Guild Wars 2 Pre-Purchase info

Thanks a lot for the links! I just read about them, I've been busy all day.

I'm still wondering which edition I'll buy.

EDIT : Oh and ouch about the minimum requirement of 25GB Hard Drive Disk Space :Just_Cuz_21:

Max

Edited by Flooxim

This is great news guys, good to hear! Yeah, Max, that 25 gig HD space needed is kinda throwing me for a loop :blink:

that middle offering for Digital Deluxe is looking good...this way we get all the ingame goodies being offered?

Too bad about that golem only active for five days for us though

kinda strange

:Just_Cuz_21:

gogo

Yeah 25GB is probably the biggest installation I've encountered! But I'm willing to bet that at least half of that is probably sound files? I don't think downloading this game will be as big as that, since you'd pick the download language, but I imagine that the box sets will have all languages included in the installation?

yeah, that's my take on it too. The statues looks cool and all, but I just look back at a few of the games I've collected. I've kept everything from the Sacred franchise, it means a ton to me, I love going over the boxes and stuffs occassionally to revisit. The Collector's edition I bought for GW came with a SICK ingame miniature, I think the only one that flies in all of the franchise...I have it! :bounce: but other than that, all the stuff that came with it.. I appreciate the time put into it and the beauty, but it's gathering dust.

yeah, the middle edition is looking good, in game extra goodies is the way to go imo

Scleameth, crossing me fingers on the download time and volume, hope this doesn't eat up the longest part of a day or something

:)

gogo

Well, if LOTRO can get away with +-10Gig download (high res) then I imagine GW2 won't be shy to up the ante to around 15 - 20Gig... ? But I'm purchasing the box, no way I'm gonna download and not have bandwidth to play!! :sweating:

• 2 weeks later...

OK, can someone explain the different versions?

Please use either small words or Sacred 2 references (since that is the only modern PC game I know anything about). ;)

OK, can someone explain the different versions?

Please use either small words or Sacred 2 references (since that is the only modern PC game I know anything about). ;)

As in Digital vs Digital Deluxe vs Collectors edition?

All 3 give you access to the beta, access to the game 3 days before physical sales and an ingame item (a ring).

Digital edition has nothing else, only the game itself, Digital deluxe comes with some extra ingame items, and the collectors edition has those ingame items plus the fancy stuff (making of, soundtrack and so on).

Compared to Sacred 2...it would probably like choosing between a version with no extras, a version with the carrier imp and the version that came with the concept art, sound track and so on.

I was looking for an explanation of the items included in the different versions. I guess they do not give any. I found one here: http://m.ign.com/articles/1220643

I have enough trinkets collecting dust, so the top version is out. Comparing the next two versions, I am not sure the middle one is worth the extra $20. The Golem is only good for five days. PvP is not for me, so the Chalice is out. The wolf skill sounds promising. As for the Tome and the Miniature, I have no idea.

Thoughts?

Like a few people said, the physical items from the Collectors Edition are cool, I agree, but they will still be gathering dust (just like those Sacred 2 temporary tattoos that I never used (anyone remember those?).

I've been thinking about the version I'll pick for several days, and I'll pick the Deluxe version with the in-game items. These can always be useful, and I'll feel that I gave more money for a company that makes awesome games.

Max

Like a few people said, the physical items from the Collectors Edition are cool, I agree, but they will still be gathering dust (just like those Sacred 2 temporary tattoos that I never used (anyone remember those?).

Yeah, I still have those floating around in the box the game came with...

oooooo - but unfortunately, as much as I want to support DM, I will be purchasing my box at the store and save my allotted bandwidth for gameplay... :tomato:

The debate of deluxe collectors vs standard edition is nicely answered in this article

...using that extra $70 or so to buy gems than to get a statue and some art prints I’ll never really use...
Edited by Scleameth

I put 'em on the cat

kidding

:P

gogo

p.s. It's Schot's cat anyway :whistle:

You could do that, but you have to shave the cat first and you get scratched up pretty bad doing that. :devil:

oooooo - but unfortunately, as much as I want to support DM, I will be purchasing my box at the store and save my allotted bandwidth for gameplay... :tomato:

The debate of deluxe collectors vs standard edition is nicely answered in this article

...using that extra $70 or so to buy gems than to get a statue and some art prints I’ll never really use...

Thanks for the link. Did I read it right that they will be selling in-game items for real money? :huh: Is that normal?

Did I read it right that they will be selling in-game items for real money? :huh: Is that normal?

Only cosmetic "wearable" items as far as I know, no armour or weapons that will give you an edge over players who don't have a thick wallet. There will be items for sale that give you a little boost, but nothing that can't be accomplished by investing time over money. Players who want to spend real money to buy gems can sell them for gold so that players with lot's of gold but little RL cash, can acquire the same items anyone else can without spending real money. So there's an even playing field, but it might take a little longer to build up you gold stash as opposed to swiping yer credit card.

As I understand, gems will be used to buy your micro-transaction items.

2 things I picked up from this article

1. looks like ArenaNet estimates the game download between 17GB and 20GB, although the author ended up with a total download of 12GB.

2. At least for the Beta testing (and hopefully the final release) there are 5 character slots available.

• 2 weeks later...

The pre-purchase is going to start soon here, and already started somewhere in Europe.

Did you pre-purchase the game?

Max

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks for the link. Did I read it right that they will be selling in-game items for real money? :huh: Is that normal?

They currently in GW1 sell things in game for $$, extra slots, costumes, name changes, character changes, etc...

Edited by Genenut

They currently in GW1 sell things in game for $$, extra slots, costumes, name changes, character changes, etc...

These things will also be sold in-game for gems (which can cost real money, or which you can trade for in-game gold, or can obtain in-game).

Max