The new Sacred 2 CM patch - Now available for Ice & Blood

It's been some time since I was last here and it's good to see some new things have happened such as the outlook of the website and updates.

The problem for me is that I have made some changes to the Blueprint.txt and the Balance.txt files, so if I install this patch will it reset all the things I've changed or will it simply fail on install?

I never touched Blueprint but my Balance is hardly recognizable from the original. Didn't have any problems installing CM 100 Patch however 'mileage may vary'.

@Woody: I made two seperate reminders on the tracker about those. For the dm we need the models first or need to create a new set from parts that already exist and create new skin textures for them.

I'd like to suggest a set for using. I can upload the image to mantis if you want it. It is the blue set that looks like shogun armor.

Well, possibly it's time to introduce Sophia's armor to the gameplay, isn't it? This is quite an unused piece of beauty to my mind. And there is a mod already with its different variants.

Also it would be fine to revise armors and, maybe, combat arts of NPC seraphims and temple guardians in the whole game, because they are all similar and... erm... dull!

Well, possibly it's time to introduce Sophia's armor to the gameplay, isn't it? This is quite an unused piece of beauty to my mind. And there is a mod already with its different variants.

Also it would be fine to revise armors and, maybe, combat arts of NPC seraphims and temple guardians in the whole game, because they are all similar and... erm... dull!

Every time I see Sophia on seraphim Island I think it would be cool to have her armor. is it coded in the game already as items or would it need to be created?

Every time I see Sophia on seraphim Island I think it would be cool to have her armor. is it coded in the game already as items or would it need to be created?

The items are there as such, but would need to be re-created as a copy, since there is a fundamental difference between NPC- and PC gear.

Hi all :))))

I am very pleased that so many players would like to introduce innovations into the game, new sets, new textures. I hope that it will be a lot of news in the new patch CM, thus playing a more attractive and far more interesting than the original vertices.

Avatar my dear their ideas in the forum and Czevak introduce them to the new patch.

Greetings to all.

Which one is the succubus? I think the cm team don't intend to change any of the original balancing of the game inregards to bosses or the such unless there is an obvious typo in the data for their abilities increasing something by a factor of 10 or more

I'm talking about the Succubus from the CM quest that grants you that Legendary Throwing Potion. Its practically the Ghost of Christmas Future on steroids with it's ridiculous damage output, regeneration and minion summoning.

The one from the beginning of the dark rituals quest. It's a dangerclass 9 boss.

I've just seen that the quest is shown als level 1. I'll change it to level 9 and add some reward.

CU Marcus

About the Succubus: it depends on your character level and build. I encountered this daemon several times and didn't find the fight hard. In my opinion, Asmarael from the Impostor quest is harder to fight.

By the way, this daemon has her own wiki page now: Succubus. Though I'm not sure that the CA list is complete. I should try to learn more about her.

Edited by Silver_fox

My main problem with the fight is that A. Her life leech seems WAY overpowered, and B. the lesser demons she summons periodically seem to do more damage than her, especially the champions.

Did I mention her overpowered life leech?

Hmm, I agree with Silver_fox. Yesterday I took her on with my level 43 Inquisitor and didn't seem overly bad. Think it depends on the build, armor, skills, and proper socketing.

For now, I tried to fight the Succubus with several different characters, and didn't find any of these fights hard. She just requires some character developing and a certain level, but I can say the same about almost any boss in game.

And her lifeleech is NOT overpowered. There are several enemies with much more significant lifeleech amount in game. The Succubus is quite a weak boss compared to some of the others that were added in Ice and Blood and CM.

Some quests are just not meant to be solved in any time at any level, but I consider it right. If all the enemies were very easy to approach, the game would become boring. That is exactly one of the main interests in game: to make a strong build. If any character, even the poorly developed one, could solve any quest, what would be the meaning of character building?

The one from the beginning of the dark rituals quest. It's a dangerclass 9 boss.

I've just seen that the quest is shown als level 1. I'll change it to level 9 and add some reward.

CU Marcus

Speaking of this quest, I am running an Inquisitor at level 57ish on gold. So far I have ran the quest about 4 times tonight. Each time when I get to the 10 Harpies I will have to port out of the region and back in because the harpies have been killed by the local orcs already. Usually need to port about 3 times. Next area of difficulty is just as I am about to take on the creature with the "forever frozen icicle". Every time I get in screen with it the game freezes.

Just tried again this time with a level 50 Shadow warrior and the game froze in the same spot while running this quest. I even came in from a different direction. As soon as the circle gets into my mini map game freezes.

Edited by Furian67

Next area of difficulty is just as I am about to take on the creature with the "forever frozen icicle". Every time I get in screen with it the game freezes.

Just tried again this time with a level 50 Shadow warrior and the game froze in the same spot while running this quest. I even came in from a different direction. As soon as the circle gets into my mini map game freezes.

Do you have a debug.log for us? Would be interesting to see if anything is botched with that particular enemy on your installation. Might be a bad model file or creature entry...

Just out of interest. Is it possible now to edit descriptions for horse Combat Arts?

I did a rather dirty hack on horse Combat Arts to cut away the bugged regeneration times and use only a higher cooldown. The cooldown gets lower with higher ca-level = better riding skill.

But currently even cooldown modified horse Combat Arts are only fun till around gold. So changing charge into a 30s minibuff which also adds some defense was one of the ideas, but then the description would be not fitting. Which doesn't bother me at home but would be not so nice for a mod.

Frankly: I don't know yet, we did not try to make a new Combat-art with descriptions yet.

Hopefully we get around to try this after the release of v0110. Currently everything is directed to getting the stuff done that should go into this release. :)

Going through the logs while working on the Light Campaign Synopsis page intros...I noticed that instead of referring to Thylysium as the capitol -- it is referred to as capital. Brings back nightmares of second grade grammar and spelling. Just thought you would like to know about the grammar/spelling error here.

http://www.sacredwiki.org/index.php5/Sacred_2:Light_Campaign_Synopsis

I wanted to note that I had no problems with the Ice Monster from Dark Rituals. As for the harpies - since any orange harpies would do, and there are few of them in the area, I teleported to the Dragonmaw Pass and killed 10 harpies there, right near the portal. It worked nice.

Clever work around. I like that.

Silver_fox has been trying to help my with the Debug.log but we can't seem to find it. doing a search of the Sacred file comes up empty also.

I just took my Shadow Warrior onto seraphim Island and ran through the area that I keep freezing at during the Dark rituals quest. And it still froze with out the quest activated.

I have uninstalled the Ci-Sacred mod last night. I have never before locked up in this area.

OK thanks I'll check that out when I get home. Problem is even using the search function windows can't find the debug.log, wierd.