LAN Servers Not Showing Up

Since my brother got a new laptop capable of playing Sacred 2, we decided to play multi over LAN.

The server(no matter which one of us made it) does not show up, and if it does, once in the server it instantly kicks the joining player out.

All ports have been forwarded, programs have been allowed to do as they please, yet the multi refuses to work.

Interestingly enough, the first time we played it when he got his new laptop, it worked perfectly, hasn't worked since.

Any help will be greatly appreciated and to solve these problems in the future, I will construct a troubleshooting guide to clear any and all problems related to Sacred 2 Fallen Angel and Sacred 2 Ice & Blood multiplayer, it's a fine time for someone to do so.

Sincerely, Absolute Super Yami Kage Kamisama Samurai the Primera.

IMO, the firewall is still the #1 suspect. In the name of being more user-friendly, firewalls frequently do things you do not expect. Unplug your internet connection, turn off all firewalls (and anti-virus while you are at it) and then try again. If that works, then you know the firewall is to blame, if it does not, you have eliminated the firewall as the problem.

IMO, the firewall is still the #1 suspect. In the name of being more user-friendly, firewalls frequently do things you do not expect. Unplug your internet connection, turn off all firewalls (and anti-virus while you are at it) and then try again. If that works, then you know the firewall is to blame, if it does not, you have eliminated the firewall as the problem.

Tried, done and with many, many variations.

I am very confident that it's the very same problem that we had when we first played multi.

It was something along the lines that if some IP address has 255(or something that range, can't remember exactly) on it, it will not work, the symptoms are identical to that time too.

I believe I was helped to solve that problem on here DarkMatters, though the very posts I needed apparently have been deleted, so the fix is gone.

I'll try digging around a little more though, I just can't pass this good chance for a superb multiplayer experience.

I know a tiny bit about networking but nothing about how Sacred operates.

Out of the box, my home network assigns IP addresses in the 192.168.0.x range with a subnet mask of 255.255.255.0. Any device on my network with an address that starts 192.168.0 can talk to any other device with an address that also starts 192.168.0. Talking to any other IP addresses requires a gateway. It could not hurt to check the IP address/subnet mask values on both machines.

Hopefully someone more knowledgeable than I will show up.