Guild Wars 2 open beta this weekend - April 27th thru 29th

The devs said it would be roughly once a month...though it could be less frequent. They haven't announced any actual dates yet.

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was lucky enough to find 3 banners the entire weekend all on my last day. they gave you skills on the skill bar and mostly were to help your entire party, don't remember exactly what. I had seen them several times over the weekend, but wasn't till the last day I thought about picking one up.

Really useful article, thanks a lot for sharing it!

I has a good time reading it, and it will help a lot of us during the next beta weekend.

Max

After being away from the BWE for a week I can look back without the excitement generated by playing GW2. I was only able to play about 30 :Just_Cuz_21: or so hours because the wife kept coming into my dungeon to see if I was still alive.

Impressions. (Your milage may and should vary) While I took a quick look at the Norm and Charr formats I ended up going with humans. Norm was just too massive and I hated the way the Charr walked/ran. I am looking forward to see the models used for the Asura and Sylvari maybe they will fix me better.

I tried the Warrior and Guardian but my play style does not suit them. I like distance when possible.

I skipped the Mesmer since I did not care for that profession in GW1. I also did not run a thief, in our old D&D games I was usually a lawful good - just not the style of a thief.

I liked the other four professions while I did not get any one of my character above level 11, I was starting to get a feel for the professions. While I love the Ranger, I think the Elementalist has a good shot at being massive killer. I was attempting to get a feel for all the different skills, wow need a great deal more time to do that. I was a little worried that with the skills being defined by the weapon combinations would be very limiting - I usual I was massively wrong. Man I need more time with this game.

Praying for another BWE in the near future. This time I will attempt to get on the correct server and search the world for you folks. :bye:

Wygram (Death Fangs Bane)

Edited by Wygram

Wygram, hopefully they will have guesting working so you can meet up with guild in the next beta. Or, if they wipe our accounts, we would all be able to choose a home server again.

ahahah Max, that video of the magician was just awesome! I remember watching that when I was doing the quest, I loved how easily and quickly I was able to get pulled in this game's story writing. I'm back from some time away gettting stuff done for my vacation, it was a pleasure reading your beautiful detailed write up of your experience with the game, I'm psyched to get lost in fantasy when I this game is released, now just have to pick a class.

Pic of Knuckles sleeping... what again?!

:P

gogo

P.s. Wygram , what did you think of the Necromancer...I adore the class :bounce:

p.s.s. Didn't know anything about those banners... so many surprises in this game

P.s. Wygram , what did you think of the Necromancer...I adore the class :bounce:

p.s.s. Didn't know anything about those banners... so many surprises in this game

I only had time to get up to a level 3, but it is one of the types I want to explore more in the beta. Seems to be interesting, I actually wonder if it can go minion master style like in GW1. I never really looked into that style very much before.

I am really in love with the game regardless of the warts, even if I have not experienced much in the way of warts. I really have to get a new video board my GTX 260 is starting to show its age, looking at an GTX 570. My CPU is still somewhat valid I7 920, that may have to be replaced next year if I can talk the wife into it. It used to be easy, to get new stuff but the charming does not work after 34 years of marriage she is wise to me. :heart:

I found an AMAZING deal for a video card just a few weeks back when mine fizzled. We found an unbelievably useful, and accurate dbase that compared all the cards with prices, and everything with ratings, and super comprehensive, cards going back years...I'm gonna see if I can pull up that site, I'll make a topic about it, I figger others will probably need cards too... I know I need ram... is there anyone here that is able to run the game at all full spex?

:)

gogo

is there anyone here that is able to run the game at all full spex?

Not me. I put together a new PC just last month (http://darkmatters.org/forums/index.php?/topic/20313-opinions-wanted-on-my-pc-to-be/) and I had to run on minimum settings to keep the FPS at an acceptable level for Dynamic Events. As I understand it, that beta build was not really utilizing your graphics card and was forcing your CPU to do most of that work. Also, I have read that Windows was running the game at a low priority (personally, I did not even know that Windows could run processes at different priorities).

Bumping this topic to ask if anyone here had time to test PvP. If you had time, tell us how it was, and if you liked it.

I didn't play PvP during that weekend, I'm not that much into PvP, I prefer PvE by a lot.

Max

Bumping this topic to ask if anyone here had time to test PvP. If you had time, tell us how it was, and if you liked it.

I didn't play PvP during that weekend, I'm not that much into PvP, I prefer PvE by a lot.

Max

I have never had any interest in PvP. WvW does sound intriguing though...

I found a great video showing a great dynamic event that is located where we've been playing in the norn area :

I hope to be part of this event someday.

Max