if you were a an anminal

As topic says what kinda animal would you be if you could ;)

I would probably be a baboon if wify should take the charge hehe. well guess I would be an African antilope for several reasons

1. We have same facial structure

2. we can run fast in dangerous situations

3. we are sexy despite oure stinky odur :D

4. We have a nice smile

I put some thought into that. I would like to be:

real mean animal

lazy

lifetime a bit longer than a one day fly

deadly even when dead

annoying as much lawyers as I can

my meat should be used for the ugliest recipes you can imagine

top of food chain

unsocial, no need to care for kids or wife

My vote would be the greenland sleeper shark, ice shark:

Life span more than 200 year

8 metres and 2 ton of weight

poisonous meat. which islandic people used to dig in earth and let it rot for some month to make it eatable: Hakarl

baby sharks are alread 3 feet when born, so less likely that I am eaten already as a baby, poor antelopes

And in germany every law student has at least one class about this fish. In 1920 a person bought what he thought to be whale meat, even the seller thought it. But it was norwegian labeled ice shark. Shark flesh was high import taxed and the buyer wanted to retreat from the sell. It is a classic example for falsa demonstratio non nocet. Annoying lawyers that tops it all.

I first learned about Hakarl when I studied maths and lived in a student home with 8 people a floor. One of them was a girl from island. Each weekend when cafeteria at university was closed we changed who had to do lunch, breakfeast for all 8 of us. Probably learned most of my cooking at this time.

I'd have to be a slug :-

1). I'm lazy.

2). I'm fat.

3). I'm annoying ( although, not just to gardeners !).

One flaw to this though, I'm not slimey ! Well, that's just my opinion, hehe !

Steve. :)

Bee!

yeah that's me! :bounce: I think honeybees are cool and integral to the world. World's pollinators, and they're having problems surviving. They're hard working, lovable, and they have an emergency sting if they need it.

Go Bee!

:)

gogo

• 2 weeks later...

I wish I was an elephant ! My memory is getting worse by the day.

I heard that they reckon that people are getting worse at remembering stuff because of Google ! We are so used to just Googling for info that we don't bother to remember anything any more.

Technological advances biting us in the behind ? :cha (18):

Steve.

Right about the googling, but we're learning some other cool skills perhaps...instead of just "memorizing" databases, we're letting computers, or portable AI's do it for us (phones) and instead, we're supposed to be working on our ability to keep re-learning new skills so that if we're laid off, it's easier to "relearn" everything we need because we're training ourselves to become re-learners

U buy this?

:P

gogo

Might be. Although I would rather try to memorize all possible constantly needed things, searching them up every time can be a chore, even if the search functions are in the muscle-memory- level.

Might be. Although I would rather try to memorize all possible constantly needed things, searching them up every time can be a chore, even if the search functions are in the muscle-memory- level.

You're right. There's a great deal of info out there saying that we have to keep working on memory AND our search functions. Memory loss will come about faster if we don't "exercise"

Sudoko anyone? (lol hate that game :P)

You've bamboozled me again Gogo !

Rashers on you!

:D

gogo

my wife has a nice entropy theory:

Kids really remember all the places they kept their toys. They consider cleaning up after playing a waste. Parents are no longer able to remember all the places their kids placed their toys at playing and want to teach them for the time their kids will have a less perfect working memory.

Somewhere between being a kid and becoming a parent you reach the point when you are a student who still thinks he is a kid and you loose endless time in searching the papers for the exam next day. This point is just a minute after you told your girlfriend/mother not to clean up because you remember all the positions of the needed papers.

my wife has a nice entropy theory:

Kids really remember all the places they kept their toys. They consider cleaning up after playing a waste. Parents are no longer able to remember all the places their kids placed their toys at playing and want to teach them for the time their kids will have a less perfect working memory.

Somewhere between being a kid and becoming a parent you reach the point when you are a student who still thinks he is a kid and you loose endless time in searching the papers for the exam next day. This point is just a minute after you told your girlfriend/mother not to clean up because you remember all the positions of the needed papers.

I guess everyone is different.

I am a bit of a minimalist and don't hold onto very much at all. My flat is rather bare. My parents visited a while back and didn't like it as they said it looked like I live like a monk ! I am not like that, but I'm not into materialistic things and don't like clutter ( too much to dust ;) )

What I'm getting at, eventually, is that I can put my hands on anything I need in my flat in no time at all. I could not stand to live in a mess and I know that I'd never find anything !

Back to the topic... What kinda animal would I want to be?

A Cheetah or a king Cheetah, I think they are the most beautiful animals on the planet. All sleek and slender with amazing speed and very gentle natures. Although they do have lots of natural enemies and other predators bully them frequently, they are very rarely hunted by man, because they are not seen as "trophy animals".

post-15332-0-73768700-1327604712_thumb.jpg

Delta!

A Cheetah or a king Cheetah, I think they are the most beautiful animals on the planet. All sleek and slender with amazing speed and very gentle natures. Although they do have lots of natural enemies and other predators bully them frequently, they are very rarely hunted by man, because they are not seen as "trophy animals".

Delta!

Never heard of a 'king' cheetah before. Is there much difference between that one and a normal cheetah ?

Talking of trophy hunting, they ran a picture story in the UK press of famillies going to Africa and shooting giraffe !? They had photos taken of themselves gathered around the dead giraffe...........If I'd shot such a beautiful animal, I'd keep darned quiet about it !

Delta!

Never heard of a 'king' cheetah before. Is there much difference between that one and a normal cheetah ?

Talking of trophy hunting, they ran a picture story in the UK press of famillies going to Africa and shooting giraffe !? They had photos taken of themselves gathered around the dead giraffe...........If I'd shot such a beautiful animal, I'd keep darned quiet about it !

A king cheetah is just a bit bigger in size, and they don't have spots, it is more of a stripe effect... if that makes sense?

Got this of wikipedia

King cheetah

The king cheetah is a rare mutation of cheetah characterized by a distinct fur pattern. It was first noted in what was then Southern Rhodesia (modern-day Zimbabwe) in 1926. In 1927, the naturalist Reginald Innes Pocock declared it a separate species, but reversed this decision in 1939 due to lack of evidence, but in 1928, a skin purchased by Walter Rothschild was found to be intermediate in pattern between the king cheetah and spotted cheetah and Abel Chapman considered it to be a color form of the spotted cheetah. Twenty-two such skins were found between 1926 and 1974. Since 1927, the king cheetah was reported five more times in the wild. Although strangely marked skins had come from Africa, a live king cheetah was not photographed until 1974 in South Africa's Kruger National Park. Cryptozoologists Paul and Lena Bottriell photographed one during an expedition in 1975. They also managed to obtain stuffed specimens. It appeared larger than a spotted cheetah and its fur had a different texture. There was another wild sighting in 1986—the first in seven years. By 1987, thirty-eight specimens had been recorded, many from pelts.

Its species status was resolved in 1981 when king cheetahs were born at the De Wildt Cheetah and Wildlife Centre in South Africa. In May 1981, two spotted sisters gave birth there and each litter contained one king cheetah. The sisters had both mated with a wild-caught male from the Transvaal area (where king cheetahs had been recorded). Further king cheetahs were later born at the Centre. It has been known to exist in Zimbabwe, Botswana and in the northern part of South Africa's Transvaal province. A recessive gene must be inherited from both parents for this pattern to appear, which is one reason why it is so rare.

post-15332-0-27782100-1327609683_thumb.jpg

Delta!

Edited by Delta!

Delta!

A king cheetah is just a bit bigger in size, and they don't have spots, it is more of a stripe effect... if that makes sense?

Got this of wikipedia

King cheetah

The king cheetah is a rare mutation of cheetah characterized by a distinct fur pattern. It was first noted in what was then Southern Rhodesia (modern-day Zimbabwe) in 1926. In 1927, the naturalist Reginald Innes Pocock declared it a separate species, but reversed this decision in 1939 due to lack of evidence, but in 1928, a skin purchased by Walter Rothschild was found to be intermediate in pattern between the king cheetah and spotted cheetah and Abel Chapman considered it to be a color form of the spotted cheetah. Twenty-two such skins were found between 1926 and 1974. Since 1927, the king cheetah was reported five more times in the wild. Although strangely marked skins had come from Africa, a live king cheetah was not photographed until 1974 in South Africa's Kruger National Park. Cryptozoologists Paul and Lena Bottriell photographed one during an expedition in 1975. They also managed to obtain stuffed specimens. It appeared larger than a spotted cheetah and its fur had a different texture. There was another wild sighting in 1986—the first in seven years. By 1987, thirty-eight specimens had been recorded, many from pelts.

Its species status was resolved in 1981 when king cheetahs were born at the De Wildt Cheetah and Wildlife Centre in South Africa. In May 1981, two spotted sisters gave birth there and each litter contained one king cheetah. The sisters had both mated with a wild-caught male from the Transvaal area (where king cheetahs had been recorded). Further king cheetahs were later born at the Centre. It has been known to exist in Zimbabwe, Botswana and in the northern part of South Africa's Transvaal province. A recessive gene must be inherited from both parents for this pattern to appear, which is one reason why it is so rare.

post-15332-0-27782100-1327609683_thumb.jpg

Delta!

No wonder he's called the king. He is absolutely beautiful. You are very lucky in Africa. Here in the UK we've got pidgeons and hedgehogs !

Edited by cider_steve