So who is going to play Guild Wars 2?

I was just wondering who is going to play GW2...call this an informal survey of sorts....would just like to get an idea of how many of us are going to be around (especially when it 1st comes out)

GW2 or D3, whichever comes out first on the shelf, is the game I will give a chance.

Skyrim is looking wicked sick as well...? Been holding off on a solid purchase. Still have hope in Ancaria.

Call me crazy, I am a loyalist! Which leads me to believe, I may very well be stuck on Sacred 2 or S3 for the next few years.

I remain, :crazy:

I'm in and so is Schot! We're waiting for the download links, and are hungry to play!

Hoping to meet up with as many of the community here as is interested, invites are open happy people!

:viking:

gogo

I'm checking local stores for pre-orders, so I hope to be playing GW2 the moment it's available! :bounce:

Skyrim is looking wicked sick as well...? Been holding off on a solid purchase. Still have hope in Ancaria.

Been playing Skyrim for a while now good game worth the bucks.. nuff said. :sweating:

Skyrim for me was a little too much. It's a very complete game, but I feel like I never was doing the right thing at the right time... Should I explore and level? Should I follow the main quest a little and get a sence of progression? Should I get stuck in crafting, since I don't really seem to get much better gear? Should I grind for gold to get a house to store all my tons and tons of books? When my house was eventually available, should my house keeper stay there, or tag along as backup? Choices, choices, choices - a lot of freedom offered, but dang so many choices! :Just_Cuz_21:

Scleameth, great to hear! I been waiting to play with you online finally in years, great! I played SkyRim briefly at my cousin's place when I was there...but you know, I just felt like I was too alone...I'm really an mp person, I want to feel that while I'm playing I'm also having a good time with friends. Time's so important, making gaming moments count rocks.

:)

gogo

Yeah, I've been waiting a looong time to join up with all of you online as well! So let the countdown begin! We can set up a clan/guild in the mean time? I know one will be allowed multiple guilds, but I'd like DM to be my guild! Who else to share all the cradted goodies with?

We can set up a clan/guild in the mean time? I know one will be allowed multiple guilds, but I'd like DM to be my guild! Who else to share all the cradted goodies with?

Never thought of a "literal" guild. This act would definetly draw my attention. Being a part of the Fellowship, I feel one must follow the vast majority '%' of the Fellowship. Again, I am a loyalist, through & through.

However, I will wait until the hard copy is available. Not much of a "downloadable game version" fan.

I remain, :oooo:

• 2 weeks later...

Awesome guys, it looks like we have a great starting foundation!

I hope more from our community here take a look at this game. It's not expensive, and has a TON of place for creative online group playing and so much content for pure exploration.

Come ye all!

:bounce:

gogo

Are we going to have a DarkMatters guild? Not entirely sure right now what that would actually mean, but with "DarkMatters" in the name, it has to be good, right?

heh, yeah we will...but it wont be a Tier one clan (like sacred) ... but a tier two instead (like we used for guild wars, requiem and some of the other past browser games over few years). This means we wont use all the mechanisms of the sacred clans with voting and all...its very laissez faire, and all done externally here on the forums. Just a bunch of us playing here on this site, game captains choose the members and we won't be D.a.r.k but instead Dark "something" which we can all use. Tier 2 clans here are easier for us to run, take less adminning, and since guild wars and diablo 3 are "vacation games" for us after sacred 2, it's all about fun and easiness^^

gogo

Just to make sure I understand, let me reiterate what I think I read.

There will be an official guild but no real system of government. Admission will be generally open to all upstanding DarkMatters members. We will have a secret handshake and a sense of community, but no real mission beyond having a good time.

Is that about it? Works for me since if DS ever mentions anything concrete about S3, GW2 will be history in a flash.

Tier 2 clans here are easier for us to run, take less adminning, and since guild wars and diablo 3 are "vacation games" for us after sacred 2, it's all about fun and easiness^^

gogo

"vacation games". Love the analogy here.

On vacation, but never gone for too long. Like lujate said earlier. Once S3 is fully realized, I'll drop any game instantly!

I remain, :thumbsup:

lol, vacation...yeah that is kinda strange/weird/ funny huh^^ Sacred's the pride and joy, so for that, we love putting in the blood and sweat. Takes so much time though, so to break it all up, we revert back to just tier 2...SO easy to run, and all fun fun fun...after about a year of that though, we're usually ready to put out again.

gogo

I will grab GW2. SWTOR is keeping my attention a bit now, only about once a week.

Can't wait for either GW2, D3 or Tourchlight 2. Swtor was terrible, cancelled sub already.

is that the old republic, kriv? what is the gameplay or graphics?

gogo

p.s. Kriv, happy to see you're going to part with us... waiting for a new game as well!

Peops from here got me innerested, so of course I gotta check it out.

From the way I read all the trailers and other info, two different experiences from player vs world and player vs player.

Where guild meets and loose organization (at the very least) would be valuable is on the player vs player, massive blue vs green, hold land and position as much as possible scenario.

Since we is world wide, we could provide round the clock coverage, as opposed to those based only in europe, or Asia, or Western Hemisphere.

Tiers wouldn't be as much as the concern from my side as would be the commitment level from clan in such a scenario.

Glad to see you onboard JK. I am not sure exactly what to expect, but if there are enough Sacred-junkies, it will have to be good! :)

:thumbsup:

Any word yet on pre-purchase order directly from DL gamer?

Hard Box of course!

I remain, :oooo:

yay, Jk, sweet if you can join up with us! :cow_white:

Eth, with DLGamer, they only offer downloads, unfortunately, no hard box. However, if you're trying too source out a pre order for hard box, are you able to find this from any of the links at the bottom of the forum here? All of them are connected to us too, or if you can tell me a source where you want to get it at, I can post the link, and then anything you click through from there with us here at FDM will get you your game and help us out like DLGamer does.

itunes.jpg

All About Your Gaming Experience

gamestop.jpg

Books, Magazines, Music ...

amazon.jpg

Low Prices & Fast, Free Delivery

staples.jpg

Passion for books

abebooks.jpg

(UK) Video Games, MP3s, DVDs

playdotcom.jpg

Once you know, you Newegg