New Toon, been a while

Dordledum

Hi All,

I've been playing Sacred 2 on and off since its release, and have just picked it up again last week for the first time in about a year. I must admit I've forgotten a lot in that year.

I never got a character in Niob, barely got a Melee/Ice High Elf into Platinum once, but most of the time I end up stranded somewhere in Gold. Same with a seraphim melee poledancer I made last week, halfway in gold she kept on dying on me, so I deleted her again.

So, I want to go for a Niob run this time round, and the only requirements I really have is that I want Enhanced Perception and suvivability without too much micromanagement.

I can't decide on a character class, let alone a build. Inquisitor can't take EP, so he's out. Shadow Warrior has to waste a skill slot on a useless general skill before being able to get EP, so he's out as well.

Thoughts?

ps. Sorry if I have posted in the wrong forum btw. I'm new here.

Thank you! Glad to be here,

started my silver run yesterday. This is the build I'm leaning towards:

1 Armor Lore

2 Constitution (at CL, at least until Mastery)

3 Shield Lore

4 Bargaining (at CL)

5 EP

6 Concentration (5)

7 DA Focus

8 DA Lore

9 MS Focus (or AP Focus?)

10 Combat Discipline

Not sure how many points to put in each skill yet. I think it's imperative for survival to get constitution to mastery ASAP. 5 in concentration seems enough initially as I don't see myself running 3 buffs anyway.

If my melee elf won't work on higher levels, I might try a Devout Guardian TG Build, but I really want to try this first.

By the way. Incandescent or Crystal Skin? Damage reflection vs Damage reduction?

Edited by Dordledum

Hi All,

I've been playing Sacred 2 on and off since its release, and have just picked it up again last week for the first time in about a year. I must admit I've forgotten a lot in that year.

I never got a character in Niob, barely got a Melee/Ice High Elf into Platinum once, but most of the time I end up stranded somewhere in Gold. Same with a seraphim melee poledancer I made last week, halfway in gold she kept on dying on me, so I deleted her again.

So, I want to go for a Niob run this time round, and the only requirements I really have is that I want Enhanced Perception and suvivability without too much micromanagement.

I can't decide on a character class, let alone a build. Inquisitor can't take EP, so he's out. Shadow Warrior has to waste a skill slot on a useless general skill before being able to get EP, so he's out as well.

Thoughts?

ps. Sorry if I have posted in the wrong forum btw. I'm new here.

Hi erik!

a quick post here this freezing cold Montreal morning to wish you welcome to DarkMatters^^

As posted up above, the builds section can show you a range of what's available for the character. I myself and addicted to tons of damage, and loved the ice elf for being able to take out guardians with minimal fuss.

Just plain ole killing speed!

:butcher:

gogo

p.s oh, and have fun!

thanks for all the welcomes!

I still find it a really tough choice between MS Focus or AP Focus. For me it's all about what buff works best. Incandescent Skin or Crystal Skin. Been reading up on it all day, but there doesn't seem to be a consensus on the different message boards.

Ice seems like a safer choice, with armor increase and the option to reflect magic (all enemy combat arts?). But the damage reflection of the Pyro buff is sweet too.

Thankfully I'm far from having to choose yet, because I have just started this character and only planning to take the skill as one of the final two skills.

Any input will still be appreciated.

(Maybe this thread should be moved to the High Elf board?)

Ice seems like a safer choice, with armor increase and the option to reflect magic (all enemy combat arts?). But the damage reflection of the Pyro buff is sweet too.

They both kill very differently, going to be a tossup for style here. Ice is amazing at taking down bosses, and you also get great protection at same time... the fire is an amazing leveller, but as far as I know, only meteors out of her range of spells can take down guardians.

Did you see the Ice elf versus guardians?

It's targeted kill speed is pretty impressive, and I liked the animation better than the meteors

:)

gogo

p.s. moved to high elf discussion

"survivability without too much micromanagement"? For me, a melee HE would not be the first build to come to mind.

I guess, you're right on that front. :) I guess I'll go Ice when the time comes.

Thanks all!

Level 44, just finished silver campaign ten minutes ago.

0 deaths, killing everything with 1 or 2 shots, great bosskiller, hardly ever need to drink a potion.

UNTIL I had to fight Nimonuil! The Barsteward killed me in 30 seconds. There went the Survival Bonus down the drain. :cry:

Still able to kill the Nameless Guardians in about 7 minutes. Magic Coup only, it was like cutting cookie dough!

Starting Gold soon, but might play a bit of Amalur first.

Edited by Dordledum

I know.

I believe I have the answer.

The dufus on the bridge is who debuffs you (in the light campaign)

You know, the reenactment of the darth vader scene.

it is his very first attack.

It is how my 108 died in SP on the guardian run.

I saw it two nights ago when I took my dryad to Gold.

I have yet to test if it happens every time, but that is what I have observed so far.

I intend to watch it very closely when going through him in the future.

Thanks for all the comiserations. I'll get over it. If he debuffed me it would explain why the hitpoints went so fast all of a sudden.

The build works great, I'm really happy with it. So I'm sticking with her anyway.

• 2 weeks later...

argh! second death!

I'm still in Gold, level 59, Seraphim Island. there's a quest where you get teleported to an arena to fight demons.

3rd wave of demons I died somehow. I was spamming potions and it didn't help. were the first potions I had to drink in Gold...

I was so piffed off, I put the game down for the rest of the evening. Will pick it up again another day.

Good to hear your Elf is coming along nicely, Dordledum! (save for a couple of speedbumps...)

Nimrod :) - he reflects ;) He's and inquisitor that casts Reverse Polarity. If you were Coup-ing with shurikens, you most certainly killed yourself. Melee, I'm not so sure he always has the cc reflect mod on his RP, can't remember exactly.

Demons! quest is actually the hardest quest in the game (IMO), from a Hardcore point of view. Only the most borken toons I've had have not had to use thier god-power to survive the 3rd wave without getting killed.... If I don't want to lose my SB, I don't do that quest.