This Is Your Facebook Profile. This Is It as a Pack of Gum

FdmNews

stumbleupon.pngdiggme.pngfb.jpgorbit-facebook-campaign
Orbit.jpg

Imagine your life rendered as a pack of gum.

Crazy, you say? Well, Wrigley’s Orbit brand claims to be able to do just that if you concede that your Facebook profile is an accurate representation of your life.

The brand rolled out a program this week that claimed to let you “see how your social life looks like in your own pack design.”

Orbit’s interpretation is rooted in an algorithmic data visualization engine, according to a rep from the brand. The engine uses four algorithms to “numerically pool a user’s data and apply it to a series of shapes within their design. The algorithmic code base manipulates artwork, colors and behaviors before generating the design unique to that user.”

Nonetheless, the interpretation of your Facebook data for the Orbit program is still fairly subjective. For instance, if your birthday is Jan. 22, the 22nd day of the year, the design elements will be rotated 22 degrees.

The Orbit program is just another manifestation of the latest craze on Madison Ave — converting Facebook profile information into new objects or experience. The hope is that it will be impossible for users to resist a personalized product or experience that appeals to the lurking narcissist within us all. After Facebook’s rollout of Timeline and the new wealth of data that will be supplied to advertisers, expect more of the same in 2012.

Below are some other brands’ recent interpretations of your Facebook profiles:

Nivea U.K.

niv.jpg

Beiersdorf's skin care brand is running a program in the U.K. that creates printable Christmas wrapping based on your wall posts, pictures and interactions with the recipient.

Click here to view this gallery.

Mashable’s Complete Facebook Timeline Coverage

Facebook Timeline Essentials

Timeline Resources

More About: Facebook, Marketing, Orbit

di
di

Mashable?i=pgC-xUP5TZ4:FDBp_5nOr1k:D7DqB2pKExk Mashable?i=pgC-xUP5TZ4:FDBp_5nOr1k:V_sGLiPBpWU Mashable?i=pgC-xUP5TZ4:FDBp_5nOr1k:F7zBnMyn0Lo Mashable?d=qj6IDK7rITs Mashable?d=_e0tkf89iUM Mashable?i=pgC-xUP5TZ4:FDBp_5nOr1k:gIN9vFwOqvQ Mashable?d=yIl2AUoC8zA Mashable?d=P0ZAIrC63Ok Mashable?d=I9og5sOYxJI Mashable?d=CC-BsrAYo0A Mashable?i=pgC-xUP5TZ4:FDBp_5nOr1k:_cyp7NeR2Rw
pgC-xUP5TZ4

View the full article
The hope is that it will be impossible for users to resist a personalized product or experience that appeals to the lurking narcissist within us all. After Facebook’s rollout of Timeline and the new wealth of data that will be supplied to advertisers, expect more of the same in 2012.

Below are some other brands’ recent interpretations of your Facebook profiles:

WOW!

Now THIS is really interesting! Actually being able to convert all that data into meaningful personal products?

Gum today, where to next!

:)

gogo

Gives me the shivers, really... And, IMHO, the timeline is certainly one more reason to never make a FB profile again... Of course one could still vouch to not use it, but my little trust I ever had with 'em is totally forever gone...

Wonder what they would make of me then since I don't have a Facebook profile. Facebook is an insidious disease that is creeping into every part of modern life it seems and if you don't want to be infected by it you appear to get treated as a freak!

At work my wife was asked by her manager about her Facebook, along with all other employees, so they could monitor what was being posted and watch for mentions of items that are classified. When she said that she doesn't use Facebook, she was told everyone uses it and you must supply us with the details. Since she insisted that she doesn't have a Facebook account, she has noticed that she no longer is trusted with classified work anymore, obviously they don't believer her or think she is too wierd to deal with such work anymore, while other employees who do use Facebook and have handed over their details have been given the classified work that my wife used to do.

I have noticed that several sites that I used to write for and comment on over the last few years will no longer accept my work or comments since they will only accept submissions through Facebook. And that certain parts of the government only seems able to communicate through Facebook now. I recently had to deal with some medical problems and when I needed certain information I was told that via Facebook......however since I don't have a Facebook account, the supervisor will have to try and find out if there is another way they are allowed to give the information to me!

I am beginning to wonder if I will soon be prosecuted as a dangerous, antisocial criminal for not using bl**dy Facebook!

Edited by podgie_bear

Podgie: Well, at least you're not alone with this dilemma. I myself refuse stricktly from using FB in any occasion. There's no way that one company

can be allowed to rule our everyday life. That's totally absurd... And it's ridicculous that some seems to think that if one's not in FB, one doesn't exist..

Sorry about the rant. Sometimes this mania just makea me overboil...

Podgie: Well, at least you're not alone with this dilemma. I myself refuse stricktly from using FB in any occasion. There's no way that one company

can be allowed to rule our everyday life. That's totally absurd... And it's ridicculous that some seems to think that if one's not in FB, one doesn't exist..

Sorry about the rant. Sometimes this mania just makea me overboil...

Know what you mean, why should our lives be affected by some A**holes opinion that nobody should be allowed to have any privacy and that everything about eveyone should be on display for everyone else to see and comment on? I even saw one pair of idiots sending messages to each other via Facebook by "writing on their walls". They were sat together at the same table in McDonalds at the time!!