So who is going to play Guild Wars 2?

I'll play GW2 for sure!

I have preoredered on the first hour it was possible ;)

I'll join the guild in which I played all my GW1 time but will look for all of you and hope to play together!

I'm pretty sure there is no limit to how many guilds you can join....So you could remain a member with your old guild and join Darkmatters too

Quite true. You only represent one guild at a time, but you can belong to more than one. Even if you are not currently representing our guild, your name and online status will still show up in our guild roster.

What does the guild person who does the adding need to add someone?

Flooxim was the grand poobah this weekend, so I cannot say for certain. I think he just sent an invite and you just had to accept.

• Like! 1

I'll play GW2 for sure!

I have preoredered on the first hour it was possible ;)

I'll join the guild in which I played all my GW1 time but will look for all of you and hope to play together!

Welcome back Immali! Great thing about this game is that we can all be members of different guilds, but "choose" who to represent at singular moments when online... just a matter of switching to play with whomever we can find... another Guild Wars 2 genius idea

:)

gogo

I will be playing gw2 and d3,both are on my shopping list. Like a few others I'm not much of a download game type of person. I like to actually have the manuals and keys be something tangible with a receipt to prove I actuallyh bought it rather than an email that can be lost. Not to mention with 3 of us playing in the house thats ALOT of bandwidth to use, even one at a time will take alot of bandwidth and time to get us all up and running but 3 physical copies makes it go much faster.

Will the boxed version actually contain the game? My understanding is that it will only contain the tiny little installer that will download the whole game.

I will be playing gw2 and d3,both are on my shopping list. Like a few others I'm not much of a download game type of person. I like to actually have the manuals and keys be something tangible with a receipt to prove I actuallyh bought it rather than an email that can be lost. Not to mention with 3 of us playing in the house thats ALOT of bandwidth to use, even one at a time will take alot of bandwidth and time to get us all up and running but 3 physical copies makes it go much faster.

I hear you with the copies, I was so in love boxed stuff too...then just got lazy and sold out with my first download ever with Sacred 2 version for us here... ever since then, I'm kind of Meh-ish about buying stuff like this... regarding the download size, Dawn, the download was pretty big, but brad got it all overnight, then put it on a memory stick then walked it over to my computer, I clicked and instantly started playing.

Genius!

:dance:

Will the boxed version actually contain the game? My understanding is that it will only contain the tiny little installer that will download the whole game.

I was thinking it's that way as well too?

:)

gogo

What does the guild person who does the adding need to add someone?

Flooxim was the grand poobah this weekend, so I cannot say for certain. I think he just sent an invite and you just had to accept.

I confirm, it was as simple as that. I should have taken pics of the Guild Management, everyone would have seen how simple it was.

I understand this can be a lot of bandwith use. The beta was 13 gigabytes. I also like to have physical games with manuals and all that. Guild Wars 2 is the first game I purchased digitally. But my Diablo 3 copy will be physical.

If it's like when I bought Guild Wars 1 GOTY back in 2009, the whole game was on disc. I guess it was the version that was updated until the second "expansion" (Nightfall). When I put the disc in the computer, the installer detected what version I had and modified the files it was installing to make sure I was up-to-date the first time I launched the game. I hope Guild Wars 2 will work similar.

My first time using multi-quote. Woohoo!

Max

I was able to play a wee bit but mostly watched gogo running around with you all. At first I was kinda turned off. It seemed all jumbled with all sorts of stuff popping onto the screen. After a while though everything started to make sense. The Devs have obviously added a tremendous amount of interactivity and once I got a good handle on the controls, and especially the map, I was able to be immersed in the fantastic world they've built. Best moment was watching gogo running through a forest with a bunch of you. The music and environment is quite an achievement. The story telling is pretty good too I found. Can't wait! :D

• Like! 1