The new Sacred 2 CM patch - Now available for Ice & Blood

Keep up the great work! I'm looking forward to playing the patch. Right now I have to finish up the empty office quest, and the blood forest quests from Ice & Blood, and then I would have completed all quests available as of 2.65.2.

Errr, yes and no. To unlock the quests and items is not language-dependent, that's why the cm-patch works with other versions than the german one in the first place. But when it comes to the questbook, dialogs and descriptions, we're stuck. There's the "locale"-folder inside the Sacred2-installation with a few descriptions in plain text, but the main database global.res is kind of encrypted. That's where our possibilities end.

So, if I got it right, the unlocked quests are playable - but those of us playing the non-German version of the game won't see any dialogue, and the questlog remains empty as well. :thumbsup: If that's the truth, could you tell the starting locations of all the quests you have unlocked in the recent patch, and update the list when the new version (0080) is ready? I don't want to accidentally click a quest giver, who doesn't have anything to say. I am not playing Sacred 2 just for the items...

Can we get an announcement when the new patch is released, instead of having to look in here every few days to see if Version 80 is out yet. I can't play until the bug associated with last boss in Dryad region is sorted out, I don't want a 1 hit kill.

As soon as we release the next version, you'll get the information here asap, promised.

CU Marcus

Thanks, I meant more along lines of Admin here making it obvious that it is released, by putting an announcement at top of the forums.

As soon as we release the next version, you'll get the information here asap, promised.

CU Marcus

Thanks, I meant more along lines of Admin here making it obvious that it is released, by putting an announcement at top of the forums.

That is not up to us, but a task for Shot or the Mods here. I would gladly send them a PN once we upped the next release, so they can announce it if they choose to do so.

Translation from the german forum:

Version 0078 is available to the testers in the office

The changes this time are not limited to a few specific quests, but may also have unwanted side effects elsewhere. I have therefore created a note http://www.frankrentmeister.info/fengoffic...=view&id=31 and noticed from my point of view with quests may be affected and where special attention should be paid at.

To all testers:

Please take your time to look at these quests and a few similar ones. Also have an eye from time to time for the questlog. Don't forget to save and load, because there also may happen something unusual depending on queststate. It will take some more time until the release of the V0080, and we will need this to test this pre-version.

Statechart from Mantis:

mantis20100609.png

Happy Testing :D

CU Marcus

Edited by marcuswob

By chance is there a known bug in the swamp with the mist of miasma? I have been playing a Celestial seraphim in SP with CM-patch that has had 2 instant rips. the first I thought was just my laptop over the weekend being too slow for tha graphics of the mist +radiant pillar. But when it happened again tonight on my game system I started wondering

in both rips I was standing in the middle of the mist with battle stance and Cleansing brilliance going and spamming Radiant pillar. Then all of a sudden ,down I go with not even a flash of red on the screen. Both were on Silver at about level 70ish.

I know it does some magic and ice damage, but the only time I have ever seen damage from it is on Niob with my level 75 Perma-veiled camp runner.

Curious, darn thing is keepin me from finishing my test run of a new character. I don't think its my build as I have very high chance to evade, chance to reflect CA, chance to reflect CC, and course the 2 buffs. plus mitigation and unique ice, magic, poison relics. armor lore is at level.

Puzzled

Yes I know he is somewhat too tough in 0070. I think I already reduced his spelldamage again for 0080, but I will re-check it to be on the safe side.

(I tried to fix the observation you just stated, him being absolutely useless/laughable at lower difficulties and admittedly have shot over some boundaries...this is tricky stuff, and by then I knew not half of what I know today about the spells and their tokens.)

had the same thing happen with my dryad :sweating: another odd thing is that movement and attack speeds were reduced to 50%.......and stayed in effect after the battle and entering the desert. exiting the game completely and restarting fixed it.

had the same thing happen with my dryad :sweating: another odd thing is that movement and attack speeds were reduced to 50%.......and stayed in effect after the battle and entering the desert. exiting the game completely and restarting fixed it.

Thank you, I found a wrong duration in a spell the mist apparently nearly never really used before I tweaked him. (I did not alter anything on this one, but apparently exactly this was the problem. ;) )

Edited by czevak

Hi there!

I'm new to this whole CM patch bussiness. I have a little problem.

I just downloaded version 0.70, and it says sacred 2 cannot be found.

I have Ice and blood version 2.65.1, and no current mods.

Scriptcleaner can't even find my installation...

Edited by FlyingFox89
Scriptcleaner can't even find my installation...

Well then,

try installing the "Sacred2 Launcher" from http://forum.sacred-game.com/showthread.php?t=70989.

You can also download this tool here: http://rapidshare.com/files/394574190/Sacred2Launcher.zip

When started this tiny program shows the installation path, version and language setting of sacred2 from the registry. Please verify that all settings are correct and sacred2 is really installed where the registry key points to. You can also try to start the Game with the "Launch!"-Button. This will do only if the registry values are correct.

CU Marcus

Works like a charm. Thanks.

One little observation I made, personal preferance as it may be:

If possible, I think It'd be cooler if dual wielding the fist weapons still used the unarmed animations. I mean the default dual wielding animations of standard attack, pelting strikes, and soul hammer look great, but it'd just feel more unique if it where unarmed animations.

Thanks again!

Thank you, I found a wrong duration in a spell the mist apparently nearly never really used before I tweaked him. (I did not alter anything on this one, but apparently exactly this was the problem. :drinks: )

that's a relief, I thought at first it was my video card lagging until I noticed everything else was moving normally.

does the CM patch remove the undead legion quest ? because the npc seems to be missing when I go to his location ...

Fantastic work being done with this CM-Patch work development, I certainly hope all agree with that. Anyways I had a similar problem when I went to do this quest.

System PC, Version Ice&Blood 2.65.1

I don't think it is "hiding it" just not allowing it to activate. Two days ago I also decided to go do it for the experience, nah actually the "Bone Slicer" :P and found the NPC that initiated the quest missing. Hmmm I thought better check this out might be me the character or the patch at work.

Used 3 characters all Gold level, Two being shadow warriors and 1 of these was created prior to I & B the other an Elf Mage.

Ok none could get it with CM-Patch running, patch deactivated all three could initiate it. The 3 that I have initiated the quest with the CM-Patch deactivated I am now going to try activating the patch part way through the quest and see what happens.

Yes the quest continues once you have restarted the CM-Patch it and remains activated.

Edited by Groosum
The "Undead Legion" quest is still available, but there's one small quest you have to solve before. This prequest was originally deactivated.

CU Marcus

Marcus please do tell as this is an important quest for some and item of course :) and many knew about the "Undead Legion" quest previously but not how under the corrections with the patch.

Just a thought

Good things come to those who explore apparently.

Very True :thumbsup:

Anyway. You need to go to the Clearview military camp first. There you will be told to go check up on the NPC at the inn. Everything else should be as usual.

Many Thanks appreciated by myself and many others I'm sure.

Version 0080 is up!

As always look for it in the first post of this Thread.

Changelog (besides Quests):

• Scarabs have correct attack and defense values now.
  • Elite-Coboldhunters give correct amount of experience.
  • Pandamoniums Pride: fixed wrong bonus of helmet, switched setboni for 3 and 8 pieces.
  • White Griffon and Facetteleon got reset to orginial state (One-Hits).
  • Middle and Large Healing-Potion can be bought at the traders; they heal and stack now properly.
  • Reduced the number and improved the quality of shields at traders.
  • Removed stray Enemies in unaccessible regions.
  • Weakened the Envoy of Death Boss of the Quest "The Lost Crypt".
  • Defense Bonus of Endijians Wings is now correctly based on Shieldlore.
  • Adornments of the Ancestors (HE) now has LL%.
  • Problem of paralyzed toons with Gar'Colossus, Scorpion, Khral, Carnach, Octagolamus and some others has been fixed.
  • HE: Duration of "Raging Nimbus" now extends with Level.
  • Dryad: "Tangled Vine" got slightly hinger Basedamage. Life reg of "Goldenglade Touch" has been slightly reduced.
  • Reactivated death animation of all Bosses.
  • Amended wrong dropchances of some Set Items.
  • Complete makeover of Gar'Colossus. His CAs now work properly for the first time ever. Added a little gimmick. Have Fun. :D
  • Fixed an animationproblem of the DM when wielding a 2H Sword and casting Morph-Spells.
  • Fixed mysterious One-Hits in Crystal Planes between 2nd and 4th Soulstone.
  • Fixed an exploit with Drayd and Dragonmage.
  • With the implementation of the new Boss "Failitia", all shrinkheads can finally drop ingame.
  • Traps at the Big Machine and in the Crystal Planes now give experience.
  • Accidentally buffed Enemies in 0070 have been reverted to original state.

Edited by czevak

A couple of questions before I apply the patch. First: I don't need to start the game all over, after I have applied the new version, right? :D Second: Is there any chance that the new patch version might "break" quests (original, untouched or those fixed by v0070) that I have already taken, but which haven't been completed yet? Just asking. I've had my fair share of issues with this game already... :D

Just to explain the reason behind my first question: I applied the CM patch before I started playing Sacred 2 the first time.

By the way, what do you mean with resetting White Griffin "to original state"? I am asking this, because the damn beast killed my level 35 Seraphim just like that a couple of days ago. I tried to defeat the King of the Skies the first time when my character was at level ~15 or so - and got my ass kicked big time. I thought I was ready for a rematch; I had all kind of nice gear, set items and uniques, good relics etc. But all in vain. White Griffin 2, Seraphim 0... :)

Edited by neuromantik
A couple of questions before I apply the patch. First: I don't need to start the game all over, after I have applied the new version, right? :D Second: Is there any chance that the new patch version might "break" quests (original, untouched or those fixed by v0070) that I have already taken, but which haven't been completed yet? Just asking. I've had my fair share of issues with this game already... :D

Just to explain the reason behind my first question: I applied the CM patch before I started playing Sacred 2 the first time.

First off: We never had any issues with the abovementioned so far. Simply remove the old cm-patch with the disabler and enable the new version.

We can never be 100% sure on the queststates, since they are sometimes troublesome and marcus changed a lot with this release (most of which is tested). However Marcus will happily fix anything that gets broken. Isn't that so marcus? :)

You can make a backup of your savegames to be on the absolute safe side. (Then you can try the cm patch and remove it again if any gamebreaker Questissue shows up. Copy'n'Paste back your backup and you can play like nothing happened. But I doubt you will need it.)