The new Sacred 2 CM patch - Now available for Ice & Blood

Edit: as confirmation of my ineptness, I didn't see the previous post until I replied! Unfortunately I still can't find it either in the Program Files or Users folders.

Don't beat yourself up about it. ;)

It should be directly in the Installation folder. I.e. as you stated:

c:\Program Files (x86)\Deep Silver\Sacred 2 - Fallen Angel

so when is the next update maybe sum super rare monster that spawns at night or day?

god if this was a super mod game I love too see the mods on this game.and yet I have still too install the game and the update lol due too fallout newvages takeing up my time with mods n what not.

@ czevak:

In this topic in the wiki section we were discussing new lightsabers. I remember that you wanted to make this kind of weapons willpower-based. That is also what CM-patch log says. But does it really work? Does the character with a low strength and high willpower actually do big damage with the lightsaber? I just thought that you should know that, since you modified these items, and decided to ask.

Edited by Silver_fox
@ czevak:

In this topic in the wiki section we were discussing new lightsabers. I remember that you wanted to make this kind of weapons willpower-based. That is also what CM-patch log says. But does it really work? Does the character with a low strength and high willpower actually do big damage with the lightsaber? I just thought that you should know that, since you modified these items, and decided to ask.

http://www.frankrentmeister.info/mantisbt/view.php?id=386

CU Marcus

Welcome to the forum Vometia. Have I also seen you at TESAlliance?

The people here are great and they will do everything that can to help you.

Anybody with the same name making a fool of themselves over there is purely coincidental. :lol: Thanks for the welcome!

It's still hiding from me. Since I want to move the game to a different disc anyway, I'll get on and do a reinstallation and have another go with the patch. I'll report back however it turns out...

Welcome to the forum Vometia. Have I also seen you at TESAlliance?

The people here are great and they will do everything that can to help you.

Anybody with the same name making a fool of themselves over there is purely coincidental. :lol: Thanks for the welcome!

It's still hiding from me. Since I want to move the game to a different disc anyway, I'll get on and do a reinstallation and have another go with the patch. I'll report back however it turns out...

Good luck Vometia. I hope the second try is successful.

It's been some time since I was last here and it's good to see some new things have happened such as the outlook of the website and updates.

The problem for me is that I have made some changes to the Blueprint.txt and the Balance.txt files, so if I install this patch will it reset all the things I've changed or will it simply fail on install?

It's been some time since I was last here and it's good to see some new things have happened such as the outlook of the website and updates.

The problem for me is that I have made some changes to the Blueprint.txt and the Balance.txt files, so if I install this patch will it reset all the things I've changed or will it simply fail on install?

It will simply fail to install I believe. You can back up the files you have changed if you want to keep them and use the script reset tool that is linked in the first post to restore to the default settings if you can't remember them.

Hi there.

I've toyed with the idea of downloading the CM patch for a little while, and when I saw Gogo's post about the new lightsabre wep, I knew I just had to go for it.

I was a little nervous about downloading it, as I have had some nightmares in the past with downloading stuff..........mostly my own fault, lol !

It all went very well indeed, and was remarkably easy.........even for me.

So, first of all, thanks to all those who put all the work into the patch and sharing with our community.

But, can I make a request, if that is not too cheeky ?

One of the things I downloaded the patch for was for bug fixes. One of the bugs that.....well, bugs me, if you'll pardon the pun, is that even with the Blacksmith skill, you can't remove blacksmith arts from item slots with out selling that item and buying it back.I see that wasn't one of the things fixed in the CM patch, as I just tested it now. Is there any chance of that being done in a future update of the CM patch please ?

Thanks again for giving us all the patch.

Steve. :)

Actually, I'd like to second Steve's request. If that isn't hard-coded or anything. That's been buggin' me too for a while. Honestly I didn't even know that selling it to a vendor removes 'em till like few days ago. xD

Actually, I'd like to second Steve's request. If that isn't hard-coded or anything. That's been buggin' me too for a while. Honestly I didn't even know that selling it to a vendor removes 'em till like few days ago. xD

I strongly suspect this to be a hardcoded "feature", but I can have a look at it.

Is there maybe a version of Sacred 2 when this was once possible before or did this never work?

I think I read sth. swh. about the blacksmith skill merging into the weapon and thus being unable to be removed again, so this might be impossible to do.

czevak: Not that I remember. Though my memory is quite hazy when it comes to the pre-Ice&Blood days...

Luckily it isn't really big annoyance, and the money doesn't matter.

It is on one of those messages you see when game is loading, when teleporting, when going into a cave, etc. Blacksmith arts change the item or something like that so cannot be removed. It probably is hard coded in.

Since I played almost all the versions of Sacred 2 (except the initial not-patched-at-all 2.02), I can say that there was no version where they could be removed. So most likely it is hard-coded. But that trick with selling an item always worked. When you sell an item all the slots are cleaned. It doesn't matter what was in these slots.

Edited by Silver_fox

Aside from discussion, could anybody give me a link to original (not CM-patched) english (en_UK) global.res? I managed to lose mine after experiments with mod-enabler. After installing and uninstalling CM v104 I got original russian global.res (in a completely english version) instead of the english one.

I really have both russian and english versions... but on a different computers! Most probably copying mod-enabler's target MODS folder from one machine to another was a bad idea. I was pretty sure that mod-enabler would make a new backup while activating mod on the english version, but looks like it decided not to do it.

Edited by Silver_fox

Hey there.

Thanks for the info' about the Blacksmith arts. I was hoping that it could be changed, but it's cool that it can't. Like others have said, we can just sell it 'n' buy it back. Not the end of the world. Just means that I can't be quite so lazy !

See ya,

Steve. :)

Sorry for bothering you.

That was not a big deal and surely nothing to bother me, don't worry.

As I'm continously working on the global.res I've got the originals and the modified versions at hand.

CU Marcus

It was, now that I've finally (!) reinstalled it.

And something I was rudely reminded about has suggested a possible candidate for the problem, which is I'd completely forgotten I'd changed a few bits and pieces: the "reminder" was the unwelcome appearance of the various minstrels who I'd banished from my game long ago! I'm not sure if the Community Patch is as sensitive to changes as the official patches are, but I guess it's the obvious culprit.

I think I backed up my tweaks and twiddles, so perhaps I should banish the annoying town square nuisances once again. :D

Edited by vometia

It was, now that I've finally (!) reinstalled it.

And something I was rudely reminded about has suggested a possible candidate for the problem, which is I'd completely forgotten I'd changed a few bits and pieces: the "reminder" was the unwelcome appearance of the various minstrels who I'd banished from my game long ago! I'm not sure if the Community Patch is as sensitive to changes as the official patches are, but I guess it's the obvious culprit.

I think I backed up my tweaks and twiddles, so perhaps I should banish the annoying town square nuisances once again. :D

I guess they can be kind of annoying. I'm glad it was successful.

Heya,

Here is two new ideas about sets :

- Dragon Mage don't have any 3slots/Visibility/MF set like Tendrils of Time, Infernal Torment, etc... like all other classes have.

Maybe it be good to have one for him too ?

- As SW have a dedicated set for his special class-weapon (2H-axes), maybe it could be good to do the same for dryads special class-weapon with a special set with Blowpipe + Amulet + Ring ?

I've already some ideas about this if it's possible to do it.

@Woody: I made two seperate reminders on the tracker about those. For the dm we need the models first or need to create a new set from parts that already exist and create new skin textures for them.

I like the Blowgun-miniset idea for the dryad. :)