At every end ...... there is a NEW beginning

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Tornado, thanks for the info update!

I'm running off to work, wish I had more time to put up some comments, but I wanted to also post links to the German Sacred Forum where a few posts with some commentary has already gone up for our fans here to follow:

Zu wenig Infos - zu viele Fragen

Neuigkeiten zu Sacred 2 - Server werden abgeschaltet

If we use google translator we can get English Summaries.

:)

gogo

I saw the notice at SIF and got this sick feeling in the pit of my stomach. How long had Sacred 2 been out? If about four years, I would guess they are talking about Closed, but I pray that I am wrong.

Off to Google Translate...

Oh great, just as some of us were getting back into the game :(

Tornado, did anyone from DS contact you or is this just because you read it on the GSF?

I look forward to more news but do wish that they could communicate with us more.

Back from Google Translate, with no definitive answers but more fears.

If the worst comes to pass, we will just have go with Tunngle or something similar. It would not enforce the level playing field like Closed, but it would be better than nothing.

Back from Google Translate, with no definitive answers but more fears.

If the worst comes to pass, we will just have go with Tunngle or something similar. It would not enforce the level playing field like Closed, but it would be better than nothing.

I'm taking that as certain news that closed servers will be gone. Open may stay if the lobby is kept live though. Seeing as the S1 lobby is still up, there is a good chance that the Sacred 2 lobby will stay up. That is just a chance though and TBH the whole lot might close :(

Now I feel the fool having bought a 2nd set.At least I've got to know this time round,I missed out on Sacred 1 and didn't have all my chars exported(did have a 117 seraphim and 88 Daemon exported at least).

I just heard from Dobster.

I'm kinda sad.

I spend all my free time HC Closed now.

You know.........

Maybe they don't feel it a good investment.......

So.......

Maybe we could make a serious HC blitz, and see how that affects stuff.........

Is it absolutely certain that the Closed servers will be shut down? I'd hate to do exports to Single Player(where I spent more of my time for Sacred 2) unless I know for sure.

I've been suprised when I read this news.

Like dobster said, a lot of us got back in the game (myself included), so it will be sad if it shuts down at the end of the month.

Max

Edited by Flooxim

Is it absolutely certain that the Closed servers will be shut down? I'd hate to do exports to Single Player(where I spent more of my time for Sacred 2) unless I know for sure.

The notice was incredibly vague, so at this point I do not think anyone knows for sure. I exported all of my Closed characters tonight just in case, but I did not have an SP chest to worry about overwriting.

Just a little off topic but I got this email.. any other info.. Not that I've been playing... :(

Dear Sacred Fan,

At every end....... there is a NEW beginning!

After four years of free online gaming we have decided to go in a new direction with the Sacred universe.

Because of this, we have to take the server offline at the end of March 2012.

But be rest assured that Sacred will continue! We are extensively working towards a bright future for the series.

Excited? Stay tuned!

Best wishes

Team Sacred

Edited by MageMaster

Let me explain the situation about sacred1 and sacred 2 lobby:

The lobbys from sacred 1 was payed by a lot publisher. Every country have their own lobby and the publisher in this country pay for that. That is the reason why a few lobby in s1 are alive and others dead (german lobby too).

The lobby for sacred 2 won't be payed by region publisher. Only koch media payed for the lobby and closed net server.

The situation is the same as s1 shut down. It's a economic decision, sadly.

Is there possibilities?

For example...would it be possible for someone to run sacred 2 open on their own server?

or...

Could Deep Silver allow players to rent a server like they allowed in original Sacred for HC? I remember Clan DA was renting Sacred servers for about 15 bux a month more than five years ago...would something like this be possible?

:)

gogo

It's a shame that this chapter in Sacred is coming to an end. But I can kind of understand their reasoning. The servers are sparsely populated and probably didn't make too much financial sense to continue hosting them.

That said if we can host our own server I'll pay for the first year of service. I'd hate to see HC play completely disappear before the next installment of the Sacred series is available. As that will be at least a few years away.

If nothing else we need to coordinate a 'going away' party. Kind of like the old 'Kamikaze Sundays'. Get everyone together for one more mega boss hunt. Maybe we can get a few people the 'Group Hug' achievement before they're shut down for good.

Correct lujate, you need a lobby where the servers are registered and the gamer can join it. But without a lobby server you have no chance to find the servers. Or a user made a lobby software, but I think this chance is small to make a lobby software for sacred 2 and host it.

The lobby at the monent is not open source and koch media will not give any users this software to host it. The problem is that the lobby software have middleware and is not allowed to give it to the users. It's the same like the source code from sacred 2.

Only way to play in the future is to use tools like hamachi.

But we must wait which servers will be shut down. My personal opinion that the closed net servers will be shut down and the lobby too. But I hope the lobby will be alive.

Correct lujate, you need a lobby where the servers are registered and the gamer can join it. But without a lobby server you have no chance to find the servers. Or a user made a lobby software, but I think this chance is small to make a lobby software for sacred 2 and host it.

The lobby at the monent is not open source and koch media will not give any users this software to host it. The problem is that the lobby software have middleware and is not allowed to give it to the users. It's the same like the source code from sacred 2.

Only way to play in the future is to use tools like hamachi.

But we must wait which servers will be shut down. My personal opinion that the closed net servers will be shut down and the lobby too. But I hope the lobby will be alive.

I read this news also on the italian forum, but it's not really a bad news, I play for a long time with the CM patch and Tunggle...

And then for the dark matters it's a better thing: More people'll use the CM Patch.

On this forum can I post my guide to use tunggle with CM?

Knuckles, I like the idea of a going away party. The 31st is a Saturday. Assuming they pull the plug at the stroke of midnight local time, that would be late afternoon/early evening here North America. Although they might jump the gun and shut it down before midnight. How does the Sunday the 25th sound?

Knuckles, I like the idea of a going away party. The 31st is a Saturday. Assuming they pull the plug at the stroke of midnight local time, that would be late afternoon/early evening here North America. Although they might jump the gun and shut it down before midnight. How does the Sunday the 25th sound?

Let's chose a day, I want to partecipate and I think I can also come with some italians players.

Let's chose a day, I want to partecipate and I think I can also come with some italians players.

I am going to wait for some feedback for Sunday the 25th. My plan is to create a thread here and in the English section at SIF announcing the date and asking everyone to attend and to tell every inactive Sacred 2 player they know.

I like the idea of you posting your CM/Tunngle guide, but I am going to defer a yea/nay judgement to gogo.

I am going to wait for some feedback for Sunday the 25th. My plan is to create a thread here and in the English section at SIF announcing the date and asking everyone to attend and to tell every inactive Sacred 2 player they know.

I like the idea of you posting your CM/Tunngle guide, but I am going to defer a yea/nay judgement to gogo.

I posted it on the italian forum and now it's on the italian wiki... I can translate it for here but I don't want a ban so I wait for the judgement

I'm with Luj in that we probably don't want to make it the last weekend of March. Also maybe hold something on both Saturday and Sunday Hopefully everyone can participate on one of the the days. I'm working weekends again so Saturday is out for me though Sunday afternoon/evening should be good. Unfortunately I'll be too busy to coordinate this so we need someone to take this part over, though I'll lend whatever support I can. Maybe we should start a thread over in the Events forum just to keep this organized?

Both days would probably be a good idea, allow more people to get in on the action. Late afternoon here in North America would be the evening in Europe. I am not sure how formal we want this to be. I have never been in on anything like this. I'd be happy to be head cheerleader but I'm going to need advice on what needs to be done.