Guild Wars 2 Forum Section Changes

Here's an official request for a Guild Wars 2 section on the forums.

I feel that interest for the game is growing everyday, and I think it's time for the game to have its on little place on the forum.

I made plans (inspired by the Guild Wars 1 section) for how I see the subforums, topics and character builds, and I'd like to share them in order to get a subforum made out of everyone's ideas.

Here are the plans :

Guild Wars 2 Subforum

--> Pre-realase media/information

-----Everything that has been shared before the release.

--> Official Game Updates

-----Here are listed the official game updates.

--> Character Builds

-----Share your character builds with the community!

---------->*could have another level for each profession if enough activity*

--> Profession Discussion

-----Discuss the different professions.

---------->*could have another level for each profession if enough activity*

--> Guild Events & Player meetings

-----Here is the place where player can meet.

----------> Guild Events

----------> Player Meetings

--> Trading Post

-----Here is the place to buy or sell various in-game items.

--> Experience Zone

-----Share your game experience, stories, videos and pictures here.

The subforum description in italic is a basic description I made for the purpose of this post. It can be changed to fit the different forum descriptions on the other subforums.

--------------------------------------------------------------

I made some post/topic template to help everyone to not get lost while browsing the topics / posts. I like when everything is written the same way so it's clearer for everyone.

Trading Post Topic Template :

Topics must be created in the following format :

<WTB or WTS> <Item name(s)> <price>

Profession Discussion Topic Template :

<Profession> - <Question or short sentence>

Experience Zone Topic Template :

<Experience, Video, or Pics> - Short Sentence

Character Build Topic Template :

<Build Title> - A <Profession> Build by <Username>

**See below for Build Template**

Note : In the Player Meetings subforum, there could be a pinned topic like in the Sacred 2 subforum where players can post when they are going on the servers.

---------------------------------------------------------------------

Character Build Template :

Character Picture

<Insert picture here>

Description

Little description of the character build (history or small description). Should be no longer than 2 sentences.

Weapon(s) used by this Character

Write the type of weapon used by the Character, not the item name. Off-hand is optional since you can use two-handed weapons.

Primary

Main Hand :

Off-hand (opt.) :

Secondary

Main Hand :

Off-hand (opt.) :

Armor Equipped

Write down the pieces of armor your character uses here and a little explanation about these choices.

**To be developped when more information about the different armor is released**

Healing Skill

Write down the healing skill your character is using and a little explanation about this choice.

Utility Skills

Write down the five utility skills your character is using and a little explanation about these choices.

Elite Skill

Write down the Elite skill your character is using and a little explanation about this choice.

Pets (Ranger Only)

Write down what pets you use with a little explanation.

Traits

Write down what trait lines you decided to pick, how many points you put in, and what traits you pick with a little explanation about these choices.

Use this format :

<Trait Line Name> <Number of points> <Traits picked> <Explanation>

Closing Comments

Write down special comments about your experience with this character, any specific information we need to know before or while playing this character, or any information you may find useful to share with us.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This is what I had to share about the creation of the Guild Wars 2 subforum, hope you enjoyed the read, and that you will contribute to expand this forum section.

Max

Wow, Max this is awesome! You've put a lot of work into this, very detailed! The next thing on my plate is setting up the forums, but I only have two days off today, I'll see if I can get a start into it later this evening, but I do have tuesday wednesday off, and can have this done by then!

:)

gogo

I would perhaps add that you don't get to specific/confining for the build templates. Half the fun in reading a new build is seeing how its formatted.

Otherwise I like your ideas :)

Thanks for your feedback. I'll only suggest players to use this build template. I also agree that when the build is formatted into some kind of story, it is really fun to read.

Max

And Done!

Max, I used a general setup that I think will allow for basic posting sections... I listed all, what I thought were "needs" and then used old sections from guild wars and re did them all. Putting in more forums is easy, if we get a lot of activity, we can certainly build them.

This time around, I used basic titles, but I'm open to all suggestions of making the sub forum titles more specialized... I just used Dragon's Breath pub from old Guild Wars, but if you have titles for the new sections, I can put them in easily, long as they're not xrated!

:lol:

gogo

p.s. We have a Dark Crier section that anyone can post , topic after topic, new updates to the game, to keep the community informed

• Like! 1

IMHO I would just keep it simple for now and then build/expand as needed. From what I've seen at numerous forums is if you over-complicate it with several sub-forums, you'll find only 2-3 get any traffic

This time around, I used basic titles, but I'm open to all suggestions of making the sub forum titles more specialized... I just used Dragon's Breath pub from old Guild Wars, but if you have titles for the new sections, I can put them in easily, long as they're not xrated!

Thanks for your time creating this section. I really appreciate it. :)

There are a few things here and there with the titles/descriptions that you took from the GW 1 forum that don't fit anymore with GW2 :

-The forum "Character and Team Builds". There are no more team builds anymore, so no need for the word "team" yet.

-The forum "Trading Emporium". In the description it says something about Tim's reputation. I don't this part is necessary.

If you could make these small changes, the forum structure would be perfect for now. :)

Max