Dislodged Spirit with Clustering Maelstrom

kavlor

Is this worth even doing.Dislodged spirit with Gelidity,Torture and Wildfire.Basically the enemy takes DoT when he dies he explodes and by using CM at the right time it pulls enemies into the explosion range.Thing is it seems an interesting way of killing enemies but if you mod CM with Gash (Adds bleeding damage) would that be more effective.

Wildfire - If an opponent dies while his soul is being held, the soul will explode and inflict minor area damage. (70 + 35 per CA level damage (+damage modifiers) (damage type?))

compared to

Gash - Adds bleeding damage (damage over time). (42 + 21 per Combat Art level physical damage over time (+damage modifiers))

Of course you have to take into account CM will have a bigger range if I don't go for Gash.

I could even use Eruptive Desecration to finish off any remainder enemies.

Could be viable, for a caster I suppose... but then you need all the debuffing power of DS you can get for bossfights... so it pulls your modding of DS in different directions. CM + Thrust or LA is the go-to combo for caster-Inquisitor's.

As a hybrid, CM + Rutless Mutilation is somewhat better, considering that with RM, you can get RpH (among other effects...).

If you're just looking for something different, it's just fine. If you try hard enough, DS with wildfire can do great Area of Effect just on it's own!

ED is too random to be dependable. Laughably, about half the time, it will asplode a corpse that isn't in range of any of the CM survivors... like one behind you or somesuch BS.

But IMO you always want both range mods on CM.