Remove monster level cap from various areas?

pilikia

I did a few searches, and I couldn't find a mod that removed the level cap from the various areas, and being able to do the quests in the various areas and get rewards based on my level rather than the capped level would increase my enjoyment of the game immensely (I'm something of a completionist like that). Does anybody know how to make this happen?

• 4 months later...

I did a few searches, and I couldn't find a mod that removed the level cap from the various areas, and being able to do the quests in the various areas and get rewards based on my level rather than the capped level would increase my enjoyment of the game immensely (I'm something of a completionist like that). Does anybody know how to make this happen?

I hope, I say nothing forbitten here:

-Backuping the balance.txt,

-Open your balance.txt

searching for "Spawn_OffsetHigh" and replace the five numbers you find there with 200.

It should look like this:

Spawn_OffsetHigh = {200,200,200,200,200},

-save it and leave

Now every levelcap in every Dificulty should be level 200.

Edited by dark-ossi

I would like to know more about this.

has it been tested and found to not mess around with anything or messing anything up? last time I altered files for a game on someone recommendations, I had to reinstall the game and in doing that I lost all my saved info.

Delta!

@ Delta!

At least at my system I have seen no problems. And when you have a backup of the orginal balance.txt (having a backup, I would allways suggest:)) then you can your changs making easily undone by reactivating the backup

Thank you this worked quite well! I got tired of hitting the level cap before I was done in an area.

Of course, all mobs everywhere will always be your level (or higher). So be careful.

• 5 years later...

Hello! I know the policy about posting in a topic not used since ages on most forums and communities but for a single question I wouldn't like to create a new topic.

I've just encountered this monster level cap in the unmodded game (usually I like exploring but somehow it never lasted long enough to outlevel the random monsters). On Gold now I'm more than 6 levels higher than any monsters I encounter, sometimes even with 10 levels. After searching a little I found the Wiki site and there was this region-based level cap. After more search I ended up at this topic. There is some question I would like to ask.

Are you talking about the "Sacred 2 Gold\scripts\server\balance.txt" file?

If I modify it, the changes will affect my already-existing character and save?

Will it affect the LAN play, and of course have to be modified on all the PCs we run in our household?

I hope this necroposting doesn't cause much trouble, hehe. :)

P.S.: I know about the Community Patch and after a little search I found the removing of these caps in the changelog. I'm used it a long ago and I have no problem with that patch. But that was ages before and now we're playing on LAN and doesn't really modify the game.

Edited by Shoujirou
  • Like! 1
On 10/8/2017 at 8:45 PM, Shoujirou said:

Hello! I know the policy about posting in a topic not used since ages on most forums and communities but for a single question I wouldn't like to create a new topic.

I've just encountered this monster level cap in the unmodded game (usually I like exploring but somehow it never lasted long enough to outlevel the random monsters). On Gold now I'm more than 6 levels higher than any monsters I encounter, sometimes even with 10 levels. After searching a little I found the Wiki site and there was this region-based level cap. After more search I ended up at this topic. There is some question I would like to ask.

Are you talking about the "Sacred 2 Gold\scripts\server\balance.txt" file?

If I modify it, the changes will affect my already-existing character and save?

Will it affect the LAN play, and of course have to be modified on all the PCs we run in our household?

I hope this necroposting doesn't cause much trouble, hehe. :)

P.S.: I know about the Community Patch and after a little search I found the removing of these caps in the changelog. I'm used it a long ago and I have no problem with that patch. But that was ages before and now we're playing on LAN and doesn't really modify the game.

Hi Shoujiro and welcome to DarkMatters! I just caught your post now, and I'm giving it a bump of friendly welcome, maybe someone who has some more information will be able to help if they can answer.  This forum is so niche specific, we're quite lax on the necro posting, as it actually keeps information on track and findable.

Hoping you're enjoying the mods!
:)

gogo