Guild Name Ideas

From their FAQ section

Will I be able to reserve character and guild names during the Headstart Access?

Yes, players who have Headstart Access will be able to claim character and guild names that will carry over when Guild Wars 2 goes live. Players who pre-purchase and receive three-day Headstart Access will have an advantage in choosing character and guild names over players who pre-order and receive one-day Headstart Access.

Just figured we might as well start discussing this as I'd like the guild name/captains to be all set for the 'Headstart' portion of the game. As far as I know this will supported on the forum as a Tier 2 game, meaning the guild name will have Dark in it but must also contain another word/phrase. So something like "In the Dark" or "Dark Brotherhood" etc.

From our Requirements for New Tier 2 Gaming Clans at Darkmatters thread

2- The choice of a Game Captain is made clear. This person will be the official liaison between the Tier 2 Clan and the admins here at FDM.

3- The name of the clan uses the word Dark as part of it's clan name. (The use of just Dark or D.a.r.k as a clan name is not permitted so as not to have a Tier 2 Clan confused for an officially sponsored gaming clan here at FDM.)

I don't know how GW2 guilds will work and have no idea how they worked in GW1. But it looks like we need to decide the Guild Captains or Managers or however they're named. That and get a Guild Name going. This way when the 'Headstart' portion of the game commences we can grab our desired name ASAP before there's a chance of someone else taking it before us.

I'm available for the moderation in the forums but I'm just to busy to even think about being a Guild officer or anything - so no write-ins please lol. So anyways just figured we'd get the ball rolling on this :D

Good idea to bring this up Knuckles.

For the Guild name, in Guild Wars 1, the guild was named "The Fellowship of Darkmatters". I don't see why we shouldn't keep the same name.

And you are right, there are guild officers in the game (at least in GW1). For a Guild leader, if the Guild system works like the GW1 guild system, either me, you or someone else could officially create the guild to make sure we get the name, and then hand over the lead to whoever wants this power. I know it happened with GW1.

EDIT : I think we should ask the current Guild Wars guild leader (Genenut) her opinion of all this.

Max

Edited by Flooxim

I love the idea of keeping our old name, it's following rules of Tier Two, and will be easy to run. I've sent Genenut a pm asking if she wants to GC (Game Captain) for this, if not, me and/or brad can do it with pleasure!

:)

gogo

• Like! 1

It works for me :) When I dug through the old GW threads I didn't see a mention of a guild name.

And I think Genenut should probably be the defacto captain for GW2 if she's interested. Again I have no idea how active our members were/are in GW. Just trying to make sure we have everything set for the launch. I hate last minute snags or surprises :P

I Googled, "The Fellowship of DarkMatters", this is what came up first on the page.

Thought it may be a good idea to possibly replace "this" with our main page instead? Doing so would direct players the world over to our home page as their first introduction to this epic forum, instead of a profile page.

Would be another great way to direct possible new members.

Just an idea.

I remain, :bye:

• Like! 1

*blushes*

I've love to be guild captain again in GW2. I have my $$ put aside for a copy day one its on the shelves. I'm still slaving away trying to get my achivements. I have a survivor I'm working to get to level 2 (about 65% of the way) along with a few other titles like drunkard and such. Lately I've been hanging out in pre-sear trying to get a survivor level 1 over there... made it to level 10 my last attempt and then a undead ilusionist (vangard mission) took me out :-(

My main's name is Lady Jade Greye if anyone wants to get hooked up with entry in the guildhall of GW1. It is a complete guildhall with all the services, just a very empty one most of the time lately..

I think keeping the guild name the same would be great.

I would also like to find some active players for guild officers with me. My eldest is a junior in high school now so this summer and fall we will be taking the college road trips to check out colleges so having back up in game to help out would be great :-) (not to mention with 2 kids and full time jobs LOTNR and I cant be in game 12-14 hours a day everyday, real life can be a drag sometimes ;-) )

Cant wait to play with you guys (and gals) again .! :drool::bounce::drinks::BlobRed::cow_white::woot:

I'll start working on Ari :whip: see if she will be playing also.... ;-)

• Like! 1

I vote for Genenut as Guild Captain. There's just one thing that bothers me though...

Genenut said she would get the game on day one. The ones who pre-purchased the game will have access to the game three days before her. So I guess we'll have to do like I said in another post :

if the Guild system works like the GW1 guild system, either me, you or someone else could officially create the guild to make sure we get the name, and then hand over the lead to whoever wants this power.

We'll have to create the Guild right when we have access to the game and then promote Genenut (or whoever wants to lead) to Guild Captain when he/she gets access to the game.

Max

Dawn, me and brad can be your loyal officers, this way we can work with some forum adminning and with ingame with you for the clan as well.

Question... is the old guild wars clan set up gonna be automatically spawned within guild wars 2? Does anything new actually have to be done, or, as refered to by Max, will someone who starts up beta this weekend have to "save" Fellowship of DarkMatters for us all?

gogo

I don't think that "Fellowship of DarkMatters" will be swiped before we can react at release? But pre-order players have access to the servers a few days before actual release date, not true?

I agree the chances that our clan name will be swiped before release time is probably slim however if the guilds are like in GW1 there is a gold requirement to set up a guild that means some dedicated grinding in the beginning to have the required cashola to set it up. Any kind of headstart we can make on that prior to official release will only make the process go that much faster.

And as to the world we setup on , My feeling is an EU one might be better for 2 reasons. 1) those of us in the US who like to grind and pve find the servers emptier due to the time diference so less lag to deal with and b) for our international players an EU server will have more who a)speak thier language probably and b) will not tell them to speak english in rude and nasty ways every 5 minutes... (which I have seen happen in GW and other MMORPGs located on american servers unfortunately).

From the GW2 wiki (not sure about release though):

In the beta, guild creation only required opening the guild interface, clicking 'Create Guild' and entering the guild name and abbreviation.

I read something similar that said the guild option would be available as soon as you start playing. Don't think there is any requirements for creating guild at all.

I Googled, "The Fellowship of DarkMatters", this is what came up first on the page.

Thought it may be a good idea to possibly replace "this" with our main page instead? Doing so would direct players the world over to our home page as their first introduction to this epic forum, instead of a profile page.

Just an idea.

I read something similar that said the guild option would be available as soon as you start playing. Don't think there is any requirements for creating guild at all.

Any word on guild hall requirements ?

Any word on guild hall requirements ?

Can't find anything concrete searching their website :(

Just an idea.

Search engine placement is tricky business. Not sure if that will be an easy thing to fix.

Regarding guild halls, not sure exactly what they are, but found this on the GW2 wiki:

Guild Halls will not be included in the initial release of Guild Wars 2.

http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Guild

I'm still hoping that when guild halls become available, that those flying ships seen in the background of the Lion's Arch screenies can be purchased as a guild hall! But thos of you in the Beta this weekend should perhaps go get us some nice screenies of 'em ships :pirate:

Etherian, I'd love for our page to show up as you indicated, but google makes it so hard to get placings on their search engine, it's a trick worth millions if anyone can get that going. Re requirements for guild halls, it cost quite a bit of gold for the last one from the early game, I can't seen them wiping out the halls for the second part here, but if they do, it's a fun thing to save for and gives some value to when our entire online GW family gets it.

Yes, Scleameth, I am wholly for the airships possible to actually have a guild hall on an air ship? maybe, maybe ... :P

... can't wait!

gogo

• 2 months later...

In beta, we used:

Guild: The Fellowship Of Darkmatters

Tag: [FDM]

Does that work for everyone?

As long as the Guild Name can fit that many characters (I assume it already can), then that looks perfect :thumbsup: