Jump to content

Recommended Posts

  • 7 years later...
  • Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Birthdays... Mine isn't a whole day, more like half an hour in the morning and half an hour in the evening. Our twins should be born on x-mas. But at my birthday the stress was too much for my wife an

March 18th. OK kids. 91 today...I've got the key of the door, never been 91 before....etc.  Chocolate cake for later. I will post a slice to those of you I know, er..   

A belated but Happy Birthday to you Bondbug. May all of your derams and wishes come true for you. My birthday has been and gone it was feb 26th I'm 51 and hoping to live to be 151, if I should live an

December 13th, 1963. Yup. Today is ole double nickel birthday. The day I was born there was erratic tides, a green moon, and too numerous too mention signs of impending and irreversible disaster. And despite everyones best efforts to stop it, I was born anyways.

Link to post
19 minutes ago, Icefire said:

December 13th, 1963. Yup. Today is ole double nickel birthday. The day I was born there was erratic tides, a green moon, and too numerous too mention signs of impending and irreversible disaster. And despite everyones best efforts to stop it, I was born anyways.

Hey, IceFire, Happy Birthday! What a great way to post and find our l'il Sacred hidey hole

:thumbsup:

gogo

Link to post

Birthdays... Mine isn't a whole day, more like half an hour in the morning and half an hour in the evening. Our twins should be born on x-mas. But at my birthday the stress was too much for my wife and so my last real birthday was stopped at 10pm and we had to drive for the hospital. Son was born short before and daughter short after midnight because she had to be turned. Was a bit complicated when the docs asked which time they should write. I said the correct one. The reasons for the question were obvious a few days later when we were discussing the options. We decided to do the same day with the option that my daughter can decide when she is 16.

So sunday we will have the soccer teams from daughter and son, classmates, grandparents, god parents, aunts and uncles, cousins and cousines, neighbours ... Will prepare the big firefighter hall for the party and half the village is baking cakes and preparing food. And then my half hour starts when we clean up and friends from firefighters who help will drink a beer with me ;)

  • Like! 1
Link to post
  • 1 year later...

March 18th. OK kids. 91 today...I've got the key of the door, never been 91 before....etc.  Chocolate cake for later. I will post a slice to those of you I know, er..   :chef:

  • Respect! 1
Link to post
55 minutes ago, Bondbug said:

March 18th. OK kids. 91 today...I've got the key of the door, never been 91 before....etc.  Chocolate cake for later. I will post a slice to those of you I know, er..   :chef:

Bond...thats so awesome.... what is the delicious Bret Celebratory dinner comprised of,.. towers of seafood and croissants?

Please do share

oh yes... 

There will be Wine!

:drunkards:

gogo

Link to post

Hi gogo  :chef:the years keep ticking over. I remember well when George Washington said to me.....er....I forget ....oh well it doesn't matter now.

As to dinner I was about to post in the Inglenook in the hopes of finding Chattius supervising his little garden... as I need his advice.

Link to post
3 hours ago, Bondbug said:

Hi gogo  :chef:the years keep ticking over. I remember well when George Washington said to me.....er....I forget ....oh well it doesn't matter now.

As to dinner I was about to post in the Inglenook in the hopes of finding Chattius supervising his little garden... as I need his advice.

Still rockin that awesome avatar, Bond!

:superman:

 

gogo

Link to post

A belated but Happy Birthday to you Bondbug. May all of your derams and wishes come true for you. My birthday has been and gone it was feb 26th I'm 51 and hoping to live to be 151, if I should live any longer than that, it will be fantastic.

  • Appreciation 1
Link to post
  • 7 months later...

 

Long long night and not allowed to be at hospital because of lockdown laws and only the grandpa, but:

Family = Family + 2

👶👶

Our first grandchild was born 250 years after Napoleon was born. The twins 250 years after Bertel Thorvaldsen was born.

Novembre the 9th is the german Schicksalstag (day of fate) : first republic in 1918, fall of the Berlin wall 1989, Hitlers first try to take power in Munich 1923, 1938 the Reichskristallnacht,...

So I prefer the Bertel Thorvaldsen 250 years my mother in law mentioned. I never heard about him before, but she was doing stoneware tools and art and knows the marble monuments he did all over the world. Also very fitting he was born in to family of wood carvers - so was me

They will tell us the names of the babies when back from hospital, mixed twins, girl came first.

 

So my old brain has to remember Napoleon and Bertel Thorvaldson ;)

 

 

  • Appreciation 1
Link to post

Congratulations on Becoming a grandfather Chattius. my father loved being a grandfather... hope you will have many happy years with the grandchildren!

Link to post
10 hours ago, chattius said:

 

Long long night and not allowed to be at hospital because of lockdown laws and only the grandpa, but:

Family = Family + 2

👶👶

Our first grandchild was born 250 years after Napoleon was born. The twins 250 years after Bertel Thorvaldsen was born.

Novembre the 9th is the german Schicksalstag (day of fate) : first republic in 1918, fall of the Berlin wall 1989, Hitlers first try to take power in Munich 1923, 1938 the Reichskristallnacht,...

So I prefer the Bertel Thorvaldsen 250 years my mother in law mentioned. I never heard about him before, but she was doing stoneware tools and art and knows the marble monuments he did all over the world. Also very fitting he was born in to family of wood carvers - so was me

They will tell us the names of the babies when back from hospital, mixed twins, girl came first.

 

So my old brain has to remember Napoleon and Bertel Thorvaldson ;)

 

 

Congratulations friend May Many years of Grandfathering be along your way.. and delicious cake too!

:theuns:

gogo

Link to post

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...