The Bark Side

masteff

To fully understand the volkswagen ad you probably need to have seen this one first:

The Volkswagen ad I hated was thw Sharan one. They did a lot of áds showing the Sharanbeing the perfect car for a family with young kids. So they did a parody on their own ads. SHowing 2 dutch boys in a VW Kübel joking about a father who prepares for a picknick at beach: 'Wanna do a trip to beach with the small ones?' And then his wife with his 3 daughters appear and their chins drop down. It would have been a real funny ad, if....

... if I hadn't 3 daughters and my brother in law played the ad at a birthday party and saying, you should buy a sharan in 10 years when your daughters are bigger. We hadn't the twins then.

Actually, happened to see that somewhere during Christmas. Kinda slipped away, as I don't watch tv much, don't own one.

One of the better ones in my humble oppinion. Imperial march never gets old. :P

I love these dogs, lol... was just doing dishes, and made some coffee, now sitting down in front of the dog pound, they're terrific, and a great way to start the day.

Yes, Juha, all hail The Imperial March!

:)

gogo

Actually, happened to see that somewhere during Christmas. Kinda slipped away, as I don't watch tv much, don't own one.

One of the better ones in my humble oppinion. Imperial march never gets old. :P

Rare for some-one not to own a tv these days my friend, and I admire you for it. We, the world, are slaves to our tv's !

I have an uncle who was a farmer and lives in the countryside. He has never owned a tv. A couple of years ago, some government officials came round and gave him a hard time because he had never paid for a tv licence ! He let them search his whole farm, including outbuildings and barns before they agreed that they couldn't find any evidence that he owned a tv,ariel or satelite dish ! Even then they still weren't happy. What a joke ! They did all this even though my aunt,who has since passed on, was suffering with cancer. What dogs ! It upset him greatly and a couple of years later he still talks of it.

TV license? I don't understand...does this mean that everyone is supposed to "own " a license to just watch TV? This is like something out of George Orwell's 1984, yeah I woulda been angry if some "bureau" came around because I had been reported or noticed as not being recorded for not having "proper" or "normal" license!

:viking:

gogo

TV license? I don't understand...does this mean that everyone is supposed to "own " a license to just watch TV? This is like something out of George Orwell's 1984, yeah I woulda been angry if some "bureau" came around because I had been reported or noticed as not being recorded for not having "proper" or "normal" license!

:viking:

gogo

Well, I don't know about other countries, but we have always had to pay an annual fee for a tv licence in the UK. £145.50 for 12 months. Less if you have a black & white tv..............can't be many of those left !? You will get in a heap of trouble if you don't pay. A big fine and maybe even a jail sentence, though that would be extreme !

Hell. in germany even a computer with internet access is considered a TV and you have to buy a monthly fee for it. Laws will be changed that each household has to pay that fee and no longer bound to owning a TV, Phone, netbook.

If you want to know in what a happy country you live, just read about our GEZ. And the frustrating part is: other german speaking countries get our TV programs for free via satellite.

chattius: The license is biggest reason for me to not own tv. Would cost about ~230€ a year. Though I guess I wouldn't have one if there wasn't that license. I get all I need from the interwebz. ^^

Though they are about to impose a new tax (>_<) in 2013 where every household pays a sum based on income, and that's basically for funding Yle. Which is kinda what BBC is to Britain, only not so good, imho.

If that one goes through, I'll be forced to buy a tv, as I certainly aren't going to buy for nothing.

One wouldn't know what outright stupid things the government's plotting... :( Just wasting our tax-moneys...

TV license? I don't understand...does this mean that everyone is supposed to "own " a license to just watch TV?

Conceptually, it's a "use tax". Remember that the BBC is government owned, so this is a way for the UK to fund it. It's sort of like car tags... only people who have cars have to buy car licenses (we'll leave the politics of whether car license fees actually go to fix roads to a different discussion since that varies so from place to place).

http://www.bbc.co.uk/aboutthebbc/insidethebbc/whoweare/licencefee/

Conceptually

Ooooh, some-one had a dictionary for Christmas ! :cool:

Only pulling yer leg Masteff mate. :tongue:

George Harrison wrote in one of his Beatles songs about tax............boy, was he a visionary !

Steve.

I dont know if your tax freedom day is same has same calculation as the german one which is named Steuerzahlergedenktag, tax payers memorial day. For the average german it was 6th of july last year.

UK was 3rd of june in 2006 and 26th of april in USA

So in average you work more than half a year just for taxes in germany.

Just had my daily bark

The last one's just gotta be the coolest!

I just realized that each dog in the video is supposed to represent a character from star war.

Anyone know all of them?

Bottom left Princes Leaia with the Donut Hair...

kills me

:lol:

gogo

The bark side is only a teaser for the commercial running at superbowl?

There used to be a parody from Greenpeace about the first starwars ad from VW. But Lucas film did copyright claims and the video was removed in several countries. So I am not sure if you are able to see this one.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PzwwzXv7l88

One slight problemo............I couldn't understand da lingo ! :Just_Cuz_21:

.........well, apart from the sheet with the message from Green peace "save your planet"

The rest of it was all weird and jumbled up, almost as bad as French ! :devil:

bit off topic, but this dog video I have been watching semi-religiously for last few days ( these things just make me laugh and get energized! :bounce: ) ... it's one of the TOP TEN VIDEOS OF YOUTUBE last year:

89 million views means it's good!

:)

gogo

• 1 year later...

Hm.. I click on this, and get "This video is private." So, I used the words (which disappeared when it could not load) to search on youtube.

Got this one, which worked for me in Canada: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zc1Ctu5Y9kA

Very fun. I like it. :)

Edited by FrostElfGuard