Omnicide's Thread of Chaos

From the looks of it that would be quite suitable name for the thread. :D

Also, welcome to forums. Late from the start bang, once again...

About the music aspect; I listen mostly progressive metal, and many bands have some symphonic flavours too. Haven't kept an eye of new releases lately, but I'll be sure to give a headsup, if something interesting appears. ^^

well like a champion says in League of Legends that somehow referees to heavy metal

quote from his emotes "Chicks dig my Axe"

Bromarcia!

Yea, this is a pretty big forum (lots of subforums and such), so this will be a lot easier for me to find, lol...

Thanks for the subtitle change, gogo, makes me feel special :)

Ok, for those of you interested, just found this on YouTube; it's a lot like old Nightwish, in fact I believe this is where most of their inspiration comes from.

These guys are from Germany, and this is their newest album with a brand new lead singer.

Xandria "Soulcrusher" (I could see this as being a suitable replacement for the Inquisitor's theme music when he's in battle mode)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Peb9ysvvra4

Enjoy

Edited by Omnicide

Gotta check that out when I get home from work. Used to listen Ravenheart quite a lot in the past and liked it. Gonna check the other albums too.

If only to wrench myself listening Dream Theater's Systematic Chaos over and over again. xD

Gotta check that out when I get home from work. Used to listen Ravenheart quite a lot in the past and liked it. Gonna check the other albums too.

If only to wrench myself listening Dream Theater's Systematic Chaos over and over again. xD

The new lead singer, Manuela Kraller (ex-Haggard), pretty much blows away the old lead singer's vocals. The music went from a folklore-ish style of music to definite cutting-edge symphonic metal with this latest album.

I'm quite impressed by the change, personally.

Here's Xandria's official video "Valentine" where you can actually see the band members. The video is nothing to write home about, but you get to see the new lead singer, and she's fairly hot (and she also likes Dream Theatre ;) ).

I've never played the game before, and have also heard the in-game graphics look nothing like this, but this is a great little clip I found of two elf chics battling it out in Lineage II:

They should make more anime with this kind of quality... :drool:

• 7 months later...

Hey guys, adding a bump to the "Omnicide's Thread of Chaos"

Here's a couple of tidbits:

Just wanted to know what everyone is playing game-wise these days?

Currently, I'm playing World of Tanks and Torchlight 2. Been playing WoT for a few months now, and just started on TL2. I've also been contemplating getting this for nostalgic reasons:

http://www.amazon.co...ref=pd_sim_vg_1

(I really really miss these games; probably gonna take some effort to get them working on Windows 7, but we'll see)

Oh yea, and I just found this (more excitement):

http://www.baldursgate.com/

(I think this one will be easier to load onto Windows 7, but not sure yet; gonna do some more research)

In closing, I'm not sure if I mentioned this before, but out of the 5 forums that I've been a part of in the past and present, I vote Darkmatters Forum #1. The primary reason is for the kindness/politeness of all of the forum members here.

It saddens me to see other forums where folks just don't know how to behave themselves, but thankfully that doesn't appear to happen here.

'til next time...

(Edit: I like the new look of the Darkmatters Forum; very nice work to those who helped spruce it up)

Edited by Omnicide
  • Like! 1

Heya, Omnicide... thanks for stopping in, letting us know what you've been up to, yada, yada...

ohyeah, and the kind words, too ;) Thank Schot (and the ubiquitous pile of hair he pulled out...) for reviving us out of the death throes of the recent attack on our site. The forum update we did (as a result) also came with this skin, and a fine booty of a prize she is, arrrrrr :pirate: (you missed out on 'post like a pirate week') :4rofl:

Coincedentally, I just threw out my old BG2/Throne of Bhaal games last weekend. Kindof a teary moment (such a good game at its' time), but when I revisited it last year, it just didn't resonate as much with me anymore (being in love with the ARPG, rather than the turn-based ones).

Edit: currently playing the first Sacred... trying out my first caster in that one, a Demoness. And patiently awaiting Grim Dawn as my 'next' game to play.

TTYL!

Omni: Go for the Enhanced Edition, deffo! Haven't gotten it yet. Channeling my leftover funds on ME3, namely Omega.

But in any even, the Enhanced Edition will definately be worth every penny, if you're a RPG, or more specifically FR-fan. Never had the chance to play the original one. Oh, I had it at one time, but the when noticed it wouldn't look very good on full-HD screen, sold it out.

Anyways, I'm currently into Mass Effect 3. And secondly on Persona 4 Golden. Finally a great game for my Vita. ^^ Too bad it's dubbed, and quite badly, IMHO. But I guess the improvements and added stuff somewhat compensate that.

Heya, Omnicide... thanks for stopping in, letting us know what you've been up to, yada, yada...

ohyeah, and the kind words, too ;) Thank Schot (and the ubiquitous pile of hair he pulled out...) for reviving us out of the death throes of the recent attack on our site. The forum update we did (as a result) also came with this skin, and a fine booty of a prize she is, arrrrrr :pirate: (you missed out on 'post like a pirate week') :4rofl:

Coincedentally, I just threw out my old BG2/Throne of Bhaal games last weekend. Kindof a teary moment (such a good game at its' time), but when I revisited it last year, it just didn't resonate as much with me anymore (being in love with the ARPG, rather than the turn-based ones).

Edit: currently playing the first Sacred... trying out my first caster in that one, a Demoness. And patiently awaiting Grim Dawn as my 'next' game to play.

TTYL!

I can't imagine anyone wanting to attack this site, considering how pleasant it is, but some folks obviously have nothing better to do with there time, I suppose. I'm glad Schot could save it. I give him a jumping 'high-five' for all of his efforts!

The sad thing about Throne of Bhaal is I could never finish it due to the fact that there was a glitch which made it so I couldn't progress past a certain point. Back then both my roommate and I couldn't afford any internet, so I had no way of patching the game up, which more than likely would have fixed this problem. Either way, had tons of fun with Shadows of Amn.

Cool that you've gone back to play the Demoness on Sacred I; she was the very first character I played. Now that I read this, I'm feeling a little nostalgic about Sacred I. I think maybe I'll go back and play it again. The graphics remind me a lot of the Baldur's Gate games, so maybe that's why I'm feeling that way now...

Omni: Go for the Enhanced Edition, deffo! Haven't gotten it yet. Channeling my leftover funds on ME3, namely Omega.

But in any even, the Enhanced Edition will definately be worth every penny, if you're a RPG, or more specifically FR-fan. Never had the chance to play the original one. Oh, I had it at one time, but the when noticed it wouldn't look very good on full-HD screen, sold it out.

Anyways, I'm currently into Mass Effect 3. And secondly on Persona 4 Golden. Finally a great game for my Vita. ^^ Too bad it's dubbed, and quite badly, IMHO. But I guess the improvements and added stuff somewhat compensate that.

Thanks for the advice; I think I'm gonna go ahead and get the Enhanced Edition on my next paycheck.

I've got a friend who's into the Mass Effect line of games; and part 3 looks good, but I've only watched him play it. It appears to be mostly a FPS type of game. Graphics look really nice. Not sure if I'm gonna get it any time soon, though, with all of the other games piling up on my plate.

Just wanted to know what everyone is playing game-wise these days?

A handful of us are playing Guild Wars 2.

Nice; I presume Guild Wars 2 has won out on Diablo 3? Or is it still a toss-up for everyone here on the forum? I had noticed folks here were kinda split between both games. Personally, when it comes to RPG's and similiar sword & sorcery type games, I prefer to play them by myself. Probably due to the fact that I spend huge amounts of time tooling around with what works best and what doesn't. When I do play online games, it's usually Strategy-sim type games like Mechwarrior Mercenaries and World of Tanks.

Stormwing:

I know you're from Finland, so if you like Nightwish, you might be interested to know they've been touring with a new lead singer. Considering she is my #1 female singer of all time, I hope they keep her. But we'll see. One thing that I am sad about is the fact that I missed the Nightwish tour in my home town due to absolute lack of funds, not to mention I wasn't really enthused about Annette singing on the Imaginaerum Tour. The reason why I am sad is because two days before they played here where I live, Annette fell very ill so they swapped her out for Floor Jansen of ReVamp/After Forever. Now, I didn't find about this until about 3 weeks later when I went on to YouTube to see what Floor was up to. The chance of a lifetime missed, considering Floor's band was not big enough to ever tour in America, much less the west coast where I currently reside. The only thing I can hope for is that Nightwish and Floor Jansen join forces and tour America in 2014. If I could just see her in person once before I die, I will be content.

Here is Nightwish with Floor Jansen playing in my home town on the first night of their union (Floor had about 18 hours to memorize all of the lyrics for the Imaginaerum Tour while flying from Europe to America, and she was also sick with some kind of pesky cold, which makes her a true hero in my book):

Floor Jansen is SPAAAAAAARTAAAAA!

Edited by Omnicide
  • Like! 1

Omni: I'm quite sure there's a big possibility to get an Enhanced Edition for BG2 too, if things go well. And I've heard whispers they might also go after Icewind's Dale one of these days. Nothing official but it's always possible, seeing there's a lot of suckers for these games, me included.

And about Mass Effects; they sure are quite FPS'ey, but do have quite many roleplaying components too, and there's many choices which reflect your actions through all 3 games, which is really nice. Albeit it's somewhat a chore to push at least 6 different Shepards all through the games. :P

Still kinda liked it. Why else would've I played ME2 4 times in 2 weeks or something. xD

Oh, and there's going to be a trilogy-edition which nails all 3 games together, so that'd be a perfect purchase for those who don't yet own any of them.

And Nightwish. Well, you kinda missed my country; I'm from Finland which is where Nightwish it from too. :P Hopefully I would get a chance to see them next summer if things go well. I really liked what I've heard of Floor's work with the guys. She's altogether one of my fave female singers, so I was oeverjoyed when I heard she's joining the crew. Maybe temporarily, but I do hope she'll stick with 'em longer.

• Like! 1

In closing, I'm not sure if I mentioned this before, but out of the 5 forums that I've been a part of in the past and present, I vote Darkmatters Forum #1. The primary reason is for the kindness/politeness of all of the forum members here.

It saddens me to see other forums where folks just don't know how to behave themselves, but thankfully that doesn't appear to happen here.

'til next time...

(Edit: I like the new look of the Darkmatters Forum; very nice work to those who helped spruce it up)

We went through a pretty dark cloud, with the intensity of this hack, but we learned a lot, and from here moving forward, we're feeling better about what we are.

Yes, FDM is still happy, we're lucky to have inherited of the nets great communities.

Great topic here Omnicide, yo'ure a very welcoming writer.

Great having you here on the boards again.

:)

gogo

• Like! 1

Omni: I'm quite sure there's a big possibility to get an Enhanced Edition for BG2 too, if things go well. And I've heard whispers they might also go after Icewind's Dale one of these days. Nothing official but it's always possible, seeing there's a lot of suckers for these games, me included.

And Nightwish. Well, you kinda missed my country; I'm from Finland which is where Nightwish it from too. :P Hopefully I would get a chance to see them next summer if things go well. I really liked what I've heard of Floor's work with the guys. She's altogether one of my fave female singers, so I was oeverjoyed when I heard she's joining the crew. Maybe temporarily, but I do hope she'll stick with 'em longer.

I played both Icewind Dale I & II; I stopped playing I because it had too many bugs at the time, and never finished II because it was insanely difficult at higher levels. Also I had a tough time switching between old AD&D rules and new AD&D rules. That problem existed with Baldur's Gate moving on to Shadows of Amn, but since I loved those games so much I got use to the rule changes.

Sorry about the mistake on your country of origin; I had my mind on Floor Jansen at the time, and she's from the Netherlands. I edited my earlier post to refect that you are from Finland.

I've been thinking for a long time that Floor needs Nightwish as bad as Nightwish needs Floor. I have a pretty strong feeling that they are going to unite in 2014. :friends3:

'til next time...

We went through a pretty dark cloud, with the intensity of this hack, but we learned a lot, and from here moving forward, we're feeling better about what we are.

Yes, FDM is still happy, we're lucky to have inherited of the nets great communities.

Great topic here Omnicide, yo'ure a very welcoming writer.

Great having you here on the boards again.

:)

gogo

Your new title should be "Darkmatters Diplomat," gogo. :resp:

Thanks for the kind words as always, and again I'm glad the forum is back in working order, thanks to Schot's hard work. This really is a great forum to just come hang out and shoot the breeze with folks from all over the world.

Any chance you can get the "Omnicide's Thread of Chaos" title back? I noticed it was gone, and I kinda miss it. :sob: It's a nice place to post my millions of random thoughts floating around in my brain. :Just_Cuz_21:

Remember the old Microsoft Messenger? Well this one will be "Darkmatters Messenger" instead. ;)

Omni: Hey, no worries. :D I was actually debating about moving somewhere else with a friend yesterday. And one place I suggested was Netherlands. :P

Guess we are both not very satisfied with many things our "darling" government has made few past years, or something...

Friend even offered me a modified name; Johan van Kainoulainen. Guess we're kinda random bunch at times too.

And as it is, this thread reminds me of series of threads on Finnish anime/manga/general Japan stuff- forum where I frequent. Fitly named as Offtopics, they're full of random chatting.

And I indeed share your sentiments about Floor. Mostly heard her as one of the singers of Arjen Anthony Lucassen's Star One project. I like her singing a whole lot too.

• Like! 1

Any chance you can get the "Omnicide's Thread of Chaos" title back? I noticed it was gone, and I kinda miss it.

Your wish...

:dance:

gogo

Thanks man!

Omni: Hey, no worries. :D I was actually debating about moving somewhere else with a friend yesterday. And one place I suggested was Netherlands. :P

Guess we are both not very satisfied with many things our "darling" government has made few past years, or something...

Friend even offered me a modified name; Johan van Kainoulainen. Guess we're kinda random bunch at times too.

And as it is, this thread reminds me of series of threads on Finnish anime/manga/general Japan stuff- forum where I frequent. Fitly named as Offtopics, they're full of random chatting.

And I indeed share your sentiments about Floor. Mostly heard her as one of the singers of Arjen Anthony Lucassen's Star One project. I like her singing a whole lot too.

I had heard a little bit of Arjen's stuff when I first got into After Forever, but until now didn't realize what an awesome band he's got going. I listened to some music from his 2010 album (not sure what it's called) and really liked it. It was the making of the song "Victims of the Modern Age." Also, I think Floor's sister, Irene Jansen, did some singing for Ayreon, Arjen Anthony Lucassen's previous band?

Anyway, here's one I found of Floor; notice the veins on her neck when she sings. Now that's power vocals!:

This is a trailer for "Victims of the Modern Age" with a lot of excellent singers and musicians (I know Russell Allen from Symphony X and his new band Adrenaline Mob):

I tell you, watching all of this makes me want to become a musician and travel the world some day... :music:

That album is Star One's Victims of the Modern Age. Really nice album altogether. I got a signed edition with a T-shirt when it came out. ^^

And Arjen's actually making new stuff with Ayreon. Maybe we'll get a full album next year or so?

I personally don't like his single projects as much as his collaboration ones. Plays really well, but I don't quite dig his singing. Though he's an amazing coordinator, I'll give him that. All stuff with Ayreon and Star One's really great. I'd warmly recommend you to listen Ayreon's Into the Electric Castle. Might be a little hard to get to, if one's not listened much progressive metal, but that's one really great when you get into it.

Oh, and there's full list of Ayreon's quest artists. Just checked it quickly again and noticed that Hansi Kürch from Blind Guardian is Guesting in 01011001.

Edited by Stormwing
  • 1 month later...

So while my girlfriend has been playing Guild Wars 2, I've been busy leveling up a couple of characters in Torchlight 2. I really really like the graphics and detailed character customization in Guild Wars 2, but just can't handle the whole online aspect of the game. My girlfriend doesn't really care for it either, as she said everyone's always in such a hurry, but it was a Christmas present from her daughter, so she feels inclined to play. Eventually, I'm going to get a screenshot of the character that I made for my girlfriend, but until then I'm posting a couple of screenies of my Torchlight 2 characters. Both are around 30th level on Veteran difficulty (no deaths yet):

'Jennacide' the Berserker and her pet Honey Badger 'Chewie' (looks like a skunk on steroids):

978h9i.png

'Black Betty' the Outlander and her pet Pit Bull 'Dirty Harry:'

35a8wn4.png

Over all Torchlight 2 is a pretty fun game and considering I only paid around $15 (for up to 10 downloads) when it was on sale I'd say it's a decent time-waster until something more immersive comes out (like Sacred 3).

What I really want to see is something like Baldur's Gate 3, but alas that's a mere pipe-dream at this point.

• Like! 1