My Shadow Warrior build problem

Tirrus

Hello again everyone,

despite my recent posts regarding an amazing build by stephane (astral malevolent champion) I've learnt a few things about the game and reached niob at level 65 using that build (1000g on xbox finally :yay: ) at any rate I feel I've made a bit of a mess of it and although I like the build I'm now trying to make my own based around the aspects of multiple astral lord builds, remaining hidden most of the time but relying more on my characters personal damage since I found more often than not I was fighting bosses 1 vs 1 to stop myself getting destroyed by Area of Effect's (it's happened 3 times... it will happen again :twitch: ).

Anyway on to the matter I'm trying to fit blacksmithing and E.P into the build which I think I can do looking at my options but problem is one I've brought up before, what weapon to choose? I'm currently stuck between the choice of hafted or dual wield. by personal prefference and the kind of build I wanted to make I wanted large hits mainly spectral hand as my main CA and frenzied rampage as secondary. however, on the terms I wanted this build to also get the best out of both blacksmithing and E.P dual wield seems the better option since it provides more slots for +items and would make frenzied rampage more viable as the main CA with spectral hand as secondary.

I'd just like to see what everyone else thinks first. I do have a plan (kinda) for the build but atm it's still early days so anything is apprecitated.

Keep up the good work guys :thumbsup:

Blacksmithing skill was never implemented on the consoles and does absolutely nothing. You can take the skill, but there is no way to actually use it.

hm seems a bit of a shame and blessing since I don't need to bother with it now, frees up an extra slot for damage improvemnt or a survival skill :paladin:

Hm would appear I need either riding, blacksmithing or divine devotion to unlock E.P on SW. any ideas on which to use anyone or would a different kind of character be better for item hunting? I expect seraphim or something would be better but no idea how to set one of em up. curse my lust as a collector of weapons :blowup:

btw to anyone reading the SW is level 5 atm so no loss if I have to use something else if anyone has ideas?

EP as a secondary skill on the SW... so since you're on console (Blacksmithing doesn't work) you should pick either Divine Devotion or Riding. 8) Either, really but I like riding if this is the summoner you want to level in the swamps... using the movespeed of the hellhound is fun when your army has pretty much obliterated the screen and you need fresh enemies for your XP addiction... and the bonus is that your army will teleport to you when you move far enough away, so no need to wait fo them to catch up!

As to weapon - 2H hafted! But you do not need hafted lore with Spectral Hand (at all) as the Astral Lord Lore skill actually determines the speed at which that combat art fires at. Ruthless Mutilation uses your attack speed to determine animation time, which is affected by Hafted, but is still not really necessary (even with a 2H weapon). There's a crapload of attack speed out there, it can be capped with just one item in the lategame.

please note carefully used wording ;)

EP as a secondary skill on the SW... so since you're on console (Blacksmithing doesn't work) you should pick either Divine Devotion or Riding. 8) Either, really but I like riding if this is the summoner you want to level in the swamps... using the movespeed of the hellhound is fun when your army has pretty much obliterated the screen and you need fresh enemies for your XP addiction... and the bonus is that your army will teleport to you when you move far enough away, so no need to wait fo them to catch up!

As to weapon - 2H hafted! But you do not need hafted lore with Spectral Hand (at all) as the Astral Lord Lore skill actually determines the speed at which that combat art fires at. Ruthless Mutilation uses your attack speed to determine animation time, which is affected by Hafted, but is still not really necessary (even with a 2H weapon). There's a crapload of attack speed out there, it can be capped with just one item in the lategame.

please note carefully used wording ;)

hm nice to know, I didn't think much of riding since I've normally been destroyed while riding but then again I never really tried much in my early days on this game. as for weapons some nice information plus I love 2h weapons be it axes, swords, hammers and spears (<- only if this lost one is a damn good spear) fits my playstyle of 'normally' charging in headfirst with the largest weapon I can find :viking: . at any rate thanks I'm tryin to...manipulate I guess my other sw build I've got into something similar to this since he's already at level 67 in niob. I like minions alot but I feel personal combat is more important at times. definatly if you don't want to be ripped a new one by Area of Effect's with this build.

thanks for the reply