Guild Wars 2 open beta this weekend - April 27th thru 29th

Are you guys allowed to try out all the classes? I just woke up and getting ready to head back to work :cry: Thanks for posting up all this info, I feel like I'm there a bit heh I think Schot spent a late night time last night downloading the client, did you guys manage to hook up?

And overall... how does this game "feel"...does it plod, is it at least refreshing...I know it's just beta, and there's probably thousands of things they have to work on...

:)

gogo

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Are you guys allowed to try out all the classes? I just woke up and getting ready to head back to work :cry: Thanks for posting up all this info, I feel like I'm there a bit heh I think Schot spent a late night time last night downloading the client, did you guys manage to hook up?

And overall... how does this game "feel"...does it plod, is it at least refreshing...I know it's just beta, and there's probably thousands of things they have to work on...

gogo

AFAIK, all the classes are available, but two of the races are not.

From what I have read on the official GW2 forum, players getting together with their friends has been a big issue.

Trying to reserve judgement until I get more stick time.

Is it character name or account name Max?

The name I posted is my character name in-game, which you can use to send me a message with the in-game mail system.

I personally think the game is A-W-E-S-O-M-E. At the moment I like everything from it. Sure I get lag and low fps (20-30), but the game is very fun, and I love the fact that you can join anyone for any event or grind. Very easy to pickup and play. I'm having a good time trying to unlock the weapon skills with the guardian.

Here are a few screens (my game is in French, but you'll understand what's in the screens) :

Playing with dyes

gw22012042717025904.png

At the beginning of the Plains of Ashford

gw22012042720562281.png

The Black Citadel

gw22012042717550138.png

Stuff we can buy with karma at the moment (all ingredients for food)

gw22012042718014266.png

NPC for armor reapir and how much it cost

gw22012042718011543.png

Bank in the Black Citadel

gw22012042718001060.png

Kitchen in the Black Citadel (look all the details)

gw22012042717593249.png

Map of the Black Citadel

gw22012042717534386.png

Map of a portion of Plains of Ashford

gw22012042717525713.png

I'm down! Please help me!

gw22012042717472089.png

A structure like the Pisa tower

gw22012042717320389.png

Map of Lion's Arch

gw22012042718073006.png

Max

omgod, wow, it looks AMAZING. How are you liking that guardian class out max, that's the one I wanted to play...does it's ranged feel good? Lujate, the game took me a few days to get into, and I was coming in very late... u guys are actually breaking ground with the beta, there must be so many issues...but get it all nice and polished up for me please when game finally releases!

gogo

omgod, wow, it looks AMAZING. How are you liking that guardian class out max, that's the one I wanted to play...does it's ranged feel good? Lujate, the game took me a few days to get into, and I was coming in very late... u guys are actually breaking ground with the beta, there must be so many issues...but get it all nice and polished up for me please when game finally releases!

gogo

I like the class, it can tank a bit, offer support, and deal decent damage. I'm trying to unlock the skill with all the weapons now, but for the moment, I prefer Sword+Shield. Scepter is looking good too.

I've just been kicked out from the server, while trying to show lujate how to use the party chat.

EDIT : Here's a video on how to use the party chat :

EDIT 2 : If the video is not clear enough, here's an image showing how to switch channels :

gw2partychat.png

Max

Edited by Flooxim

I made it Lion's Arch and started taking pics. Game froze, and asked for a bug report. Figured I would post the pics while I reloaded. The first is from before Lion's Arch.

kds409.jpg

2mg44sn.jpg

24yagrd.jpg

j8350k.jpg

1zqzq6o.jpg

m7exkj.jpg

max, that video you made is just so genius... so fast and very useful, even the image guide... Can you set it up on it's own topic here with a title indicating it as a party chat guide/reference for guild wars 2, this can help other players if it's distinguished that way. Lujate, thanks for even more pix, the environments are just as lush as ever.

gogo

Guess what? We finally got to meet in-game :

gw22012042812264928.png

We're in the Moledune server (Taupedune in French), if anyone wants to join us.

Max

Edited by Flooxim

I can't view any of the imageshack images. Even the download banners at the top of the page are blocked... any ideas? Should I register at imageshack?

I would check your JavaScript settings in your browser. I am not registered at imageshack and I can see them.

Flooxim and I are on the Moledune home server BTW. (The name's different in other languages).

Edit:

More pics from Lion's Arch:

10ns651.jpg

27ypohe.jpg

4q2xic.jpg

Epic combat:

2yxqbg8.jpg

2q9ci2v.jpg

2rgp56x.jpg

(The light blue icons over the names mean that character is Downed.)

15qygyh.jpg

(The view from the ground, saw this quite often.)

ntojm.jpg

I can't view any of the imageshack images. Even the download banners at the top of the page are blocked... any ideas? Should I register at imageshack?

I would check your JavaScript settings in your browser. I am not registered at imageshack and I can see them.

Well I eventually tried registering with imageshack only to find that I already have at some stage in the past... so I signed in and presto! such nice screen shots guys!

such nice screen shots guys!

I'm happy you like it. And Lujate even got our conversation at the big monster fight (Last screenshot). I didn't want to go melee, I knew I would die, that's what I said this in-game. He kept being defeated, so after all his gear got damaged, the gear was not effective anymore.

So he fought this monster barefeet and with no skirt.

We had a fun time there.

Max

Edited by Flooxim

Sure! Just point out the fact I finished the DE in my underwear. :o

Never thought we could fight in underwear, I'm not a big fan of that. I prefer big and shiny armor.

Max

Since they seem to be having some technical difficulties, figure I will pass the time by posting some more pics. Only have two this time.

Flooxim reveals his true form:

sxbpky.jpg

A really big statue:

63vi9i.jpg

Since they seem to be having some technical difficulties, figure I will pass the time by posting some more pics. Only have two this time.

I confirm that we're still unable to connect to the game. But at least ArenaNet made an official post on facebook : LINK

My character can morph into several things, including this :

gw22012042815362610.png

Max

ArenaNet is big into social media and likes to make announcements via Twitter. If you are like me and not into the whole Twitter thing, you can view their tweets in your browser. Twitter's standards for content are much lower than ours here, so I will not post a link, but you should be able to find it easily enough with Google.

Good question. Looks like Flooxim and Knuckles are not online. Those are the only other people in the guild so far. What is Schot's Player Name? Not sure if I can figure out how to find him, but I will give it a try.