Lady of Lake brainstorming

claudius

Please don't 'rip me a new one' but I welcome comments!

I've been away but I flicked the secret switch that opens my sacred 2 character designing laboratory so now we are in business as the the foaming chemical apparatus bubbles away making my Dr. Jekyl serum and the electrodes on my brain spit out data :cha (18)::xmastree:

Lady of the Lake

Melee dualwielding boneslicers. Auto-attack because dual lore only enhances crits on non-combat arts... Since offense is boring I have a finesse defense: Forest Flight, Dust Devil, Golden Glade, and a defensive applications of vines... Along with your standard bark, combat reflexes, armor. And the coolness of a pet moribund animus..

Skills - order not figured out yet...

(* indicates first to master)

1. *Concentration (hunt heads with Sinister Predator/bark then use heads with moribund/bark... later all three)

2. Tactics Lore

3. *Nature Focus (conc at 5)

4. *Dual Wield

5. Damage Lore

6. Voodoo Focus (just 9 pts)

7. Combat Reflexes

8. Capricious Hunter

9. Armor

10. Sword

I would also like constitution but I do have bark. Sword and damage lore though not mandatory I thought having a boneslicer build with + offensive skills would be cool

Stats: all vitality (or whatever it's called in sacred 2:))

Combat Art Mods:

Sinister Predator - eagle eye, marked shot, hunting focus

*the only choice for melee

Ravaged Impact is used as a 'haymaker' though usually auto-attacking.. mods: Perforate, Breach, Blast

Forest Flight - Recovery, Expert, Refresh

*modded for defense/healing

Dust Devil - Recondition, Spell Shield, Spread

*modded for defense

Moribund Animus - Malice, Elevation, Fury

*pure offense as I can always resummon if it dies and I can trade heads

Bark - Rugged, Divert, Invigorate

*standard

Golden Glade - Flow, Perseverence, Diligence

*standard

Vines - sprawl, impair, encroach

Combos:

1 Ravaged Impact

2 Forest Flight

3 Vines

4 Golden Glade

5 Dust Devil

Sooo did I make any mistakes or any other brainstorms/ideas?

Looking at the build it looks pretty solid overall.

I would terrified of being one shotted by an errant fire shot, and couldn't run the blood forest chain (which is my favorite run).

There'd be a whole lotta finessing, I think.

With the theme you've chosen, although damage lore is nice, I'd think spell resist would be nicer, specially if you maxed it fourth.

Welcome back to the board and community

Looking at the build it looks pretty solid overall.

I would terrified of being one shotted by an errant fire shot, and couldn't run the blood forest chain (which is my favorite run).

There'd be a whole lotta finessing, I think.

With the theme you've chosen, although damage lore is nice, I'd think spell resist would be nicer, specially if you maxed it fourth.

Welcome back to the board and community

Thanks for the welcome. As far as the build I decided to explore polearms. Still haven't tride darting assault with a polearm yet I suspect it will be a good graphic as dryad was intended by the developers to have a good spear/polearm option.

My few Dryad attempts have all been blowpipe builds, and all ended in varying degrees of failure so I have no specific Dryad input.

I have seen gogo run a polearm Dryad, but cannot comment on the CA animation.

I have done both polearm and DW Boneslicer Seraphims and have these thoughts on comparing those two weapon options. I did not see any real tangible difference in performance between the two. Both allow for a LL% weapon skill for use against bosses and both do good damage against mobs. I stopped using Boneslicers in the mid 60's though since Unique and Set sword drops were better than the Boneslicers I could farm. DW/SWL using Unique or Set swords also allows for more slots than a polearm. On the other hand, going polearm frees up a skill.

My few Dryad attempts have all been blowpipe builds, and all ended in varying degrees of failure so I have no specific Dryad input.

I have seen gogo run a polearm Dryad, but cannot comment on the CA animation.

I have done both polearm and DW Boneslicer Seraphims and have these thoughts on comparing those two weapon options. I did not see any real tangible difference in performance between the two. Both allow for a LL% weapon skill for use against bosses and both do good damage against mobs. I stopped using Boneslicers in the mid 60's though since Unique and Set sword drops were better than the Boneslicers I could farm. DW/SWL using Unique or Set swords also allows for more slots than a polearm. On the other hand, going polearm frees up a skill.

The auto-attack animations look good imo for the polearm. I still haven't played more and checked the darting assault.

Looks good, Claudius!

As much as I would say "drop Combat Reflexes", you can't get Armour Lore without a primary defensive skill. Maybe choose Spell Resistance, but with GGT giving huge willpower boosts (and can be chain-cast as soon as you fully mod it), CR is the better choice... for a DW dryad.

Damage Lore? Just for a little extra chance to weaken, seems suboptimal but not a useless skill by any means. Don't master it unless you switch to a DoT-style with fire or poison weapons. 1 pt plus allskills does just fine.

Regarding your plan to stay as a "left-clicker" - Remember that Ravaged Impact has a "ignore armour" mod (perforate), so dualling the Terus quest rewards gets you to 100% chance to disregard very quickly (if you choose the "spam RI" route). You will notice a damage dropoff when you get into Niob, where the enemies gain damage mitigations (IIRC, they get mitigations according to their armour-types)... but other than that, just keep your tactics lore and deathblow at a reasonable levels, you should be cruising in no time flat.

Happy Hunting!