Where is/are the most heavily populated mob areas?

hello everyone

very simply question really, where is/are the most heavily populated mob areas?

I'm playing atm a level 65 astral lore warrior on niob difficulty :viking: (though I'll drop probs to plat or gold for leveling) and I'm looking for different ways to level up, now firstly I know the orc cave method is good but I find it so boring. I still have one mod left to get for rallied souls but I wondered at leading an 'army' through dense enemy areas out of both fun and interest to see if that 30% (or something like that) infection chance is worth anything. I have a rough idea that the jungle and swamps are decent but don't know anything in much detail. I have noticed before aswell that some powerful Area of Effect classes make short work of crowded areas I simply wonder if a 'lich' or 'necromancer' type I guess it would be are able to do well to.

if anyone has ideas on locations or has tried this before with a SW I'd appreciate the help

thanks and keep up the good work :thumbsup:

hello everyone

I'm playing atm a level 65 astral lore warrior on niob difficulty :viking: (though I'll drop probs to plat or gold for leveling) and I'm looking for different ways to level up, now firstly I know the orc cave method is good but I find it so boring. I still have one mod left to get for rallied souls but I wondered at leading an 'army' through dense enemy areas out of both fun and interest to see if that 30% (or something like that) infection chance is worth anything. I have a rough idea that the jungle and swamps are decent but don't know anything in much detail. I have noticed before aswell that some powerful Area of Effect classes make short work of crowded areas I simply wonder if a 'lich' or 'necromancer' type I guess it would be are able to do well to.

if anyone has ideas on locations or has tried this before with a SW I'd appreciate the help

I'll say "without question" the best place that you are describing is the South-East corner of the Swamp area. You must've lit up the archway at Lizurath, so that's where you start... Platinum should do if you "cannot" do it (fast) in Niob. As long as you're encountering werewolves, olms, and spiders, those are the highest-spawn enemies. Also, depending on your killspeed, you may not have to quit and restart every time you clear that corner.... the respawn rate is quite high, so often the areas you started in will be repopulated by the time you finish a loop... or kill the dragon ;)

hello everyone

I'll say "without question" the best place that you are describing is the South-East corner of the Swamp area. You must've lit up the archway at Lizurath, so that's where you start... Platinum should do if you "cannot" do it (fast) in Niob. As long as you're encountering werewolves, olms, and spiders, those are the highest-spawn enemies. Also, depending on your killspeed, you may not have to quit and restart every time you clear that corner.... the respawn rate is quite high, so often the areas you started in will be repopulated by the time you finish a loop... or kill the dragon ;)

kk thanks, I was there earlier. seemed decent on gold but still a bit slow and that poison is annoying to at times, still good to know I always thought the jungle was better but eh I guess. plus killing a dragon is always nice :devil:

thanks for reply

Agreed, swamp is amazing. It was almost too easy pre- Ice and blood, a lot of the monsters there weren't up to snuff, and a ton of equipment the devs had put into the game weren't being used by anyone. As a result of this, uber leveling was achievable in the swamps... and along came ice and Blood.. Hola

All of a sudden spider venom could suck out our health points vaster than stepping into a vat of acid, and being webbed by a number of them that could ambush you, while their ticks of their venom chew out massive blocks your hp, the panic sets in.

This huge revamp of the swamp area led to new player strategies... all hail the requisite anti dot gear...stuff that could neutralize dots but at a huge cost of our kill speed.... unless you had a bargaining network in place of course, and could shop competively.

I found myself in later builds speccing for the swamp, feeling that if I could build for that area, and construct Combat Arts into the build that would help take out the enemies I was targeting as planned, the leveling would go well.

Good luck!

:)

gogo

Agreed, swamp is amazing. It was almost too easy pre- Ice and blood, a lot of the monsters there weren't up to snuff, and a ton of equipment the devs had put into the game weren't being used by anyone. As a result of this, uber leveling was achievable in the swamps... and along came ice and Blood.. Hola

All of a sudden spider venom could suck out our health points vaster than stepping into a vat of acid, and being webbed by a number of them that could ambush you, while their ticks of their venom chew out massive blocks your hp, the panic sets in.

This huge revamp of the swamp area led to new player strategies... all hail the requisite anti dot gear...stuff that could neutralize dots but at a huge cost of our kill speed.... unless you had a bargaining network in place of course, and could shop competively.

I found myself in later builds speccing for the swamp, feeling that if I could build for that area, and construct Combat Arts into the build that would help take out the enemies I was targeting as planned, the leveling would go well.

Good luck!

gogo

Wow, ice and blood sounds nasty (all the more reason to want it...damn xbox) though it seems swamp is good but I may have to gear for it though since my current stuff gives 45% increase to xp and a 34% chances to find valuables (I think its not bad for a character with no E.P skill) but although I like find maybe 5 3 star items everytime I move around I'd much preffer fast leveling to get either cheaper blacksmithing in place for later levels or just to make some money for other characters, while leaving shopping to a build that can do it and rare hunting to build designed for it.

thanks for help

p.s. what would be a decent shopper levels I looked at your guide about the networks and noticed around level 5, 45 or so, 100 or so and 140. how come no level 200s?

Based on my ps3 tests using a Niob DW Seraphim, the Orc Cave was the best place for XP, and the SE Swamp and Jungle run were tied for second. To get the most out of the Orc Cave, you have to be able to clear it quickly, or else you are better off on one of the other places. Also the Orc Cave gets painfully monotonous and my game crashed there too much.

FYI-

http://darkmatters.org/forums/index.php?/topic/17596-best-place-to-level-console/

Based on my ps3 tests using a Niob DW Seraphim, the Orc Cave was the best place for XP, and the SE Swamp and Jungle run were tied for second. To get the most out of the Orc Cave, you have to be able to clear it quickly, or else you are better off on one of the other places. Also the Orc Cave gets painfully monotonous and my game crashed there too much.

FYI-

http://darkmatters.org/forums/index.php?/topic/17596-best-place-to-level-console/

Thanks lujate, I think I looked at a post like that...or that one. my SW kills the orcs decently on Gold difficulty so long as my skeleies are pulling their weight to which doesn't seem to happen since normally 1 just won't fight, plus I find the cave boring as hell after a few runs. I'd like to have the last mod atleast in rallied souls to see if it will create an army in packed areas.

at any rate thanks, we'll see how it goes. I dunno if theres a name for but I struggle to play any character for a long time. I'm surprised I've only got 2 atm normally I have 5 or 6 and still be making more :blink:

Oh, that's right you're playing on X-Box. Whew. I thought everyone was sending you blindly into a death-trap, telling you to go to the south-east swamp in Niobium with a level 65 character. You do NOT mess with spitting spiders with the expansion installed. They are the most brutal mobs to encounter with their poison spit.

Edited by Flix

You do NOT mess with spitting spiders with the expansion installed. They are the most brutal mobs to encounter with their poison spit.

I remember when Ice and blood came out, thinking that it was absolutely too hard, that the devs had made a mistake...Chrona and Schot started posting info on the best neutralizing items, some were absolute blocks, but don't stack when socketed and the others were only "chance to" ...

Weaving spiders ... ! :oooo:

Weaving Spider

-. IN-WeavingSpider-Stats.jpg -.

-. th_IN-WeavingSpider.jpg -.

Damage Types:

Weakest Against:

Region: The Swamp

-. IN-WeavingSpider-Champ-Stats.jpg -.

-. th_IN-WeavingSpider-Champ.jpg -.

Damage Types:

Weakest Against:

run!!

forrest_gump_running_alabama_jenny.jpg

:o

gogo

You do NOT mess with spitting spiders with the expansion installed. They are the most brutal mobs to encounter with their poison spit.

I remember when Ice and blood came out, thinking that it was absolutely too hard, that the devs had made a mistake...Chrona and Schot started posting info on the best neutralizing items, some were absolute blocks, but don't stack when socketed and the others were only "chance to" ...

Weaving spiders ... ! :oooo:

Weaving Spider

-. IN-WeavingSpider-Stats.jpg -.

-. th_IN-WeavingSpider.jpg -.

Damage Types:

Weakest Against:

-. IN-WeavingSpider-Champ-Stats.jpg -.

-. th_IN-WeavingSpider-Champ.jpg -.

Damage Types:

Weakest Against:

run!

forrest_gump_running_alabama_jenny.jpg

:o

gogo

Wow that is horrible and I hate the current ones :twitch:

still looks like ice and blood despite being filled with hatered towards players made the game alot more fun (sucks it ain't on xbox) is ice and blood also the cause for the other areas on sacred map in wiki I I can;t get to on xbox or are they other things

thanks though such a shame ice and blood never came to xbox and ps :(

If I unnerstand right, the XBox/PS version is akin to version 2.34, although an earlier version.

Is this correct?

Cause where I leveled in 2.41 and prior was the wasteland run. Right before the guardian cave.

The demon mages that are bugged in current PC versions were not so much then, and the drops and XP were better than anywhere else, specially for uniques.

I got bored to death in that little cave, so couldn't hang more than a coupla levels per difficulty.

This applies of course to more melee centric toons that I play primarily of course, as a decent Area of Effect character can pull much better XP elsewhere.

What I would do most of the time is finish a level of difficulty, then run 50/50 in new difficulty/wasteland runs (w Blue Pots pumping) for about five levels, then focus on the next campaign, because by that time the XP for that difficulty was picking up and there were better drops.

The gronkors cave quest - where the ogre shamans summon undead, can get alot of nice jewlery.

That's interesting... this particular quest for jewelry? hmm, yer making me think of a guide... could it be something like spirit farming by Schot or something? I remember him or someone else bringing this up as a way to farm jewelry.

gogo

The gronkors cave quest - where the ogre shamans summon undead, can get alot of nice jewlery.

That's interesting... this particular quest for jewelry? hmm, yer making me think of a guide... could it be something like spirit farming by Schot or something? I remember him or someone else bringing this up as a way to farm jewelry.

gogo

http://darkmatters.org/forums/index.php?/topic/12873-farmer-schots-spirit-farming-guide/

I never really went there for the quests lol

Good area to replace the grind of the orc cave. It gave you alot of potions too along with ice crystals.

gogo

An even better way to get nice jewellery is from the constructs in the blood forest, all they can drop is gold, relics, jewellery and the damage converters. Round up a mob there and go whack! I might add that to shots thread incase any read it.(Upon reading said thread it's a;ready in there :) )

• 4 weeks later...