Shadow warrior: sword, hafted or duel wield

Tirrus

Hey everyone, I'm fairly new to darkmatters although I have looked at a few builds all of which were amazing

Anyway I'm currently following Stephane's astral malevolent champion build (great build) though I'm using skills at differents times. one of the skills used is duel wielding, I am just wondering what kind of combat style is the best to use and what weapons are best to use to. I can see why duel wielding is good with it's high double hit chance and quick attacks but I personally like to kill whatever I see, when I see it, with the biggest weapon I can find, but I just can't decide. I love 2h swords but I don't know if thats a decent choice for the build or if so what sword would I use. any help is appriciated.

Thanks and keep up the awsome builds.

Hey everyone, I'm fairly new to darkmatters although I have looked at a few builds all of which were amazing

Anyway I'm currently following Stephane's astral malevolent champion build (great build) though I'm using skills at differents times. one of the skills used is duel wielding, I am just wondering what kind of combat style is the best to use and what weapons are best to use to. I can see why duel wielding is good with it's high double hit chance and quick attacks but I personally like to kill whatever I see, when I see it, with the biggest weapon I can find, but I just can't decide. I love 2h swords but I don't know if thats a decent choice for the build or if so what sword would I use. any help is appriciated.

There isn't a best combat style. They all get the job done. You'll have to forgive me but I am not familiar with Stephane's build, but I gather that frenzied rampage would be one of the main combat arts. I'll try to run through some things I do know. Dual wield is great with frenzied rampage because you get many strikes whereas two handed swords the hits are harder and you hope to drop things with each contact. Hmmm dual wield gets a lot more sockets which is a big difference. And a ton of one handed weapons drop whereas two handed swords are going to be rare. That's the basic advantage of dual wield and I conclude it is stronger. I haven't been noticing two handed swords much but I don't know of an awesome one. As a counterpoint in favor of 2H swords they can spawn with %LL which is hands down the best way to kill a boss. There aren't any non-legendary one hand weapons with %LL. Regarding double hits unfortunately they only work on left click attacks.

Dual wield=lots of sockets. The damage of two weapons and the attack speed will equal or surpass the killing effectiveness of any two-hander, plus you've got the extra sockets. Also, you can mix and match a large number of unique and legendary swords, hafted weapons, or even staves, if that suits you.

On the other hand, Shadow Warrior is the only character who can use two handed hafted weapons, and there are some powerful ones out there. The mods unlocked by hafted weapons skill and mastery are good too, like disregard armor, deadly wounds, and deep wounds.

Two handed swords, meh, not so much. I probably hold them in the lowest regard of all weapons in Sacred 2. But still, they're not bad or "wrong" for any build. Do what suits you.

About killing quickly, my main Shadow Warrior wields only a one-handed hafted weapon w/ shield, and using frenzied rampage, every enemy dies with one "bonk!"

There isn't a best combat style. They all get the job done. You'll have to forgive me but I am not familiar with Stephane's build, but I gather that frenzied rampage would be one of the main combat arts. I'll try to run through some things I do know. Dual wield is great with frenzied rampage because you get many strikes whereas two handed swords the hits are harder and you hope to drop things with each contact. Hmmm dual wield gets a lot more sockets which is a big difference. And a ton of one handed weapons drop whereas two handed swords are going to be rare. That's the basic advantage of dual wield and I conclude it is stronger. I haven't been noticing two handed swords much but I don't know of an awesome one. As a counterpoint in favor of 2H swords they can spawn with %LL which is hands down the best way to kill a boss. There aren't any non-legendary one hand weapons with %LL. Regarding double hits unfortunately they only work on left click attacks.

Thanks for the info I can see what you mean, as hard as 2h hits are currently I'm having issues getting the hits to connect missing around half my hits, maybe even more. I'll go with dual wield I guess since it makes more sense for the build. now all I have to do is find a decent 1h weapon at my epic level of 31. anyway thanks again I should probs start looking at my own builds and for to find legendary items and shopping, etc... dear lord I know nothing about this game :(

Dual wield=lots of sockets. The damage of two weapons and the attack speed will equal or surpass the killing effectiveness of any two-hander, plus you've got the extra sockets. Also, you can mix and match a large number of unique and legendary swords, hafted weapons, or even staves, if that suits you.

On the other hand, Shadow Warrior is the only character who can use two handed hafted weapons, and there are some powerful ones out there. The mods unlocked by hafted weapons skill and mastery are good too, like disregard armor, deadly wounds, and deep wounds.

Two handed swords, meh, not so much. I probably hold them in the lowest regard of all weapons in Sacred 2. But still, they're not bad or "wrong" for any build. Do what suits you.

About killing quickly, my main Shadow Warrior wields only a one-handed hafted weapon w/ shield, and using frenzied rampage, every enemy dies with one "bonk!"

shame really 2h swords are my fav even have a personal collection of my own, I expect I'll end up with dual wield when I find some decent 1h weapons because 2h seem to have a difficult time connecting with hits during some fights. thanks for info though, now all I need is to learn how to do everything else in the game...mainly leveling fast, only 2 achievements left to reach plat and niob...curse my short attention span for characters.

Welcome aboard!

There sure is a lot to digest, I know. When I first started Sacred 2 on ps3, I played for weeks with my laptop out, tuned to darkmatters, SIF and the wiki.

For pure power, it is hard to beat DW, which is why so many builds use it. 2H swords do offer LL%, which will melt bosses like butter, but that modifier is not as helpful against mobs.

Like claudius said, they all get the job done bro.

It all depends on what you like to do.

2h weapons hit very hard, but less often.

dual wield hits more often, but not as hard per hit

1h and shield has more defense, and hit almost as quickly as dual, but does less damage per second (generally).

then of course there are spell casters who hit many things at once too, as well as single targets

Different kinds of defensive strategies as well.

Some like tanks, some like invisible, some like 'best defense is strong offense'.

Astral as far as I am concerned is a cool way to start, and is more finesse than say a wraithking dual wield build or lochnar's loner axe fiend build, less involved with equipment than say furian's build.

Go as far with stephane's build as keeps you innerested. If that's all the way, cool. If not, switch to something else

Along the way, you'll find what you like best.

Then of course, you'll prolly have your own unique build style as you go, and then will write your own guide for us to follow :)

Welcome to the board bro. You found the right place.

thanks for replys guys very helpful, must admit I've had this game for ages but never considered myself good enough at it to play to much. I've gone (or going with) dual on this one since I rarely use it. my style for playing...my friends say its odd because I fight with the tactics of stealth characters (invisability, silent, being out of sight, etc...) yet I always fight with brutal amounts of strength (the largest weapon I can find and as much damage in single hit as I can possibly get) :viking: thanks though, I'm still confused as to how some of you end up at like level 80 in niob on shopper characters :blink: