Diablo 3 - Open Beta Weekend!

Ah, Db, sorry you couldn't make it, but the books come first. Me and Schot finally were able to make it into servers, met up with spunky, rotluchs, knuckles, said hi to kriv, was like a reunion. The game is great for team play, it's just to bad it only goes to level thirteen, but it's a great teaser, and I guess it's there for us to try out the different classes. Course my first one was the demon hunter, and she's sweet. We just got kicked off forty minutes ago, they are doing work on servers.

:)

gogo

Finally got in and tinkered a little with couple of chars.

Seems like I might have to eat my words of not getting this beaut. :P

Though money (and time's) somewhat tight, so I guess I won't jump into the fray just at the start. Though I'm quite sure now that I'm gonna buy it at some point.

And from the quick skirmish, 6 or so levels, my first fave was monk. Those martial moves just make kinda giddy. :wub:

Edited by Stormwing

DB quit school :) I never liked homework anyways.

Some of the battles are just crazy. I love Sacred but I have to say even the Guardians never reached the intensity of quite a few battles in the demo. It was great seeing everyone again. Me Spunky, gogo and Schot ran the whole thing. Me and Spunky did it twice :) It was awesome seeing you Schot...been way too long. Played quite a bit with Bobcat and near the end with Stubbie.

The one thing I am sure of is all my games will not be open to public. Already had a couple probs with that. But the friends list is awesome. You can easily join any game your friend(s) are in right from the main menu. The only major drawback I see is max party limit of 4.

Those martial moves just make kinda giddy. :wub:

I know! I think he's based on Japanese robo-anime or something... very impresive speed, definitely a lot of combos to master. K, just woke up, went to bed WAY too late, o_O ...ah, the joys of first game getting... going into game if anybody else is there

I'm gogoblender#1735 add me!

:dance:

gogo

I preordered it as my b-day pressy for myself.

2 things I dont like:

1 the party sice.

2 and the craft gear to buy.

The things that rocks:

random side quests.

Absolute no lag or other running 2 eu & 2 us people together.

Anyway thx for running with me on my first char:

Knuckles

Llama

Bobcat

Dobster

And forgot who last was ...

Anyway see you on releace, I guess my time will be divided between PoE and d3.

Zodiac, add me to your friends list!

I played a ton today, and took Schot's lead to create mf build just to get a handle on the salvaging and item creation. Ayup, it's pretty addictive, and you need to shoot out almost every barrel and check every curtain, and book shelf to get enough gold...but if yer patient, you can get some pretty decent drops, most I got the mf to on this build is 40 percent!

:bounce: but I think rotluchs says he was able to get even higher ^^... and no mf on weapons, or has anyone found? Best find of all was finally getting the Duel Wield going on the Daemon Hunter!

2ppez9w.gif

Schot, last night, got his wizard duel wielding, and from then on was mad rush to get to higher levels... Bingo... Knuckls shows up with a one hander cross bow in hand! :dance: He had bought it from a back alley dealer (that sounds awful huh :P) and I was able to get another one for myself, hello crazy rate of fire!... Only thing is the speed at which I started using up hatred got so fast, I kept running out and had to change my tactics to strafe not as much anymore, but instead just short controlled burst...and enemies go to butter.

Game is looking good

gogo

So I kept getting the time out error when I tried to log in. Now that I am trying again it says that BattleNet is down. Gonna take a break for dinner and a flick. Hopefully you will be on when I get back Gogo. By the way, my battletag is Zodiak#1171. Feel free to add me if you get online before I do.

Was great playing with you Zodiac, years here on the forum, we get to meet! :bounce: I got dropped from last boss encounter though... my eyes are kinda blurry from so much playing, I'm off for an hour, maybe be back in later.

Thanks everyone for party, we got to hook up with Zodiac, Floox, Bob, Knuckles, demol, spunky^^

gogo

Was great playing with you Zodiac, years here on the forum, we get to meet! :bounce: I got dropped from last boss encounter though... my eyes are kinda blurry from so much playing, I'm off for an hour, maybe be back in later.Thanks everyone for party, we got to hook up with Zodiac, Floox, Bob, Knuckles, demol, spunky^^:)gogo

I had an outstanding time Gogo! My first time playing multi-player anything for years. Way better than I remember it being, thanks to having some great people to play with. Hope to see you, Floox and Bobcat online for more gaming soon.

wow, those are great words, Zodiac, yeah I'd have to agree that easily in the top three of what makes this game good, is how easy it is to play together with people from all over the world. No lag, loads of explosions, and.... I just can't get over how easy it is to jump into a quick game with someone else. Outstanding.

gogo

Girlfriend and I enjoyed playing D2 way back, and finally getting to grips with D3 this weekend was priceless. She played a Wizard and I went for the Barbarian (I want my Paladin back!).

It was an instant "feeling home" and quite a lot of fun. Watching the enemies fly and splatter around with the barbarian made me smile a lot. Felt like Serious Sam in places.

We got through the beta last evening by finally slaying the Skeleton King. This game is as good as bought. :)

I like how they dealt with the Items scavenging problems. People diving to the one dropped ring was so annoying in D2.

Edited by czevak

Well I had a pretty good time with the game over the weekend.

Got to do some partying up and really liked the way the game plays.

Any lag I may have had didn't seem to affect gameplay at all while in a party.

That is a real plus for me. I usually suffer terrible lag with online games.

The stat increase by purchase using real money causes me concern. I myself will only play in parties with people that have built their toons up purely from game experience rather than some shortcut due to a purchase. I don't condemn players who disagree, it's just the way that I like to play.

I suspect there will be other gamers who feel the same.

Though after some reading I believe that items purchased though the auction house will not be available in hardcore. If that is indeed the case then my concerns are none :thumbsup: as I only intend to play hardcore online....it has always been like that for me ever since the days of the original Sacred. ;)

Girlfriend and I enjoyed playing D2 way back, and finally getting to grips with D3 this weekend was priceless. She played a Wizard and I went for the Barbarian (I want my Paladin back!).

It was an instant "feeling home" and quite a lot of fun. Watching the enemies fly and splatter around with the barbarian made me smile a lot. Felt like Serious Sam in places.

We got through the beta last evening by finally slaying the Skeleton King. This game is as good as bought. :)

I like how they dealt with the Items scavenging problems. People diving to the one dropped ring was so annoying in D2.

I love taking that guy out, and getting to him was worthy trekking...I just wish he'd drop more :P

The stat increase by purchase using real money causes me concern. I myself will only play in parties with people that have built their toons up purely from game experience rather than some shortcut due to a purchase. I don't condemn players who disagree, it's just the way that I like to play.

I suspect there will be other gamers who feel the same.

Though after some reading I believe that items purchased though the auction house will not be available in hardcore. If that is indeed the case then my concerns are none :thumbsup: as I only intend to play hardcore online....it has always been like that for me ever since the days of the original Sacred. ;)

Excellent news for HC being free of bought items! I actually am cool with the "games" being redefined either way with real money or "time"....but having a special section for people who's interests are pure game only with no outside money entering and calling it HC...I like this, and am very suportive of having two kinds of d3 gaminig arenas for how people to enjoy their gaming. Looks like HC gamings gonna be where it's at, I couldn't have asked for better news, thanks STubbie

gogo

P.s. And...oh, olright, this game's fun...guess where I am :P

Beta performance

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/4427566486?page=1#15

Bear in mind that the beta has its own FPS issues simply because it's a beta; Diablo III won't be optimized until release. My custom-built gaming system can't play the beta smoothly either, but it will be fine on release. Blizzard betas are genuine betas, unlike the glorified demos that some companies refer to as a "beta".

The Open Beta weekend is officially over. The servers are now down for maintenance. They will be back soon, and those who have been selected for the Closed Beta can still play the game until May 1st.

I got to play around 5 hours, and I had lots of fun, the game is totally what I expected.

Max

Too bad it's already over, didn't even make it to level 13 :oooo:

Thanks for the partying up gogo, BobCat, Knuckles, Schot & very briefly; D-molisher :)

See ya on the 15th!