Diablo 3 - Open Beta Weekend!

I only made a level 13 (Wraps ) and a level 12 (Dual swords ) softie monks ... & a level 11 (Spear & shield )hc monk.

THX for partying all, CU the 15´th.

What !?

No mention of the fridge?!? :P

Nah ... GOGO are correct ->> its the bell from kungfu hustle. :4rofl:

Edited by D-molisher

The four man size is horrible! I know I'm complaining because what they did...they did so well...seamless integration of mp into gloriously explosive effects... no lag... surely for the real game they will allow just one or two more spaces...maybe they can find a way to charge us for this...would something like that at all be possible.

:)

gogo

I kinda understand the 4 person limit. The things going on at the screen with 4 people spamming skills are already quite chaotic/flashy, even with the limited amount of skills you have in the beta.

Edited by Shadout

Hi Shadout

I'm constantly comparing everything I can imagine in MP now to

... one of the world's most successful online games (most popular now I think?) ...MASSIVE effects 8 people on screen playing at once, no lag, and imagination for Combat Arts that never stops...this is the concept of the game in fact...

Diablo 3 has some effects that are as good as lol

lol took WOW/Blizzard's gaming engine^^) but that four person limit..it's just two small... I in fact almost feel like I'm still playing a Single Player game. League of Legends completely outdid Sacred 2 with "magic" .

Diablo 3 has magic down pat as well.

But I'm really hoping that they are able to make that cap bigger, or I can see myself getting bored with it in some months with it having such a small online experience at once. I'd even be up for them to trade out some of the effects to be able for us to have bigger player caps.

:)

gogo

I certainly understand why you feel it is too low. I would have liked 5 better, to fit the number of classes at least (though that would of course only last until an expansion adding new classes). I'm merely saying I understand their reason for the cap in this case (and damn there is a lot of design decisions in D3 I don't understand).

LOL is a very different game though, from what I know of it (which is close to nothing). I know it's like DOTA though (and correct me if I'm wrong) where the players are spread out between the 3 different paths through the map for large parts of the game. Having all players fighting together is a rare thing?

In Diablo 3 all team mebers are "supposed to" always be within one screen of each other - Blizzard has said that they want characters to die horrible deaths if they try to go too far away from their teammates in later difficulties (It remains to be seen if Blizzard can live up to such a promise about the difficulty - I doubt it).

My experience in both Diablo 2 and Sacred 2 (and I admittedly played 99,9% solo in Sacred 2) was that in the games with up to 8 or 16 players, people typically ran to different areas in smaller groups or solo, rather than actually running 16 people close together - because that would be a mess in both of those games as well.

Now Blizzard could surely have made the cap 8 (they claim there are no technical reasons for the 4 player cap), even if they felt the game played better with 4, making it the players own choice if they wanted to turn their games into a chaotic mess of explosions. For better or worse Blizzard are quite the control freaks though. They always seem to limit or remove the stuff they don't like, rather than letting players choose.

Edited by Shadout

I didn't get much time in beta weekend but the formula is still the same.

Diablo is a good game solo, it is a f-ing awesome game with your buddies!

• Like! 1