Good time to start Ice and Blood?

Hey, I'm just now getting back into Sacred 2 Gold after a LONG hiatus, so I'm wondering, when's a good time to start the Ice and Blood content? Last time on my Seraphim, I tried going right before the final chapter, but I was WAY overleveled for the content. So, when's a good spot to take a break from the main quest and go the Blood Forest and/or Crystal Island?

The few times I tried the Crystal Plane, I went there right after Nor Plat, but technical difficulties kept me from getting too far. The Cursed Forest I consider a great grinding spot and normally go there whenever I just want to grind a little. Keep in mind the main bosses in those areas make the Guardians look like child's play.

I cannot say for certain, as I am of the mind preferance plays a critical role in the decision process.

This I can relay to you as fact. The Crystal Plain is full of inconsistencies. ie: random happenings.

The Blood Forest is also without its own random bugs. Watch out for the "Eyes". They are not to be taken lightly. The Abashi, in my opinion, is hands down the toughest foe in the entire world of Ancaria.

A very close second would be the Crystal Phoenix, in the Crystal Plain. Especially in Plat. - Niob. Both of these Boss's make the entire ordeal of the Guardians look like a Green Horn's dream. One could battle all four Guardian's at once and fair much better!

I remain, :gun2:

So I should not be too embarrassed with my 1-1-1 record against the Abishai? :biggrin:

I spend a lot of time in the Cursed Forest but never run the entire chain quest, just the first part for the XP. The LL% of the Eyes must be respected, but through Platinum I never really have any issue with them. After two WTH deaths, I avoid The Lost Crypt quest, but other than that nothing too unusual in the Forest.

The Crystal Plane has some problems. Here is a thread talking about it: What Causes the One Hit Knock Out in the Crystal Region?

I experienced something similar, but never lost a character to it.

Twice this afternoon, I was fighting along, nothing too heavy and suddenly a red flash and my mount was dead. WTH! I frantically pounded the space bar and F8. I landed at Start Island and my mount is standing there but my avatar is not. HP show 100%, I can pan the camera and go into all the menus, but my character is nowhere to be seen. Restart the game and my character and mount are both there.

So I should not be too embarrassed with my 1-1-1 record against the Abishai? :biggrin:

In my opinion, your 1-1-1 record against the Abishai is impressive.

Against the Abishai, I am 1-6. The fight would be going as planned everytime. Then all the sudden the foul monster casts its 1 hit CA. Sudden Death I think it is called. Seriously, you are there one moment, on the ground growing flowers the next.

This very example happened to me twice while farming with Loco & Furian back in the day.

Anymore, I do not venture into its lair unless I am fully prepaired to loose a certain toon.

I remain, ;)