New Players and the CM Patch

I am a complete newb to Sacred, but I just bought Sacred 2 Gold since this is a genre that I usually enjoy (Diablo 1/2, Titan's Quest, Dungeon Siege 1/2/3, Torchlight, etc.)

Is it recommended that new single players always use the CM patch? I.e. do the bug fixes outweigh the gameplay changes and/or are the gameplay changes sufficiently minor as not to detract from an enjoyable first play through? (Changelog notes like "added new feature: sigils" and "buffed bosses" scare me a little ;) ...) Are any known newly introduced bugs unlikely to be game breaking?

Or, conversely, is the CM patch really intended for experience players looking for more challenge?

Or, conversely, is the CM patch really intended for experience players looking for more challenge?

It was designed to have something for everyone. Experienced pros will find some new bosses that provide a challenge, but that is really a very minor part of the CM. We did not put those into the path of the main storyline, not to discourage casual or new players as yourself. ;)

In point of bugfixing, I highly recomend playing with the CM patch installed, as Marcus got rid of most quest related problems that were the most tedius and annoying. (Failed Quests even if you succeeded, broken chainquests and such things.)

Have fun playing Sacred 2. :)

Edited by czevak

I am a complete newb to Sacred, but I just bought Sacred 2 Gold since this is a genre that I usually enjoy (Diablo 1/2, Titan's Quest, Dungeon Siege 1/2/3, Torchlight, etc.)

Is it recommended that new single players always use the CM patch? I.e. do the bug fixes outweigh the gameplay changes and/or are the gameplay changes sufficiently minor as not to detract from an enjoyable first play through? (Changelog notes like "added new feature: sigils" and "buffed bosses" scare me a little ;) ...) Are any known newly introduced bugs unlikely to be game breaking?

Welcome aboard! I say go for the CM patch. The bug fixes and new goodies are too nice not to.

Hi DryHumour,

The CMPatch was all about that DLC everyone felt Sacred 2 could have, and adds a great level of new content with weapons, bosses, quests, it's like a brand new extra game addition for free^^

and glad you found us, welcome to DarkMatters!

:)

gogo

Getting back to vanilla Ice and Blood after trying the CM patch? No way man...almost too much good stuff to go back... :thumbsup:

IMHO, Closed Net was the only reason not to run the CM patch. Now that Closed is gone, no reason at all.

I'd ALMOST go as far as saying the CM Patch makes Ice and Blood what Ascaron would have done, had they been able to hang around a bit longer instead of going belly up when they did. Of course, we'll never quite know exactly what they would have done.. Who knows.. Had they managed to stay afloat, there may have been a 2nd expansion.. Or perhaps even Sacred 3 might have already been on the shelves at a store near you.

Sigils and new sets ... double combat art radius , tangled vine build for a dryad, dragon mages having a dragon strike affecting whole screen, lot of new builds possible...

Or a Captain America build, SW now have a x% lifeleech set and a shield bashing build is possible...