What are Sacred 2 Utility Builds?

hello everyone,

simple question from a stupid person, what are utility builds? I see talk of them in most posts on forums but don't fully understand them they just seem to be linked with bosses and fast leveling from what I see (yes I'm a very SIMPLE person :nono: )

thanks and keep up the good work.

hello everyone,

simple question from a stupid person, what are utility builds? I see talk of them in most posts on forums but don't fully understand them they just seem to be linked with bosses and fast leveling from what I see (yes I'm a very SIMPLE person :nono: )

I suppose in the heyday... peeps didn't typically put the General skills on their toons. Playing closednet Hardcore necessitated using all the skill slots without "gimping" a toon with a skill that did not directly affect combat per se.... so having a toon that not only took but maxxed skills like Bargaining, EP, Blacksmithing that can support other toons was called a utility toon.

Simple!

hello everyone,

I suppose in the heyday... peeps didn't typically put the General skills on their toons. Playing closednet Hardcore necessitated using all the skill slots without "gimping" a toon with a skill that did not directly affect combat per se.... so having a toon that not only took but maxxed skills like Bargaining, EP, Blacksmithing that can support other toons was called a utility toon.

Simple!

Hm understandable, but they are talked about alot in quick leveling is that down to the individual playing or are the builds really quite strong in combat aswell as being useful for shopping and rare hunting or is it a bit of both?

thanks for the reply though :D

Hi Tirrus

If I were to give my own version of a utiliity build, I'd peg it as one of the trader/smiths in my bargaining network. With the concept of bargaining network you are only speccing minimum needed to get the toon up to the selected level, no need for it to powerful, but you want to make sure you it's able to be maxed for shopping or smithing.

With a Temple Guardian, you can have both at once, but it's going to be tougher to get that to higher levels in HC unless you're patient and very very careful. There's a topic somewhere around here with best levels to leave your toon at to complete part of your trading network...I think my first one was around level forty something, then next at seventy something, and then above that around 100 or a bit higher?

For HC, having a network like this is amazing...it means you don't have to be so careful with balancing all your sockets, and can choose not to socket any EP or utility skills...with a bargaining/smith network in place, you bascially win yourself an extra skill choice for free...more damage!

:viking:

gogo

Wow, thanks gogo. just wondered about them since alot of people talked about them with high leveling abilities. maybe those were Bosskillers or a combo of both utility and bosskilling abilities... :sigh: so many possabilities in this game I find it hard to know whats what for builds. oh well I'm wondering about the bugged blacksmithing though since all it says on xbox that I can see as doing anything is lowering the costs of blacksmithing.

oh well thanks for help I'll understand something some day ;)

P.S. is it bosskillers that are quick then or boss/utility (if there are any)?

as for maxing out shoppers and rare hunters would it be 75 points to get mastery and

then buff with armour and relics or get 200 max?

Edited by Tirrus

Wow, thanks gogo. just wondered about them since alot of people talked about them with high leveling abilities. maybe those were Bosskillers or a combo of both utility and bosskilling abilities... :sigh: so many possabilities in this game I find it hard to know whats what for builds. oh well I'm wondering about the bugged blacksmithing though since all it says on xbox that I can see as doing anything is lowering the costs of blacksmithing.

as for maxing out shoppers and rare hunters would it be 75 points to get mastery and

They can have be leveled up highly, but it depends what they are for. A blacksmith you would want to get as high as possible to get the blacksmith skill to give you the best socketing possible (pointless on console which is broken as you noted), whereas a shopper can only buy gear at the level it is at meaning a network of shoppers at various levels is useful. How fast they level depends on what build you follow though, something that wipes huge mobs in a single cast will level faster than the poor dude who melee's and kills one by one. Boss killers can definitely be quick to level up though and can be used successfully as a shopper or blacksmith (I wouldn't really consider an EP toon) to. If all you do is run the guardians again and again and again you get great drops, you can tailor your build very specifically for one thing only and the experience they give will always be very good.

They can have be leveled up highly, but it depends what they are for. A blacksmith you would want to get as high as possible to get the blacksmith skill to give you the best socketing possible (pointless on console which is broken as you noted), whereas a shopper can only buy gear at the level it is at meaning a network of shoppers at various levels is useful. How fast they level depends on what build you follow though, something that wipes huge mobs in a single cast will level faster than the poor dude who melee's and kills one by one. Boss killers can definitely be quick to level up though and can be used successfully as a shopper or blacksmith (I wouldn't really consider an EP toon) to. If all you do is run the guardians again and again and again you get great drops, you can tailor your build very specifically for one thing only and the experience they give will always be very good.

cool thanks for info, I know very little about setting up either Area of Effect builds or bosskillers annoyingly, currently working to shopper network up and a high level blacksmith (as much as its bugged there still seems to be some reduced cost for my blacksmithing, makes it nice not having to pay out bank to socket items). at any rate is E.P really not worth it? I thought it may have done somthing nice plus I like to collect as many rare weapons and armours as I can find. I dunno I'm guessing since I seem to have terrible luck for finding really nice items in any game I play.

which reminds and sorry to anyone if my constant questions get irritating whats the best boss to farm? I hear the griffon is decent for lower levels but the guardians seem to be the most used, guessing thats down the point its basicly 4 bosses in one and the end boss to?

thanks for reply though :thumbsup:

Sorry, when I said I wouldn't consider an EP toon, I meant I wouldn't consider them as a utility toon. EP itself can be useful if you are hunting for uniques/legendaries. As to setting up your builds, there are plenty of guides here that you can read through and get a feel for useful modifiers to socket and the like.

Best boss, definitely guardians, like you said, four in one (or 5 if you kill the egg, which is pointless on console since you can't get the drops). But, if its a new toon, I wouldn't try killing the guardians until you've killed a few other bosses comfortably enough or are certain about the effectiveness of your build.

Sorry, when I said I wouldn't consider an EP toon, I meant I wouldn't consider them as a utility toon. EP itself can be useful if you are hunting for uniques/legendaries. As to setting up your builds, there are plenty of guides here that you can read through and get a feel for useful modifiers to socket and the like.

Best boss, definitely guardians, like you said, four in one (or 5 if you kill the egg, which is pointless on console since you can't get the drops). But, if its a new toon, I wouldn't try killing the guardians until you've killed a few other bosses comfortably enough or are certain about the effectiveness of your build.

Thanks for the help :thumbsup: I would probs still make an E.P, blacksmith and shoppers separate since I find it really difficult to balance skills in games and normally end up solid in one way and weak in every other its a prob I really should fix. at any rate I'll start looking into solid bosskiller builds and begin practicing see if I can get away with bargaining or e.p. I'll look around forums first to get an idea. thanks for all the info and help great people on the forum.

now then I must learn to overcome my urge to restart a character every 10 mins this will be difficult :twitch:

which reminds and sorry to anyone if my constant questions get irritating

Keep up with the questions, Tirrus You're keeping our community on it's toes. We're the sacred fansite cuz this is our game!

:)

gogo

which reminds and sorry to anyone if my constant questions get irritating

Keep up with the questions, Tirrus You're keeping our community on it's toes. We're the sacred fansite cuz this is our game!

gogo

yay lol :yay:

nice to be in forums with such nice members. :bow:

We've never been known to eat a member

Just poutine

256px-OriginalPoutineLaBanquise.jpg

gogo

haha looks nice, I always used to look at darkmatters when I first started the game, its odd now being part of it but funny looking at the like 4 month separations in my achievements where I got annoyed with not progressing :sigh: