About free world difficulty settings

Hi,

I just wanted to know if there is anything which would turn off the difficulty setting for the LAN free world.

If I recall correctly, I could set it to silver with my dryad the first time I entered free world, but now clicking the dropdown shows no difficulty to choose from.

Here is a pic of the problem: http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/850/problemvw.png/

I'm running Ice and Blood v2.65.1 with CMP v0130

Best Regards,

BloodyShade

Edited by bloodyshade

Welcome aboard!

I have a faint recollection of reading about this problem but I cannot remember where. I have been a Closed junkie, so I have not done a whole lot with LAN.

How you tried the obvious things like restarting your PC? Does it only affect this one character, or all characters? When did it stop working? Do you remember anything unusual before the problem appeared?

Welcome aboard!

I have a faint recollection of reading about this problem but I cannot remember where. I have been a Closed junkie, so I have not done a whole lot with LAN.

How you tried the obvious things like restarting your PC? Does it only affect this one character, or all characters? When did it stop working? Do you remember anything unusual before the problem appeared?

Thanks lujate,

About your questions, yes I tried a restart, no luck.

It is affecting all chars I have here, nothing really specific to one of them.

It stopped working on my second play. I played the first time, closed the game, some hours later I went to play again and the problem was there.

Nothing unusual as far as I can relate.

Best Regards,

BloodyShade

Can you start a game? If so, in-game press the ESC key. What difficulty does it show on that menu?

Yep, I did that a few times, it's always set to Bronze there :(

Which is the reason I'm concerned about not being able to set it properly.

I could try debugging it, find where the difficulty is set and create a small tool to inject there, but it's alot of work (mostly because I've never checked sacred 2's code) and I thought I might find an easier solution here.

Anyway thanks,

BloodyShade

You might try starting an SP game with one of your characters. Might shake something loose.

Another option would be to run the LAN server in a separate process. Here is a DOS command I posted in another thread to start the server:

s2gs.exe -name=mySacredServer -connmode=lan -diff=silver -mode=hardcore -type=free

Here is the entire thread that talks about all of the parameters:

http://darkmatters.org/forums/index.php?/topic/19231-dedicated-serverpossible/page__fromsearch__1

You might try starting an SP game with one of your characters. Might shake something loose.

Another option would be to run the LAN server in a separate process. Here is a DOS command I posted in another thread to start the server:

s2gs.exe -name=mySacredServer -connmode=lan -diff=silver -mode=hardcore -type=free

Here is the entire thread that talks about all of the parameters:

http://darkmatters.org/forums/index.php?/topic/19231-dedicated-serverpossible/page__fromsearch__1

Started a SP game on silver but still had no luck with free world, the difficulty dropdown is still empty.

I started the dedicated server, it appears on the server list but is grayed out, and so is the join game button, so I can't join it.

Any idea why the join game button would be deactivated on a lan game? (I tried both dedicated and using the -nondedicated arg to test)

EDIT: I tried with silver and bronze difficulties by the way

EDIT2: Found out what the problem seems to be: changing balance.txt to open all difficulties at level 1, I set them back to normal and now it works fine, I guess there are some hardcodes in place somewhere in the game... Thanks for all the help though.

Best Regards,

BloodyShade

Edited by bloodyshade