The new Sacred 2 CM patch - Now available for Ice & Blood

ok thanks for files ....

my friend send 1 but he got only graphics10 ( I think it is not patched but at least now all look working )

but what is with persector.zip do I really need it ?

my friend send 1 but he got only graphics10 ( I think it is not patched but at least now all look working )

Well, guess why we patched that file...

Remember: You're now running a mixture of different versions, so you won't be able to disable the cm-patch correctly, neither to install the next one.

CU Marcus

Hey there CM team, love the work you guys have done. I know you guys are trying to work on game breaking things like the bugs and quests, but if anyone has any way to edit existing character sets, the Shadow Warrior's Lucreti's Belt really looks like a diaper :heart: I think the issue is that it just needs to be shrunk a tad. Once again, nice work :heart:

Hey there CM team, love the work you guys have done. I know you guys are trying to work on game breaking things like the bugs and quests, but if anyone has any way to edit existing character sets, the Shadow Warrior's Lucreti's Belt really looks like a diaper :heart: I think the issue is that it just needs to be shrunk a tad. Once again, nice work :heart:

Sorry, there is no way to edit the 3D meshes of the Items or Characters without the actual customized ascaron developer toolkit. (Custom coded Granny 3D)

Btw: Found out why Failitias Dungeon did not appear when you visited the Grunwald Dragon. I got the POI identifiers messed up with the swamp dragon. (DrachenhortA and DrachenhortC, how to tell which one? :chef: )

So this release you have to slay the Swamp Dragon in order to see the beautiful icon I made for Failitia. It will be the Grunwald one in the next release. ;)

Edited by czevak

Hello DarkMatters community! (First post, can't you tell?)

I've read this entire thread and I'm quite impressed and excited about this community patch, but have one major question before I install it. My friend got me to look into Sacred as a possible filler until Diablo 3 comes out, so I tried it and I loved it. We plan on getting a few of us together on a private game (probably LAN) and painstakingly staying on the exact same quest path. So, my question is: Does this patch work with all play modes in Sacred 2 (except the closed net, of course)? And to follow that question, do all players in the game have to have the patch?

Does this patch work with all play modes in Sacred 2 (except the closed net, of course)?

And to follow that question, do all players in the game have to have the patch?

Yes (I've checked this a few moments ago, but we usually edit and test in singleplayer mode)

and yes (some files are validated when the session starts).

CU Marcus

Edited by marcuswob
Does this patch work with all play modes in Sacred 2 (except the closed net, of course)?

And to follow that question, do all players in the game have to have the patch?

Yes (I've checked this a few moments ago, but we usually edit and test in singleplayer mode)

and yes (some files are validated when the session starts).

CU Marcus

Hi, I'm not a modder and the person I'm quoting here knows more than myself but I will add a little extra from the "User" perspective of this Mod in both SP and LAN. I play with a good friend of mine locally in the same town, and it works brilliantly.

A/ All installed versions of the CM mod need to be identical. I mean that when the Mod is run on each machine to patch it all versions of sacred need to be the same and all the files in the script folder within sacred itself need to be the original files. Once CM patch has run without any errors showing you can then do other things if you so wish but like wise these should be the same on each machine.

As an addition to the above: Should you encounter any problems: Feel free to tell us, so we can help you get rid of them. :4rofl:

@Marcus: Looks like I solved the little problem with Gar'colossus. Seems that I had somewhat corrupted/outdated version of Cis-mod enabled. There was no other troubles with it earlier, so I overlooked it. Will find the latest compatible version of the mod, as I like the graphical overhaul, 'specially with Dryad's armors. ^^

Well, guess why we patched that file...

Remember: You're now running a mixture of different versions, so you won't be able to disable the cm-patch correctly, neither to install the next one.

CU Marcus

strange I downloaded persector.zip and when I tried to put in folder it sayed I already have it .... maybe game somehow repaired herself lol ?

about patch I will not download patches and mods anymore this is not first time when I kill installed game using mods or patches :)

I just was searching for editor :) because I love creating maps and all that stuff :P

anyway thanks ... :)

Seems that I had somewhat corrupted/outdated version of Cis-mod enabled. There was no other troubles with it earlier, so I overlooked it. Will find the latest compatible version of the mod, as I like the graphical overhaul, 'specially with Dryad's armors.

Yes, something like this can happen. That's why mods should be disabled before installing or deinstalling a patch (official or cm).

In general the mods and the cm-patch should work together as far as they don't touch the same files. While our patch edits existing files the mods add new files to the folder, using the search algorithm of sacred2: First the ZIPs, then the filesystem, use last found. This works fine for any kind of graphics and sounds.

But in the case a mod replaces one of the scripts or any kind of "not visible data" this may result in confusion. And, of course, vice versa. We discussed the possibility to add some mods to the patch, but we dropped this very quickly (with one exception).

So my understanding of patch vs. mod is:

Mod: graphic/sound enhancements, fully closednet-compatible

Patch: not clostednet- compatible at all, new/changed content

So our patch is more "common improvement", while mods are individual customisation.

CU Marcus

But in the case a mod replaces one of the scripts or any kind of "not visible data" this may result in confusion. And, of course, vice versa. We discussed the possibility to add some mods to the patch, but we dropped this very quickly (with one exception).

What was the one exception?

That's what I'd like to know too. *puppyeyes* :)

Marcus: Must've been some scripts. You see, I totally forgot to put up comp mod for CM+Cisacred... Now it works just fine. ^^ Was really only my own mistake.:huh:

A quick question as I'm just getting into using the CM Patch...

When it comes time for a newer version of the CM Patch, should I uninstall the old one first, or install the new right on top of it?

A quick question as I'm just getting into using the CM Patch...

When it comes time for a newer version of the CM Patch, should I uninstall the old one first, or install the new right on top of it?

You should uninstall the previous patch first. the reason is that the install makes backups of the original files, so that the game may be restored to original. if you try to install a new patch over a previous patch you may have issues sooner or later. probably sooner

probably sooner

It won't install at all. instead it will start to search for your Sacred 2 Installation on all harddisks, finally displaying a message that Sacred 2 is not installed and kick the proverbial bucket. :)

No, every release depends on a Sacred 2 2.65.x Version in "untouched" state (original installation or the recovered one by use of cm-disable.exe). So it is a good idea to keep the cm-patch files at least until the next release. :D

It won't install at all. instead it will start to search for your Sacred 2 Installation on all harddisks, finally displaying a message that Sacred 2 is not installed and kick the proverbial bucket. :)

No, every release depends on a Sacred 2 2.65.x Version in "untouched" state (original installation or the recovered one by use of cm-disable.exe). So it is a good idea to keep the cm-patch files at least until the next release. ;)

That's what I'm doing now, just wanted to make sure.

Thanks again for all your efforts in the CM Patch.

To make things clear:

Every cm-patch consists of two files, cm-enable.exe and cm-disable.exe. If you have the actual version 0080 installed, you'll have to do the following steps to upgrade to a newer version (if available some day):

1. Run cm-disable.exe from version 0080 (undo all changes done by cm-enable.exe version 0080)

2. Run cm-enable.exe from the new version

CU Marcus

Been playing with the patch installed for a bit now and I can only say, "Wow, you guys are bloody amazing." I wish I could come up with a more eloquent way of thanking you, but that's about all my brain will transmit to my fingers, right now.

Off to go play some more!

Hey got something new I think, or at least I couldn't find anything related. Since the servers were down I played the CM patch again. Using a Dragon Mage, in the Crystal Plains against the crystals them selves the CA Gust of Wind does nothing to the crystals. All other Combat arts work and do damage to them. Is it supposed to be that way? Or is something not right?

Ohh and nice little detail on the few corpses that lay about, we can now click on them and receive loot. Very nice little detail, adds nice bit of flavor.

In the CM patch is it at all possible to make the "sparkles" for hidden places any brighter, with my peepers not being what they should be I tend to miss a lot of these places, and would appreciate it if they could be made to stand out a bit more.

Will the CM-Patch work in Open net?

If so, what does it take to host a successful open net server?

We might be able to get a cool CM freeplay session going.

Let me know if ya figure that out.