Guild Wars 2 open beta this weekend - April 27th thru 29th

Eternal Grove it is!

I am supposed to have the afternoon off, but I have a sinking suspicion that not only will I not get it off, I will likely have to work hours late. I am realistically expecting to be firing up the game client at about this time tomorrow night. :(

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

To everyone taking part in the beta: Enjoy!! :cow_white: :cow_white:

But remember, you did not play in my opinion if there's no screenies to share, reviews to read about and your personal profession to brag about... :tongue:

Wish I was there :tomato:

To everyone taking part in the beta: Enjoy! :cow_white: :cow_white:

But remember, you did not play in my opinion if there's no screenies to share, reviews to read about and your personal profession to brag about... :tongue:

Wish I was there :tomato:

Tell you what, how about I keep a photo diary of every time I die? :biggrin:

Eternal Grove it will be! Could someone edit the topic description to insert : "Server : Eternal Grove" so anyone here who's in the beta will pick this server?

Done! Schot will be getting getting pre purchase today, so he'll be in the beta too, I'll be watching over his shoulder when I get back from work, jealous me be.. but I've applied for change of shift, if it goes through, I'll be in.

:)

gogo

Tell you what, how about I keep a photo diary of every time I die? :biggrin:

heh, if you're anything like me, I normally only remember to take (have taken) screen shots at moments when the battle is already done and dusted I.e. on occasion of death...

Here are a few links that might prove helpful for the privileged:

GW2 Support

Beta Begiiners Guide

Time save pro tips

I'm going into the servers as we speak. I picked Eternal Grove, as we decided here.

I'll use this post to share all my screens, vids, info, tips, and game experience.

EDIT : I created a Charr Guardian. His name is Flooxim Holyavenger. Feel free to add me.

EDIT : I also created the Guild. Its name is The Fellowship of Darkmatters.

EDIT 6:20PM : For the hour or so I played right now, I gotta say that the world is pretty big, rich and detailed. Totally what I expected.

Max

Edited by Flooxim

Just spent the last 3 hours playing. Did not see any real lag.

Looks good but now I really have to extra good to the wife so I can upgrade my video card. Don't like the prices on the 580 so I will beg for a 570.

Downloading now! omg omg omg. I sure hope it finishes downloading before the weekend is over, lol. It's at a pretty good speed though. About 630KB. :woot:

Downloading now! omg omg omg. I sure hope it finishes downloading before the weekend is over, lol. It's at a pretty good speed though. About 630KB. :woot:

Mine showed just over 100KB and took about 13 hours. At 600, yours should be done this evening.

Mine showed just over 100KB and took about 13 hours. At 600, yours should be done this evening.

Mine showed 370kb, and it was in fact 1.1mb/s, it took me around 3 hours to download.

Max

Keep getting a 'Unable to Complete Operation' error. Will keep trying................

Would that be:

Unable to complete operation.

Please try again in a few minutes.

(Code=10:4:5:3748:101)

Just guessing... :sigh:

Don't forget to post your character names here, so I can add you to the guild.

Max

You mean there are actually characters in this game! :oooo: I just thought it was a pretty dragon with nice music and technical sounding error messages. ;)

I couldn't get in that world at all so I tried another...and got right in...only prob is I have no idea what one I'm in lol Don't see any menu/option yet that displays it.

My toon is call Pain Inc

I couldn't get in that world at all so I tried another...and got right in...only prob is I have no idea what one I'm in lol Don't see any menu/option yet that displays it.

My toon is call Pain Inc

I got that same message several times. Now I cannot even get that far. Right after hitting Log In, I get:

Unable to connect to a login server. This could be caused by an Internet routing issue.

This just in...

Hey everyone, we have an update for you on World selection and transfers. In order to test transfers and world balance, from Friday, April 27 at 15:00 PDT to Saturday, April 28 at 18:00 PDT, players will have free and unrestricted World transfers. ~RB2

from

Stuff it, purchased and waiting for game key...is there anything I can download before hand whilst waiting?

I'll just have to work twice as hard on homework this weekend...

Edit: No matter, following through it all now...

Edit 2: Yay...now sitting on a ~24 hour download...

Well the transfer world part doesn't seem to work...at least for me....couldn't even tell what world I was in though I could see what one Flooxim was on.

Just got kicked out of game....really have no clue what I'm doing and after Sacred the button/mouse commands are very unfamiliar. Would sign back on but had a looong day at work and got to head in early tomorrow for a little bit. I should be back on in the afternoon (US east coast time (-4 gmt))

Your problems were really weird, I hope it will be fixed soon.

I just killed my character while jumping from too high. I think I won't do it again lol.

Max

OK, so I have been reading around online and it seems the 10:4:5:3748:101 error when picking a home server means that server is full. Looks like we picked a popular home server. If I manage to get connected again, I am just going to pick a different server and see if I can get past that point and into the game. :(

Edit:

So I got connected up alright now. I tried Eternal Grove several times but always got that same error. Finally gave up an picked one of the NA servers with the least amount of people. Since they are apparently giving one free server hop, maybe we should all jump to one of the less populated servers.

Character: Lujate Justine -- Human Mesmer

Server: Moledune

lol lujate. You must be thinking of a different game. *cough cough* lol Don't worry, you'll be safe from that in GW land. :3lmao:

Is it character name or account name Max? So far I've made a GW2 ID and another name after that for I don't know what but since I haven't gotten into the game yet did I then create a log in name for the site and then an account name for the game but which I haven't made a character name which is what you're needing? ... Oh gosh... Oh no. I think I may have just confused myself into this paper bag I can't figure my way out of. Help?

Just wanna be sure I go looking for the right thing. :happy:

Glad you all are giving it a go and I hope to catch you's by tomorrow!

Looks like they are taking the servers down for 30 minutes, so I am going to call it a night. Just before I logged out, I swear my character was swinging her sword at things floating on the breeze. :crazy:

I snapped a couple of pics of the server lists, showing the least populated servers. (Even on one of the least populated NA servers, I spent most of my time on an overflow server).

eqs6y9.jpg

jfvo94.jpg

Only came away with a couple screenshots. I was just too busy trying to figure out what in the world was going on (and to stay alive) to take a lot of pics.

2yoochc.jpg

1ze9wcx.jpg