15 pounds and 50 dollars later ... Montreal Poutine!

Did another try to do a localized poutine replacement:

Beef added as minced meat with some vegs and spices (onion, tomato, ...)

Pork added as boar bacon

Cheese as a sauce made from overripe (SMELLY) selfmade Handcheese, contrast to tasty boar

french fries

and as a BBQ sauce : fat releasing from lard pieces till pieces are cross, used lard fat to roast onions onions, added some verjuice and flour

Idea was based on this german recipe: http://www.kochbar.de/rezepte/hackfleischrolle.html

Form a bed with bacon

rezept-hackfleischrolle-sorpresa-der-rollbraten-haelt-im-inneren-eine-ueberraschung-bereit-und-er-ist-sehr-lecker-bild-nr-5.jpg

rezept-hackfleischrolle-sorpresa-der-rollbraten-haelt-im-inneren-eine-ueberraschung-bereit-und-er-ist-sehr-lecker-bild-nr-6.jpg

layer minced meat

rezept-hackfleischrolle-sorpresa-der-rollbraten-haelt-im-inneren-eine-ueberraschung-bereit-und-er-ist-sehr-lecker-bild-nr-7.jpg

layer cheese

rezept-hackfleischrolle-sorpresa-der-rollbraten-haelt-im-inneren-eine-ueberraschung-bereit-und-er-ist-sehr-lecker-bild-nr-9.jpg

layer miced meat and a final bacon layer

rezept-hackfleischrolle-sorpresa-der-rollbraten-haelt-im-inneren-eine-ueberraschung-bereit-und-er-ist-sehr-lecker-bild-nr-10.jpg

yummy

rezept-hackfleischrolle-sorpresa-der-rollbraten-haelt-im-inneren-eine-ueberraschung-bereit-und-er-ist-sehr-lecker-bild-nr-2.jpg

Imagine the french fries and the lard/onion sauce added

Used up overipe and smelly hand cheese (kids told me to remove to eat it or throw it away), cut away beef pieces from doing roulades, a not so fine self made boar bacon (was too fast dried and better be used in a pan than raw on bread), needed onion scales for easter and lard hide for easter... So nothing to loose and all to win... Worked better than expected.

Onion scales give a nice natural brown colour for easter eggs, looks like marble if layed in an anthill (anthill at easter is family tradition) :) After being coloured (and marblelized) the eggs are rubbed with the lard-hide to make it shiny and close pores. Eggs can do 5 weeks uneaten this way.

omgod, that's awesome Chattius, good job on this! I was sold when you had all that bacon draped across the bottom of the pan

How much exercise do we need to burn off something like this huh ^^

:)

gogo

• 5 months later...

I'd say yes, although I didn't get to see how it was prepared. Here's another poutine with pork and hot sausage in it:

img015yg.th.jpg

Max

evol Max... making me hungry.

On a somewhat related note, according to *some* survey, ~ 60% of people classified poutine as a "vegtable"... I don't know the context of the question asked, but it did give me a chuckle as I caught that little bit of infos.

I suppose if you think about that last dish Max posted, it has all the food groups covered... meat, vegtables, grains (gravy), and milk (cheese). Put it all together, and it goes into the 5th food group: Junk Food :P