Blizzard Downloader now available

Just checked account and found I could download the digital version of the game now. It's 7.6Gb

So for those of you playing and have a slow(er) internet this should give you ample time to get the game downloaded before the 15th :)

Just log into Battle.net and go to Download Game Clients (on right under 'Add Games') and click on Diablo III and you should be able to download :)

Edit: Just finished downloading it. The installer will appear to stop responding when you reach 100% of the download. Don't close the installer! It is running some clean-up and will continue after possibly several minutes. Eventually it'll close on it's own and you should see another screen come up with the option to 'Install'. This is as far as you can go until the the 15th. If you click on install it'll say you have to wait :(

I am old fashioned and like to have a hard copy of the game in my hands. I know that you have to be online to do anything with Diablo 3, but it is the way my mind works. Since I am in the midwest I think that I will have to wait until 2 AM local time before the servers come online anyway. I figure that I will get a chance to install the game fromm the disc, download the patch, get frustrated that I can not get into a game, and then watch Blizzard's servers crash and burn with how many others are trying to get online also. A darn shame that there will not be a single player version of this game.

I'm actually getting both :Just_Cuz_21:

Can't wait til the CE version gets here so got a digital version too. Been waiting 12 years for this game and can't wait even one more day if I don't have to. I'll probably make one a mule/max artisan account. I will obviously will help out any forum member once I get it going.

I am old fashioned and like to have a hard copy of the game in my hands. I know that you have to be online to do anything with Diablo 3, but it is the way my mind works. Since I am in the midwest I think that I will have to wait until 2 AM local time before the servers come online anyway. I figure that I will get a chance to install the game fromm the disc, download the patch, get frustrated that I can not get into a game, and then watch Blizzard's servers crash and burn with how many others are trying to get online also. A darn shame that there will not be a single player version of this game.

Same here. I'm sitting here thinking how cool it would be to just load this game onto my computer and start playing it right now without having to go through all the online hoopla. Now I could understand if Diablo and Diablo 2 were originally online-only games, but the fact of the matter is they were meant to be played either way. Making Diablo 3 online-only is like a slap in the face. It doesn't matter that you can still play single player, it's the fact that the servers are going to be bogged down with millions of other excited peeps who want to get in on the online action.

Luckily, there are plenty of other games that don't require internet in order to play. Sacred 2, Torchlight 2, Titan Quest, and Skyrim to name a few. I'm also thinking about going back and playing through Baldur's Gate: Shadows of Amn and Throne of Baal if I can get them to work on Windows 7 64-bit.

I might still give Diablo 3 a try in the future, maybe some multiplayer with you guys, but for now I'm gonna wait 'til things mellow out a bit. I do really want to play that Wizard chic!

There are links floating around the web for the D3 installer, so you don't need to have pre-ordered the digital download. You can download it now & then install it on Monday & be ready for Tuesday morning/evening/whenever-you-can-get-to-start-playing... I've downloaded it & I'll be picking up a copy from Game on Tuesday (hoping to have the day off).

Just checked account and found I could download the digital version of the game now. It's 7.6Gb

So for those of you playing and have a slow(er) internet this should give you ample time to get the game downloaded before the 15th :)

Just log into Battle.net and go to Download Game Clients (on right under 'Add Games') and click on Diablo III and you should be able to download :)

Edit: Just finished downloading it. The installer will appear to stop responding when you reach 100% of the download. Don't close the installer! It is running some clean-up and will continue after possibly several minutes. Eventually it'll close on it's own and you should see another screen come up with the option to 'Install'. This is as far as you can go until the the 15th. If you click on install it'll say you have to wait :(

Great heads up Knuckles, thanks, will get this going... did it take long for al lof it?

:)

gogo