Is my Shadow Warrior weak or strong?

Hello. I want your opinion regarding my shadow worrior. Ive read some topics here and from what I understand ive made some big mistakes. I cannot undo them now but I wanna make some improvements now. Can u tell me what can I do now? Whats the better thing to do with my character now(I dont wanna make another one, I wanna stay with this one).

http://imageshack.us/f/59/61588861.jpg

http://imageshack.us...34/36469861.jpg

http://imageshack.us...05/88097248.jpg

http://imageshack.us/f/15/10929926.jpg

http://imageshack.us...52/51809604.jpg

Hi, and welcome to DarkMatters Raul!

I've updated your post so that your links can show. I'm not a Shadow Warrior expert though and will bow out to let someone more versed in these matters to offer critique.

Cheers!

:)

gogo

Hi and welcome :)

No need to make another character, I'm sure we can get this one into a killing machine.

1) You have both Dual Wield (DW) and Sword Lore (SL). If you are using 2 weapons, do not put any more points into SL. If you are using sword/shield or 2H sword then we need to stop putting points in DW. The attack bonuses do not stack between the 2 skills. If you are Dw'ing and putting points into SL to unlock weapon mods, it's a waste of points in my humble opinion. Some of the best swords out there don't have SL requirements. And the skill points can be put to better use elsewhere.

2a) You have Astral Lore but not Astral Focus

2b) You haven't chosen either Death Warrior or Malevolent Champion Focus

2c) Cannot tell from screenshots what Combats Arts you are using

Hard to give advice here until I know what Combat Arts/Buffs you want to use. Still have a couple open skill slots to fix all this.

3) You've read a lot of runes in several Combat Arts....this will reduce the chance to find runes via loot and can really increase CA regen times. I would stop 'eating' runes and depending on your needs, find equip with mods for those Combat Arts

One of the best things about this game is you do not need to have a 'perfect' build to excel. I've had several really messed up characters do quite well, and really, the flawed ones are the most fun.

In order to help you out more can you tell me the following....

What Combats Arts do you want to use the most, and what mods have you taken for each one? What type of weapons do you prefer?

Here are some helpful links if you haven't looked at these yet

Skills

Attributes

Shadow Warrior Combat Arts

Item Modifiers

Combat and Game Basics

I agree 100% with Knuckles on not leveling both Dual Wield (DW) and Sword Weapons (SWL). If you need the to-hit and attack speed bonuses, level up one of them (which one depends on what weapons you are using). I feel the bonuses unlocked by having both DW and SWL are worth having, but the bonuses you earn by mastering SWL are not worth it if you are dual wielding.

Never done a Shadow Warrior, so that is about all I can say. Good Luck!

Hmmm...you've spread yourself out over all 3 Aspects...it's still viable but will be a little bit more of a challenge...I have to go to work right now but I can respond more in depth in about 8-10 hours.

I would agree with DaveO... some kind of Astral-based build would be easiest. But any way you slice it, Niob difficluty will be a chore and a half. Shadow Veil gives you the ability to never take damage... Alchemy will be your best friend for boss fights, but without the Focus skills, you will not be spamming high-level combat arts.

I would go with a Skeletal Fortification-based build. Astral Lord Focus would be the only other skill that is required, and work on getting your Shadow Veil set up for perma-invisibility (lots of topics on it around here). After that, the only things you need are runes to put into the SF, and a lot of levels to boost up your skills, modify your combat arts, etc.

Interested to see what Knuckes has to say here, I feel any melee character is gimped at this point, and a good player would find challenge to make it to the end of Platinum fighting hand-to-hand. Maybe with the downloads available (dual-Kaldur's comes to mind) it is possible, but not without some of that type of help (Uber-gear).

Well gave this some thought and this is what I'd do....

For the last 2 skills I'd take Astral Focus and Death Warrior Focus (or malevolent Champion). Shame we don't have another skill slot open to take Concentration so you could have 2 buffs running.

1) For Skeletal Fortification to be a primary attack you really need to invest in it to the exclusion of others so it doesn't sound like that is practical here, but it can be used as a nice support CA. I would also use Nether Allegiance as a support buff. I would mod if for max skeletons (if you are able to) and use them for aggro. Simply let the skeletons go first and draw aggro. They will hold aggro even while 'dead' and resurrecting. I wouldn't eat any more runes into that CA. And only increase SF so that CA duration doesn't exceed CA regeneration.

2) Take Death Warrior Focus and use Death Blow or Scything Sweep (Or a combo with the 2) and Grim Resilience. Maybe have DB and GR for your boss/champion attacks. Or....

3) Take Malevolent Champion Focus and use Reflective Emanation and Frenzied Rampage. Frenzied works well with Dual Wield and has a farther range than his other melee Combat Arts. Would also let you continue to use Killing Spree effectively.

So you'd be using Astral for normal mobs and either Death or Malevolent for tough enemies. Let me know if this is something you'd be interested in doing.

As said before...no more points in Sword Lore........and only add points in Dual Wield if you notice you are having problems hitting enemies.

Never really used Alchemy that much so will let someone else comment further on that.

Be on the look out for Regen Per Hit equip. This modifier can really be a game changer and will allow you to dramatically increase your melee CA levels while keeping regen low. I know this was bugged b4 Ice and Blood but forget the particular issues. Again maybe someone could elaborate on this a bit for me.

Let me know if any of this sounds good to you and we can talk a bit more about regen times, equip mods, CA mods etc....

Be on the look out for Regen Per Hit equip. This modifier can really be a game changer and will allow you to dramatically increase your melee CA levels while keeping regen low. I know this was bugged b4 Ice and Blood but forget the particular issues. Again maybe someone could elaborate on this a bit for me.

AFAIK, RpH did not exist in the PC version prior to Ice and Blood.

I don't have Ice & Blood, and am only patched to 2.40, but I have several items with the Regen Per Hit mod, although I can't really tell if it works or not, but judging by what I just read, it doesn't work.

So I'm gonna ditch my RPH items on my melee Shadow Warrior and replace them with this instead:

Opponent level for death blow

It works for melee weapons pre Ice & Blood or post Ice & Blood, and might be the second best mod if you can't get the RPH mod due to the fact that you don't have Ice & Blood installed on your PC. If you do have Ice & Blood, I'd definitely go with the RPH mod on your items like Knuckles suggested.

There ARE items in versions prior to Ice and Blood that have the RpH mod. I have a number of them currently in inventory and equipped on my High Elf and I'm on 2.31 ATM. NOT entirely 100% it's working correctly though. On some CAs it seems to work - while on others with a longer regen time, it doesn't seem to do much.