Omnicide's Thread of Chaos

These screenshots are posted in the GW2 Multimedia section, but I thought I'd add them here for more visibility.

My girlfriend, who is new to GW2, asked me to make her a character, so after fiddling around for about 30-40 minutes in the character customization screen, I came up with 'Glazya the Wicked,' a.k.a. 'The Lich Queen.'

The screenshots are done on my old computer, so the resolution isn't the best, as I have anti-aliasing turned off to maximize the playability of her game.

I'm tempted to buy the game just so I can spend all day designing characters that look like the one below: :drool:

zio8ye.jpg

s45ded.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Torchlight 2 was causing my hands/wrists some pain (due to the constant intensity of button pressing/movement), so I'm giving it a rest for a while. In the meantime I downloaded the demo for Kingdom of Amalur: The Reckoning, and was kinda impressed with the gameplay and such, but the demo is horrible in the respect to bugs so I'm ditching it, and for the fact that it is also a little too intense on the button pushing. I've reinstalled/gone back to playing Neverwinter Nights on Hardcore difficulty and have been enjoying that so far. It's actually been long enough since I've played that I don't quite remember everything like I use to. The graphics aren't that great compared to newer games out these days, but the music, atmosphere, and sentimentality of the game warms my heart.

e3442.jpg

The next 16 levels will be Paladin, which is a great class considering all the evil beasties roaming around in Neverwinter and it's outskirts. The game's a little slow on loot drops and movement/attack speed, but a little easier on my hands and wrists, which I also use a lot at work. I miss Torchlight 2, but once I get cybernetic transplants I will be able to play 24 hours a day. :P

• Like! 1

Ahh, brings back sooo much memories. :D And it's been quite a lot of time since I've played it, so prolly everything after the tutorial house is "new" to me too. Few bits and pieces here and there I can remember, but it'll surely be a nice refresh.

Should also add Baldur's Gate: Enchanted Edition to play-queue. I never got into it back in the day and the discs I later bought just collected dust on the shelf. I blame my console for getting me used to all that fancy stuff. :P

Hey guys, been lurking here on and off for a about a month, and decided to finally join (granted, I'm a little late to the Sacred party; didn't even know the game existed until about 2 months ago. Yes I live in a cave ph34r.gif ).

Reasons for joining are (not in any particular order):

Nice looking site/forum design

Friendly community

For the love of Sacred

Well designed and very helpful Wiki

Sincerely,

Omnicide

Btw, the small pic doesn't really do the avatar justice, so here's a full size pic of my Easter Seraphim:

s5ii2x.jpg

I thought about titling it 'What are you looking at?!'

Been apprenticing with Mr Giles', have we? : :4rofl:

Ahh, brings back sooo much memories. :D And it's been quite a lot of time since I've played it, so prolly everything after the tutorial house is "new" to me too. Few bits and pieces here and there I can remember, but it'll surely be a nice refresh.

Should also add Baldur's Gate: Enchanted Edition to play-queue. I never got into it back in the day and the discs I later bought just collected dust on the shelf. I blame my console for getting me used to all that fancy stuff. :P

I was really interested in getting Baldur's Gate: Enhanced Edition, but read that there's been numerous issues with it. I will have to re-visit the download site and see if any of the previous problems have been addressed yet.

Hey guys, been lurking here on and off for a about a month, and decided to finally join (granted, I'm a little late to the Sacred party; didn't even know the game existed until about 2 months ago. Yes I live in a cave ph34r.gif ).

Reasons for joining are (not in any particular order):

Nice looking site/forum design

Friendly community

For the love of Sacred

Well designed and very helpful Wiki

Sincerely,

Omnicide

Btw, the small pic doesn't really do the avatar justice, so here's a full size pic of my Easter Seraphim:

s5ii2x.jpg

I thought about titling it 'What are you looking at?!'

Been apprenticing with Mr Giles', have we? : :4rofl:

Who is Mr Giles? :huh:

Mr Giles... The Librarian on Seraphim Island, on the north side. Part of the main quest chain. The letch who gets perpetually distracted by all the Seraphim T and A running around.

You arrive on Seraphim Island, make your way up the path to the lower residence section, talk to the gal in the white robe who tells you about the miniature of the Great Machine, how it's gone missing and how she thinks she saw bits of that in the old living quarters. You go fetch them then get sent to see Mr Giles who keeps tripping his tongue over words like "Tit-itles" and "Asss-tral projections". You then to visit Sophia who gives you the lecture on how the 6 Gods are merely aspects of the Creator. You then get sent to your "mentor" who tells you that Sophia is pretty much full of fertilizer. You then go back to Mr Giles to figure out how to survive the Dragon realm..

He finally tells you to go get a heart scale - which when forged into an ammy should preserve your life an extra second or two before you wind up crispy critters - just before he has a moment of crisis and needs an ice cold shower...

Whoa! Just noticed your new Avi. Soul Forge. I am a huge BROM fan aswell.

Great Call adding his flavor to DarkMatters. Seems fitting.

This image is one of my favorites. What very famous Dark Elf does this remind you of...one guess.

pDarkElf.jpg

I remain, :dance:

Mr Giles... The Librarian on Seraphim Island, on the north side. Part of the main quest chain. The letch who gets perpetually distracted by all the Seraphim T and A running around.

You arrive on Seraphim Island, make your way up the path to the lower residence section, talk to the gal in the white robe who tells you about the miniature of the Great Machine, how it's gone missing and how she thinks she saw bits of that in the old living quarters. You go fetch them then get sent to see Mr Giles who keeps tripping his tongue over words like "Tit-itles" and "Asss-tral projections". You then to visit Sophia who gives you the lecture on how the 6 Gods are merely aspects of the Creator. You then get sent to your "mentor" who tells you that Sophia is pretty much full of fertilizer. You then go back to Mr Giles to figure out how to survive the Dragon realm..

He finally tells you to go get a heart scale - which when forged into an ammy should preserve your life an extra second or two before you wind up crispy critters - just before he has a moment of crisis and needs an ice cold shower...

Thank you for that explaination, wolfie; now you're making me want to get off my butt and play Sacred 2 again.

Whoa! Just noticed your new Avi. Soul Forge. I am a huge BROM fan aswell.

Great Call adding his flavor to DarkMatters. Seems fitting.

This image is one of my favorites. What very famous Dark Elf does this remind you of...one guess.

pDarkElf.jpg

I remain, :dance:

Brom rocks, and 'Soulforge' is one of my fav Brom pics. Also, that has got to be the best rendition of Drizzt I have ever seen to date.

In fact I bought these to keep my old Magic The Gathering black zombie deck in:

x58e9y.jpg

auwocw.jpg

Yeah.. Mr Giles is quite the character.. Well worth visiting him.. He's such a perv..! Quite entertaining..

So basically from what you're saying Mr Giles only sees this whenever there's a Seraphim in the room: :wub:

105e58h.jpg

:drool:

I don't know about those hearts.. I'm thinking he sees them with less.. MUCH less.. I don't think I'd be allowed to post what he likes - not on THIS forum anyhow.. I'd have to visit something with more tolerance to adult only material.

Ah, The Dragon Discipline. Great little prestige class. What more hilarious, one has to be either few levels Sorcerer or Bard to get there. The magician part I understand, the playwright, never...

Anyways, now that I have the diamond collection, I should reallly restart my fire spewing magical engine of destruction one of these days. If only there weren't so much other distractions. :P

Ah, The Dragon Discipline. Great little prestige class. What more hilarious, one has to be either few levels Sorcerer or Bard to get there. The magician part I understand, the playwright, never...

Anyways, now that I have the diamond collection, I should reallly restart my fire spewing magical engine of destruction one of these days. If only there weren't so much other distractions. :P

My goal for the above character is Fighter 16/ Bard 4/ Red Dragon Disciple 10. Improved Two-Weapon Fighting + Improved Critical + keen double-blades sword combined with both the Overwhelming Critical and Devastating Critical feats equals fast annilation of foes. I threw in a Bard level every now and then to get all the cool skills that a Bard has access to, such as Spellcraft (for better saving throws), Tumble, and Use Magic Device.

Over all a very fun and deadly character to play through the campaign. Self-sufficient and powerful enough to solo without any npc's, which also equals faster leveling due to not having to share xp.

• 2 weeks later...

I finally got tired of the stuttering graphics with old Neverwinter Nights, so I loaded on Neverwinter Nights 2: Mask of the Betrayer which seems to play a lot nicer with Windows 7, as the gameplay is really smooth and much more enjoyable.

Here is a screenshot collage of my current character, who is a Paladin/Sorceror/Red Dragon Disciple/Divine Champion multi-class concoction I came up with a few days ago (I stole the name from Forgotten Realm's The Seven Sisters:

Although not quite comparable to the Seraphim's celestial beauty, this is my idea of a more practical character:

a more manageable and simple hair style, along with some practical armor (as opposed to long, flowing locks of golden hair and skimpy, bikini-like armor that wouldn't defend against a bee sting):

4kfh5i.jpg

So far it's been quite an effective build, working off both high Strength and really high Charisma to cleave through elemental-resistant/immune critters with Divine Might. Epic Divine Might and five levels of Great Smiting feats soon to come. Lots of immunities and ridiculously high saving throws once the Divine Champion levels get added...

Edited by Omnicide

Heh, old games tend to give those moments nowadays. :P Just remembering when it was "whoa dood! Awshum stuff!" for the original NwN. Still to start the campaign, been stuck to Skyrim. But I'll be sure to put up an NwN-marathon one of these days. Maybe following your build.

I usually start with a mage character in games like these. And truth to be told; it's quite an agonizing experience. At least for me. I love all the magical goodies, but one has to have some muscle to aid through the starting steps. Ridiculously low armor class, etc. Getting owned by goddamn rats 'n stuff...

Should also start NwN 2. Still to play through both of the expansions. Now that I legitimately have the full collection through Steam. Kind of tempted to dig up the "Zehirication" mod for the main campaign and MoTB. As nice NCPs there is, nothing beats going through all stuff with a custom-build party, like old Baldur's and the like. ^^

My girlfriend's oldest grandson just bought Skyrim for his X-box and is doing quite well at it. It's an extremely immersive world, and from what I hear you can spend months on all the side quests before finishing the main quest. I have 2 copies of Skyrim (PC versions) that have been sitting in my desk drawer for several months now that unfortunately have incorrect CD keys. I have a number to call that will supposedly get me some working replacement CD keys, but I'm never home during their business hours. Looks like I'm gonna have to take a day off from work just to get it taken care of.

If I can manage to get the game to work successfully, it looks like the only gripe I might have is with using the keyboard and mouse combo for the controls. Skyrim's character movement/combat was originally made with X-box controllers in mind, I think.

That, and I will definitely have to get the PC graphics and character enhancement mods to spruce up the game a bit, as the graphics are kinda shoddy straight out of the box, and the characters (especially the females) are less than desireable in appearance.

So for now I'm experimenting with crazy build ideas in Mask of the Betrayer until I can hopefully get some valid CD keys from the vendor.

Good luck with that. After quite a few stumbling arounds with the mods, I've finally found quite nicely stable combination of about 130 mods. Yeah, that's a lot, I admit, but most of 'em just add few things here and there. Better females, etc. And couple of custom races. Funny thing, I've never liked TES' normal races. In Oblivion it was either Schoco-elf, or something, and in Skyrim Noiral. They're really nice race to play around. Really recommended. Although, one should always have few cure disease potions with 'em in case of near vampire contact. Vamps and Noirals aren't compatible in the least. :P

And yeah, albeit being smaller than Cyrodiil in Oblivion, Skyrim offers quite a many places to visit and in pc great graphics. Nice game to go sightseeing. just remember to keep those weapons or spells at hand. :P I'm stuck with normal graphs, tho, as high-res ones require at least 1GB memory from the GPU. But it's still great looking. And personally, can't complain about the controls. I couldn't even think of playing with controller.

Good luck with that. After quite a few stumbling arounds with the mods, I've finally found quite nicely stable combination of about 130 mods. Yeah, that's a lot, I admit, but most of 'em just add few things here and there. Better females, etc. And couple of custom races. Funny thing, I've never liked TES' normal races. In Oblivion it was either Schoco-elf, or something, and in Skyrim Noiral. They're really nice race to play around. Really recommended. Although, one should always have few cure disease potions with 'em in case of near vampire contact. Vamps and Noirals aren't compatible in the least. :P

And yeah, albeit being smaller than Cyrodiil in Oblivion, Skyrim offers quite a many places to visit and in pc great graphics. Nice game to go sightseeing. just remember to keep those weapons or spells at hand. :P I'm stuck with normal graphs, tho, as high-res ones require at least 1GB memory from the GPU. But it's still great looking. And personally, can't complain about the controls. I couldn't even think of playing with controller.

That's good to know about the controls for the PC. As I've mentioned somewhere previously, too many years of gaming and keyboard usage at work has taken it's toll on my wrists and arms, etc., so I've been kinda trying to take it easy lately. I prefer simple point and click these days, that's why I've gone back to playing a lot of the old Neverwinter Nights games recently.

But I'm still excited to give Skyrim a try nonetheless...

brom_cyclops.jpg

BROM Cyclops

Never seeing this rendition of Cyclops before, it caught me off guard. Love it. Hope you enjoy as well.

I remain, :crazy:

I like it; it definitely looks like something he did a long time ago. Also reminds me of artwork you'd see in Heavy Metal magazine, which I'm pretty sure he submitted to occasionally.