Simliar games to Sacred

Hi I have enjoyed sacred 2 for a few years and I still haven't finished playing. Ive been looking around for a similar game. Recently I played the space seige demo and really enjoyed the game and the loot in the demo. When I told my friend I was thinking of buying it he laughed and said there was only 6 cybernetic parts in the game. So I didn't buy. Here are the games iv'e played.

Loki

Greed Black border (great indie rpg)

Hell Gate london + community patch (this community patch really makes the game great).

Daggerdale Xbox

Torchlight

Titan quest

Hand of god

Diablo 1,2

silverfall and expansion

By my list you probally can tell I love loot games. Are there any iv'e missed.

Hey there.

I think most are waiting for Diablo 3, but Blizzard are sure taking thier sweet time with it. There aren't a huge number of games in this style, and you have mentioned most.

I'm waiting for Kingdoms of Amalur : Reckoning which comes out very soon. Check out the official website, which has some great trailers. I personally am very excited about this game and it looks like a very deep rpg...............maybe a bit more of an rpg than the likes of Sacred 2 which is obviously more of an arpg, tbh.............but you might like to give it a go anyway.

Steve. :)

Yes thank you. I am waiting for Kingdoms of Amalur : Reckoning it really looks good. I have been waiting for diablo 3 for some time but for some strange reason I am not excited at all for it anymore. Maybe iv'e just gone of blizzard.

I have actually been following the grim dawn blog and iam really looking foward to it. So much more then diablo sadly. Maybe its the style or maybe it the way there not trying to reinvent the wheel.

Grim Dawn ? Can't say that I know that game, tbh. I'll have to go check it out. What type of game will it be ? Mmorpg, mp, sp etc ?

Thanks for the tip.

Steve. :)

Probably because that is what you are happiest with.

I was the same with the first Sacred, especially closed hc. No matter what else I played, I always came back for some closed hc gaming.

The massive number of variants in Sacred 2 is a big factor. A lot of games you play and don't fancy playing through again, whereas Sacred 2 offers lots of different stuff.

I always felt it was the playable charcters. In torch light I only ever played as the warrior. But in sacred,iv'e been a

Demon

dwarf

gladiator

vampire

mage

seraphine

temple guardian

Ect

Maybe it's why I still play sacred gold every now and then.

Edited by grimwold

Iam sure ascaron would have would have added more characters if thing hadn't gone badly. It a shame considering how good the game is right now. And ive heard theres some big features comming up in the new community patch. Maybe it time for a rerelease like the Gothic 3 Forsaken Gods Enhanced Edition by the Community Patch. I sure it would help the series.

Coming back to Grim Dawn, it's made on the same engine as Titan quest, and by mostly the same people.

Yep but this time with random enviroments and stuff. Titan quest was a really good game ,but I am not really into all that greek stuff. I hope it goes well for them.

Edited by grimwold

I did not like Titan Quest very much. It felt like too many steps backwards, and the game seemed too static to me. One slightly unusual game I did not see on that list was Divine Divinity. I've read of comparisons between DD and Sacred, but I think the games are not that similar. I suppose you could break down Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic to being a hack and slash game(with added minigames). I believe the second Dungeon Siege game is likely the closest to the hack and slash feel of Sacred. I can't say anything about the third Dungeon Siege game since I decided to not purchase it. I can say that the first Dungeon Siege game might be ok for you as long as you don't take any of the material seriously(I love to nickname it Dum Dum Siege since it's a fairly easy hack and slash with a light emphasis on tactics).

Edited by DaveO

It's quite strange really iam a big fan of the Divine Divinity series even the new one. Strange I forgot about it. I didn't really like dungeon siege 1 but iam a big fan of the second and I quite enjoyed the 3rd obsidian did a good job. Now if only gas powerd games would let obsidian do a space siege remake.

I personally find it hard to find games that are close to sacred 2... Sacred 2 allows for an unparallelled sandbox type of game, which very few games present these years... there are 100 ways to beat the npcs, and it is only up to the player to find those.

I find it hard to find a game because of one simple reason - all of the SP/MP games try to find a way to beat the player - Sacred 2 tries to find a way to make the player to think more creatively ;)

• 2 weeks later...

Grim dawn sounds interesting - but am I right in that you can only get it by an online DL through steam?

Also, to the OP - how far did you get in LOKI? only got up to about level 25 - 30, it had some BIG drawbacks - not th eleast the game freezing on me and the crummy save system, but the combat arts and spells were pretty cool.

I personally find it hard to find games that are close to sacred 2... Sacred 2 allows for an unparallelled sandbox type of game, which very few games present these years... there are 100 ways to beat the npcs, and it is only up to the player to find those.

I find it hard to find a game because of one simple reason - all of the SP/MP games try to find a way to beat the player - Sacred 2 tries to find a way to make the player to think more creatively ;)

If there's ANY sort of game that's a lot like Sacred 2 - that'd be the GTA series - specifically, GTA III, Vice City, GTA: San Andreas and GTA IV. Granted, the theme of these games is quite different - set in modern times in New York, Miami, Los Angeles and back to New York again. But, these are all free flowing games that allow you to do quests in any order you choose - much like in Sacred 2. You have territories you can unlock - entire city/islands - much like Sacred 2. Inventory is a bit limited, you don't really have a lot of things you can collect in the GTA series - beyond weapons and cash and quest items. The GTA games are also a lot simpler in many ways. You don't have to worry about things like combat arts and other statistics (except, perhaps CJ's weight in San An)... However, many of the missions in the GTA series are also of the variety where you are made to think a bit on how to complete the various quests.

If anything, the GTA III/IV series is more of a predecessor of Sacred 2.

Unfortunately Grim Dawn is far away from completion. Still in Alpha stage right now. It's a bunch of guys doing this in their off-time so it's taking awhile. I doubt it will be ready this year, though I hope the beta is ready for testing.

Grim Dawn Forum

Two worlds 1+2 are fit in the genre except that they are 1st/3rd person view,think Gothic crossed with D2.TW2 has a spell system not too unlike Sacred 2 in that you have spells that can be modified in different ways,unlike Sacred 2 spells can be respeced as they come in the form of cards that you slot in with modifier cards.It also has closed multiplayer server although partying up is a pain most of the time I don't bother.It does have one unique feature a sort of mini village mode simulation game which you can make lots of gold with.Gear can be upgraded with gems(which are also upgradeable much like Diablo 2 gems).

• 4 months later...

Strange I havent seen path of exile mentioned yet. http://www.pathofexile.com/] It will be free to play when it releases.

Quite an involved skill system which should get some Sacred junkies interested. Currently they are giving out a beta key every 10 min or so but if you hate waiting for the dice to roll for you you can contribute 10$ and get 100 coins of in game currency and a beta spot.