The new Sacred 2 CM patch - Now available for Ice & Blood

Some impressions from what is to come:

sacred22010111401424256.th.jpg

CU Marcus

Just one comment regarding the last picture (linked above) - the one with the dog. The word "hydrophobia" or "hydrophobic" refers to a rather nasty disease called Rabies. Reading the text - it doesn't seem the dog was rabid, or needed to be put down - the fate of pretty much any critter found to have the disease in modern veternary medecine. Might want to find a less confusing/conflicting title.

Amazing Custom Patch czevak :)

Can u pl. list the changes that's being made on each new version in OP, to keep a better track what's fixed or added in new version compared to last version.

Also I'll be glad if u can add a detailed map in-game like the Schot's Sacred 2 Wiki map , I found one map mod like this called MapMod_4.0 , but it doesn't includes the Ice & Blood new regions. http://clubs.4gamers.de/forum/viewtopic.php?f=72&t=212

sacred2mapmodpreviewrq9.jpg

I gave it a try and I'm still playing on it.Its nice and cool but one issue though.

I have 104 level barg seraphim with 197 level bargaining,I went shopping ammy's and rings but I was surprised when I noticed that most of the items at merchant are white and blue,very few yellow items.Before cm patch whole merchants inventory was full of yellow items and some blue.I'm aiming usually at + to all skills ammy's and chance that opponents cannot evade/opponent level for deathblow etc. rings but most of the rings and ammy's are white and blue and are useless.

Can you check that somehow ?I think bargaining is weaker in cm patch or its bugged.Anyone got the same issue ?

Hmm, strange that you find such good amounts of quality gear in shops with a level 104 char with 197 bargaining, with my own trader at level 106 with 290+ barg I find mostly blue and lower end items in shop.

So to me it seems that your game was bugged before, and the CM patch corrected that bug...

Hmm, strange that you find such good amounts of quality gear in shops with a level 104 char with 197 bargaining, with my own trader at level 106 with 290+ barg I find mostly blue and lower end items in shop.

So to me it seems that your game was bugged before, and the CM patch corrected that bug...

Hm could be I dunno,I remember finding like mass of amulets +4 to all skills and another modifier or +8 to all skills,I could find a bunch in 30 minutes or less just teleporting from one town to another.

I spent more than hour and I found one amulet that gives +4 to all skills,most of 'em are low quality.

You might be right about bug,I don't know what the deal is really...

Call for translations:

<Sp> spanish:

http://rapidshare.com/files/431238305/Translate_0001_Sp.zip

<Fr> french:

http://rapidshare.com/files/431237808/Translate_0001_Fr.zip

<Ru> russian:

http://rapidshare.com/files/431238244/Translate_0001_Ru.zip

<It> italian:

http://rapidshare.com/files/431237864/Translate_0001_It.zip

Mirror: http://forum.sacred2.de/showthread.php?p=974743#post974743

All these zips contain several files named "New_global<lang>_Create_<something>.txt". <lang> means language, <something> is the german name of the quest or item.

The task is to translate from english to another language. As far as textlines are already present I've copied them to the corresponding language file, but please have a look into the New_globalEn* files if the content matches. Especially "Ader-See" may be confusing. And for "Faust" I recomment a little search for "Goethe" at google or wiki :)

You can edit the lines in the language specific files directly and upload them for us, or - for smaller files - post the content directly.

Thanks to everyone who takes some time for this.

CU Marcus

Edited by marcuswob

I don't know if this is related to the CM patch or not (which I am using), but the Twisted Torment tooltip is showing a weird "tag." I didn't feel it was a serious enough issue to report as a bug, but let me know if this is reproducible or related to the CM patch...thanks.

I think it's the duration, but I don't know why it's showing up so weirdly.

twistedtorment.jpg

Edited by cloudblade70

There was a post by one of the CM Patch developers a couple of weeks ago that talks a bit about those tags:

Well, not directly...

To find missing content faster I've inserted a kind of "default phrase" to the global.res. So everytime in the future (Versions > 0090) you find a statement like "Tag 012346789", please contact us to replace this with a proper translation. In most cases this will be german to english first, but then we have to go for the other languages...

There is a lot of ignored content the german global.res, so simply translating everything would cost us lots of time. This way we'll be translating what's necassary, especially the reactivated quests. "Dark Rituals" can now be seen in the logbook, but it looks funny with all those default tags.

By the way:

The display of the version number of the cm-patch in the main menu is based on a mod from Prinz v.H. for ciSacred.

The import/export tool for the global.res is made by pedro, suppoted by dimitriy. So the developement became international.

CU Marcus

So there's your answer as to what's going on...

Tell me what you think of this:

sacred22010111721134199.th.png

Did you guys make this blind guardian quest (the one about the boy trying to find the blind guardiand concert)? It seems like some of the quest writing is a little disjointed. The rest is good...I like the hitchhikers reference :)

Did you guys make this blind guardian quest (the one about the boy trying to find the blind guardiand concert)? It seems like some of the quest writing is a little disjointed.

That's a kind of frame around those two groupies that already exists. Feel free to send me suggestions or corrections.

How far is this community patch along so far in terms of what you have in mind for the final vision?

What final version?

CU Marcus

Edited by marcuswob
I said vision, not version.

Ah, I see... too early in the morning...

But still there is nothing to be called final. We are playing the game and we are playing with the game. We want to make it as much bug-free as possible and keep it interesting by activating or adding some content.

CU Marcus

Edited by marcuswob

I noticed a bug with ''stuck character''.

Before cm patch it happened only at Ice Phoenix when he drags me with his spell,character just stucks in place,can't attack,can't move,can't cast spells,nothing.Now it happens pretty often,with no particular reason,my char get stucked in a place and the only thing I can do is to leave and re-enter the game cuz creeps can attack me but I can't fight back.

Btw,are there only those 3 SW sets or are there more for other chars,got any screens ?

Hi Marcus,

just wanted to let you know that I'm currently on the translation of the CM patch for the French version (as nobody else seems to be interested in doing it).

I have the 2 sets of phrases.

At MantisBt, issue 0000268, Tag 2044159632, the translation is correct ("Et bien, quelle route, terrien?").

For issue 0000259, tag 1551148002, the translation would be more:

Oui, qu'est-ce-que c'est?<br><br>C'est Floyd qui vous envoie? Oh, je sais ce qu'il me veux. Chaque année c'est la même histoire.<br><br>Aprés tout ça, je dois toujours faire face à Nodo Ping, l'arbitre chamane, alors que Floyd ne sait rien! Bien sûr! Amnésie de Nargutz, vous connaissez? Devinez d'où il tient son surnom, "Dumbutz"!

(logically I already have them translated in one txt file from set 1)

And by the way, there is an issue too with "Lieutenant Riccah" (if I remember well) in Thylysium (Shadow path campaign). I don't know if you have already fixed it.

In fact you must take her with you to do few quests, but if she dies, the quest is well marked "failed" but Riccah will revive indefinitely till the end of the current campaign.

It's very annoying, can you do something please ? or maybe you already did ?

thanks, bye

Edited by desm