fist weapons and 32% unarmed

Raw unarmed damage = 161

Dual fist weapons = 516-619

But it does get scaled up a ton when you make the actual attacks. I've seen between 300-800+ unarmed damage

Edited by CoolColJ, 27 July 2013 - 11:19 PM.

#31 CoolColJ

CoolColJ

Chromium Defender

• Members
  • 273 posts

Posted 28 July 2013 - 12:24 AM

Just beat Carnach - 58% chance to hit, and 63 for him

Was fairly easy, only used 2 potions :)

He could barely hit me and when he did I reflected back his attacks to himself almost half the time - 45% for melee and 35% chance to reflect spells

Still did good damage with fists, and I was leeching an extra 20hp per hit

Edited by CoolColJ, 28 July 2013 - 12:25 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users