Christmas Cookies - My first ever!

Guess what I made last night for the first time ever... Cookies!

We bought ingredients, used Brad's mom's recipe, made a strange dough, knew we made a mistake, added extra shortening, then extra butter, then when noone was looking, some extra shortening, the dough finally felt better, pummeled it with our fists, silenced it in the fridge for an hour, pulled it out, rolled it into strings, added food coloring to one half, combined the two till we got the spiral effect, (I was so tired at this point, one am in the morning ) put 'em on a pan, made the hook at the top and baked!

Packin up a bunch to cart over with my to aunt and uncle's place for Christmas Eve tonight, Brad's gonna have a go with another experimental batch to see how they turn out on his own, beware your mail for unexpected packages :tongue:

w7y5nr.jpg

Home made FTW!

Hope y'all are having a good time as well, keep safe friends!

:xmastree:

gogo

• Like! 1

You poor sad person, lol. Your first Christmas cookies? :xmastree:

Even I make cookies every year then the wife and I argue about how to decorate them (different coloured icings, silver bells, sugar strands etc), have our annual decorating contest to see who comes up with the best (or wierdest) decoration and firmly declare that our own designs taste best!

I personally take great pleasure in biting the heads off the reindeer. :evil:

MERRY CHRISTMAS

Edited by podgie_bear

MERRY CHRISTMAS

I have a certain pleasure in always eating the limbs of animal/people shaped cookies, before devouring the rest. maybe I do it so that they can't run away...

I have made christmas cookies before with family, but it always turns into a fight, so I stopped participating.

Delta!

Edited by Delta!

Wonder if there is a tradition of something like our german Weihnachtsstollen, a bread made of mainly candied dried fruits, raisins, almond, nuts and then whole bread surrounded with a layer of sugar to keep the moisture inside and it stays tasty for months, if not eten by 50+ relatives before.

2741.jpg

We never did these candy canes you did, perhaps next year.

You poor sad person, lol. Your first Christmas cookies? :xmastree:

Even I make cookies every year then the wife and I argue about how to decorate them (different coloured icings, silver bells, sugar strands etc), have our annual decorating contest to see who comes up with the best (or wierdest) decoration and firmly declare that our own designs taste best!

MERRY CHRISTMAS

You're right, it's unfortunate I never really tied in on how great making cookies and then giving them out makes us feel. My aunt and uncle were just jaw-dropped when I showed them the box of strange, mishapen oddities. But they were made by me, and that meant everything to them. This is all courtesy of Schot, twas his recipe, and he's got the ways of patience to sometimes help us to stick to what could seem like a very frustrating job.

MERRY CHRISTMAS

I have a certain pleasure in always eating the limbs of animal/people shaped cookies, before devouring the rest. maybe I do it so that they can't run away...

I have made christmas cookies before with family, but it always turns into a fight, so I stopped participating.

Delta!

A fight over the cookies, or because just because everyone is together a fight comes up? If so unleash your world class weapon...Christmas Hugs! :xmastree:

Yummie!

Hi btw )

They were yummie, and yes, heya Yaga you! :BlobRed:

--The Yags

We never did these candy canes you did, perhaps next year.

The peppermint party only comes from the crushing up of mint cookies then pouring it on the cookies as they cool down. Some of the relatives liked the mint, others not, but all laughed when I first opened up the box!

:4rofl:

gogo

Eh. I made stuffing...

Take 2 boxes of Stove Top Chicken stuffing mix, an onion (chopped), 2 stalks celery (chopped), approximately 1 cup of assorted dried fruits (cranberry, blueberry and apricot), 2 cans of chicken stock, 1/2 stick of unsalted butter, and 3 tablespoons of chopped garlic. Saute the onion and celery in a couple of tablespoons of olive oil until translucent. Drop in the butter and let it melt. Toss in the garlic and the dried fruits and put the two cans of chicken stock and bring it to a slow boil. Drop in the two bags of stuffing mix, remove from heat and stir vigorously to make sure the vegetables and fruits get properly distributed... Cover and let stand for the requisite 5 minutes.

Now you might be thinking that sounds disgusting but ya know - it works surprisingly well. It's sort of sweet and savory.

Eh. I made stuffing...

Take 2 boxes of Stove Top Chicken stuffing mix, an onion (chopped), 2 stalks celery (chopped), approximately 1 cup of assorted dried fruits (cranberry, blueberry and apricot), 2 cans of chicken stock, 1/2 stick of unsalted butter, and 3 tablespoons of chopped garlic. Saute the onion and celery in a couple of tablespoons of olive oil until translucent. Drop in the butter and let it melt. Toss in the garlic and the dried fruits and put the two cans of chicken stock and bring it to a slow boil. Drop in the two bags of stuffing mix, remove from heat and stir vigorously to make sure the vegetables and fruits get properly distributed... Cover and let stand for the requisite 5 minutes.

Now you might be thinking that sounds disgusting but ya know - it works surprisingly well. It's sort of sweet and savory.

Wolfie, heya! Sound like your Christmas was tasty, and who needs cookies when modern concoctions like sweet and savory stuffings are the newest in technology!

:bounce:

gogo