How to update Sacred 2 PS3 to 2.43 patch?

Hi All, I recently went from PC to Console and find it more difficult in that the downloads for the PS3 version are not being read by my system. The exe files cant be read by the PS3 OS. Is there something I can do to update to the 2.43 patche. And The set items, uniques, mods that are out there cant be uploaded also. What am I doing wrong? Love the game. My char is the Inquisitor lv.65 but he is still very weak in amore and weapons. Drops are very slow for him. PLease help, hate to see him die so often!

AFAIK, nothing from any of the pc versions will work on ps3. IIRC, there is only a single patch for ps3 and my console prompted me to install it automatically when I first started the game.

Just as I thought. Well, I think apart from equiping Chance to Find Magic items gear there's nothing else to do.

Dunno about possible modding, but that's a topic not open for discussion, I'm affraid.

Just as I thought. Well, I think apart from equiping Chance to Find Magic items gear there's nothing else to do.

Dunno about possible modding, but that's a topic not open for discussion, I'm affraid.

Don't forget Survival Bonus, and map explored also boost your "chances to find awesomesauce".

It pretty much makes EP the "must-have" if you're looking to find unique items.

I am still pretty sure that modifying console games is a very touchy and possibly illegal subject, so we must avoid it here.

As Lujate said, there is one patch for the consoles, that is applied the first time you play Sacred 2 "online". It does fix droprates (IMO), so if you've only been playing offline, by all means, start up an online campaign and get patched! When the boards were more active, I compared other peoples experiences farming items to mine, and found that anyone with the patched versions saw many more uniques than I did, so I do believe that the patch fixed droprates, somehow.

Quick additions:

1) The PS3 version will attempt to update so long as you have an active internet connection on your PS3. You don't even need to be signed into the PSN. So long as you have the wireless on, or a wired connection plugged in, it will attempt to update the game as soon as you load the game. You don't have to even reach the "Press Start" screen to update it.

2) Apart from legal/moral reasons behind not discussing modding, there has never been a successful attempt at modding the PS3 version (including by those who were able to mod equipment for the 360 version, as well as for the PS3/360 version of Borderlands). So for dynastymage's situation, nothing exists to discuss anyways.