The new Sacred 2 CM patch - Now available for Ice & Blood

Have a concern/question about the Save Christmas Quest - I talk to the Kolbold(or whatever it is) at the docks at the Elf capital. The quest activates and I go to the Ship's Captain close to the Kolbold. But when the Big Map appears the 'ship/port' icon isn't on Christmas Island so I can't go there. Did I miss something, do I have to change the computer's system clock or is this a bug?

Your next step would be to take a walk north to Artamarks Gate and the docks there. That's where it really begins.

CM Patch 0100 - Easter Eggs (quest), after taking the job from the rabbit, the egg does not show up in the temple, this error also can be improved. How to turn your quest with the CM patch 090, the egg is at the top of the temple.

Have a concern/question about the Save Christmas Quest - I talk to the Kolbold(or whatever it is) at the docks at the Elf capital. The quest activates and I go to the Ship's Captain close to the Kolbold. But when the Big Map appears the 'ship/port' icon isn't on Christmas Island so I can't go there. Did I miss something, do I have to change the computer's system clock or is this a bug?

Your next step would be to take a walk north to Artamarks Gate and the docks there. That's where it really begins.

Actually... No.. All he has to do is go talk to the ship captain due south of the Kobold. He will teleport you to the island.

There are actually TWO independent quests on that island. The Can Christmas Be Saved quest and the Northland Expedition. They both take place in the same places. They both use the same monsters. For the Christmas Island quest - you go to the island, then head north along the path. You will eventually come across a Kobold who is having problems with a snow machine. You talk to him and that is where the Can Christmas Be Saved quest begins.

Later on, if you go to Artamark's Gate, and you talk to the soldier by the docks there - he will tell you about the Northland Expedition and how they need recruits. You talk to the ship captian there and he will send you to the same island. There, you will meet a soldier at the dock area. He will begin the Nortland Expedition quest.

It's generally a good idea NOT to try doing both at the same time. Both quests use the ice hydra and both feature Walther/Henier as a boss. As such, should you try both at the same time, there could be problems.

Look for the Biggest Star and head west.

Sounds like you are trying to get to neverland!

No.. That'd be a flight to LAX, and then taking a drive up the coast... Oh.. You're not talking about Michael Jackson's former spread... N/M...

That's actually part of the clue in the release notes. The full clue - Go to where the glass walks and find the biggest star and go west. That would be the Crystal Plane, near the Southern Outpost (after you've passed the Scaron) - the Blue Star - a rather huge crystal formation. Head west - toward the edge of the map. There's a cave and that's your destination.

I found the turtle and just fought it.

It gives pretty low amount of experience considering that I have 40% more experience from items + 50% mentor on niob,turtle was level 148.It gave only 20k experience,few yellow items and that's it.

It was pretty easy to kill it,but still I thought I will get better reward on niob.

But it's good turtle is respawning every time I re-join the game so I can fight with the turtle again and again :)

after install and using Single Player mode I get this strange error even though I am NOT connected to any outside server.

zx3al5.jpg

I would be greatful to receive some help with this as it pops up within minutes of me going into a game then boots me out to the main screne, thus making game play impossible.

Edited by Gumby

I would be greatful to receive some help with this as it pops up within minutes of me going into a game then boots me out to the main screne, thus making game play impossible.

Ok.. So let's go through this. Sacred 2 has two components that run when playing in single player mode. One is the game server, the other is the game client. What your screen shot is showing is a picture of the game client being unable to talk to the local game server.

As to why this is happening - there are a number of possible reasons. The game is not installed properly. The server program is missing or corrupt somehow. Maybe it's being blocked by the firewall. You've got a networking issue - TCP/IP is having a problem. Maybe you've got a virus or other malware of some sort trying to redirect TCP/IP somewhere bad.

Without accessing your system directly, I couldn't tell you which, if any, is your problem or if it's something else.

Hello.

Im sure this has probably been asked million times over but im too lazy to go through all 38 pages of posts. Please forgive me my laziness. :(

Anyway, I'd like to install this CM patch but what I'd like to know is that will I still be able to play on the Closed Net servers after installing this patch?

Edited by monere

Hello.

Im sure this has probably been asked million times over but im too lazy to go through all 38 pages of posts. Please forgive me my laziness. :(

Anyway, I'd like to install this CM patch but what I'd like to know is that will I still able be to play on the Closed Net servers after installing this patch?

Welcome to DarkMatters...

No.

The CM Patch is not supported on Closed Net.

Hello.

Anyway, I'd like to install this CM patch but what I'd like to know is that will I still be able to play on the Closed Net servers after installing this patch?

This Mod comes with an easy to use install/deinstall link. The game may be switched from Cm-Patch to original in just a few moments. Very easy. The Cm-patch only works on open, lan, sp.

Oh and...there's no more that lil girl that gives you a quest for general of undead legion,Therus.Has she been removed or something ?

Er.. If you mean the female mage at the Broken Lance Tavern who initiates the Undead Legion quest - she's still there, but there's a new prequest to get her to appear. You need to go up to the Elf military camp north of Clearview and go into the back area. There's a general back there who has a soldier who he needs you to go fetch. He's at the Broken Lance - probably knocking back a few... When you find him, he will tell you to talk to the lady mage. From there it's the same old quest.

Oh and...there's no more that lil girl that gives you a quest for general of undead legion,Therus.Has she been removed or something ?

No, Wylmieni will appear if it's time to do so (you have to do something before...).

CU Marcus

Edited by marcuswob

Ok.. So let's go through this. Sacred 2 has two components that run when playing in single player mode. One is the game server, the other is the game client. What your screen shot is showing is a picture of the game client being unable to talk to the local game server.

As to why this is happening - there are a number of possible reasons. The game is not installed properly. The server program is missing or corrupt somehow. Maybe it's being blocked by the firewall. You've got a networking issue - TCP/IP is having a problem. Maybe you've got a virus or other malware of some sort trying to redirect TCP/IP somewhere bad.

Without accessing your system directly, I couldn't tell you which, if any, is your problem or if it's something else.

1) The game has been installed "properly" because it's worked fine since the reinstall on 5/8/2010

*of course the known bugs with this game has occurred*

2) Sacred 2 is in the exceptions list for the firewall, should there be one for the MOD as well? That would be helpful answer.

3) No networking issue as there have not been any other networking problems.

4) No TCP/IP issues as well. Other errors would have happened

**Gees why not just blame my house electrical systems.**

5) Of course when all else fails just blame it on a virus. Of course it must be a specific virus that hits sacred 2 only.... :blink:

The only useful thing from this response was the mention of the server for sacred2.

Now I have NEVER had this error before but would I need to add this in the excluded list? Is there a way to find the addon mod to exclude it? I wouldn't think so but then I'm not the one who made the mod either.

I would appreaciate any help as I think the CM would be fun to use, as far as the little I saw of it.

m8iwhs.jpg

Edited by Gumby

After installing the CM patch you really may need to refresh the firewall settings. Even if it had an exception for Sacred 2 before, you should add it again. The game files were modified, and therefore a newly created exception may be needed. It may seem strange, but I had to do something like that. I never saw this kind of an error, but when I first started the game after installing the CM patch, my firewall asked for creating a new exception. On the other hand I don't use a default Windows firewall, but the on from my antivirus system. So some behavior may be different.

Edited by Silver_fox

The cm-patch doesn't alter any of the binaries, neither executables nor dlls. You don't need to change any of your settings.

But in fact you've got the gameserver listed twice, so please delete all the rules regarding sacred2 - the game will reinstall them properly, with or without the cm-patch.

The patched game cannot be used in closednet. In opennet, make sure that everybody uses the same patched version. Otherwise some players won't be able to join or will thrown out of the game.

CU Marcus

I don't know what you meant by " delete all the rules regarding sacred2- the game will reinstall them"

But I managed to fix it and it had to do with the Balance text.

Edited by gogoblender: Comments removed, off topic