What Is a Good Gaming Mouse

biblo

IMO, One that costs as little as possible... then "it" can be the reason you died, and you are completely justified when you smash it to little teeny bits.

Needless to say, I die a lot :o

lol, sjm. I like the way you think. That derned mouse! :D

As for a good gaming mouse biblo; I really like the Logitech M570. I bought it to see if it would reduce forearm pain I was having, which it did. It took a couple of weeks to get used to but thinking about it now I can't imagine going back to a regular mouse. I find it works great for games. No need to worry about a wire impeding your game play or bumping into something on your desk when making large cursor/mouse movements. AA battery lasted over a year before I swapped it out for a rechargeable. I've had this one for a couple years now. I saw it on sale last year and bought a second just in case my first should ever fail. That's how much I like it.

logitech-wireless-trackball-m570.pnge6dpty.png

I use a M570 trackball as well. I got it for the same reason as Schot. Now I would not want to use anything else. It is not too complicated but it does have two extra buttons that can be mapped to game keys.

I got the Death Adder too. Absolutely love it.

I'm thinking about upgrading to the Death Adder whenever my current Logitech mouse breaks. Folks have picked it as #1 for comfort/fit. It also looks cool, and you can get it for under $50 US currency.

Using trackballs for 20+ years now. Currently this:

14779.png

Carpal tunnel syndrom after having my hand broken badly as a kid. Another advantage of a trackball: Can be used easily in a train pressed to upper leg. Same can be done at presentations using a beamer...

Being 194 with a span from hand to hand of 220+centimetres and big hands... Finding a mouse in a fitting size is hard. If it is too small you have pain, same as if would be too big. A good mouse is around 150 euro...

Hand pressed in a plastilin mass, then the mouse it shaped perfectly fittng to your hand size...

Or using a pad where you can lay your hand on:

Mausarm%20Flexible%20Handgelenkauflage%20Maus.jpg

I allways think that is is shortlooked if you spend a hell of money for a fast machine and ignore the way more important interfaces to the human body like keyboard, mouse, monitor...

Anyone knowing a company which sells same mice but in different length, width and height combinations for the prefect grip? I found one for bycicle components and pain from a 200 kilometre tour in a single day is almost eliminated:

http://www.sq-lab.com/content/view/448/377/lang,en/

I read a post on hear a few days ago and saw a picture of a mouse with like a mini keyboard above the right and left click button.

I am getting diablo 3 and thinking that those buttons for shortcut keys would be nice.

Thank you it is the second one. what you think about it. I looked on there and can't find a right handed version of that mouse.

Edited by biblo

Thank you it is the second one. what you think about it. I looked on there and can't find a right handed version of that mouse.

oh I figured it out that isn't a mouse that is a keyboard. so get both of those and I will be set.

I like the razor naga. I prefer to have 7 or 8 buttons on my mouse and it was hard to find one with more than 6 other than the naga. I had to check it out in person first because I was worried it would be huge, it isn't. I only use about 7 of the 12 buttons on the side. Sometime the middle ones are hard to find quickly.

razer-naga-gallery2.jpg

If you don't need the buttons, go with the razor above. The ability to tweak the sensitivity settings on the naga mice are awesome and second to none.

Edited by kriv

those premium mousies look incredible. I wish my mouses would last, but they seem to always wear out...my last one had the paint coming off the fire button. These days it's usually whatever I can get me hands on for less than 25.00, hopefully wired.

:)

gogo

im still hooked up on my Logitech Mx510 best fit for my giant monster paw of a hand :D had a razor copperhead gave me hand pain so switch back again

Edited by Epox

I'm using one of these and loving it so far although it does take some learning to find the button positions.

http://www.corsair.com/vengeance-m90-performance-mmo-rts-laser-gaming-mouse.html

Corsair are having problems with the software and not everybody can use the mouse with the current beta version. Thankfully it works well for me.

Another mouse that I can recommend is the previous one I had http://www.roccat.org/Products/Gaming-Mice/ROCCAT-Kone-/

I had the Kone, not the Kone+ and it was awesome for around two years until I wore it out :whistle:

• 2 months later...

im still hooked up on my Logitech Mx510 best fit for my giant monster paw of a hand :D had a razor copperhead gave me hand pain so switch back again

Hey Epox, I just tried out this mouse today at the store then went online to order it. Absolutely love the fit in my hand and the two extra buttons are sure to come in handy. Was trying to decide between this one and the m570 schot and lujate were a fan of, but I had a hard time getting used to using a trackball. Sorry guys :P

Hey Epox, I just tried out this mouse today at the store then went online to order it. Absolutely love the fit in my hand and the two extra buttons are sure to come in handy. Was trying to decide between this one and the m570 schot and lujate were a fan of, but I had a hard time getting used to using a trackball. Sorry guys :P

I guess I should say that right now, I am using a Naga Hex mouse instead of the M570. I just needed more buttons for GW2. It was wrist pain that forced me to the trackball in the first place. I have rearranged my desk, and so far so good.