The new Sacred 2 CM patch - Now available for Ice & Blood

Is there any chance of getting a release date for 110 yet?

Um.. When it's ready...

I know... Not quite the answer you want to hear. But it's likely the best one you'll get at the moment.

The one thing I hate about companies is they tell you that product X will be made available on date Y. And when the product isn't ready on date Y, people get upset because a promise was broken. So it's generally best to not commit to a release date until you've met your targets and you're able to guarantee a good quality delivery.

I am waiting for 110 before continuing quests with my main dragon mage. Until then I am running around the cursed forest trying to find the DM quest there. They wanted me to try it with mine, but I can't find anymore blue "?" in the area. I guess I need a clue and have to admit I am clueless :Just_Cuz_21:

I don't know what you meant by " delete all the rules regarding sacred2- the game will reinstall them"

Your firewall settings:

m8iwhs.jpg

But I managed to fix it and it had to do with the Balance text.

So this was a selfmade problem? :whistle:

Is there any chance of getting a release date for 110 yet?

As Wolfie said: "When it's done". There is no major issue in V0100, most changes to V0110 are cosmetic. And a lot of translation to do.

The worst part is that you take for bunglers quests, boast that they have success, but the quests do not work, the more that a successful damaged. I think the next one will be corrected.

I cannot follow you, I don't know what you are trying to say. I need a description about the problem and a savegame to try and fix things. No more, no less. Best place for this would be the bugtracker: http://www.frankrentmeister.info/mantisbt

It's free for everyone, so just sign in and open a ticket there.

The problem with the easter egg is reported and fixed since V0102, so with the next release it's gone.

CU Marcus

Edited by marcuswob

Hello.

I was on the Mantis, a lot longer repaired very very happy, waiting for patch CM 0110, I think that will be published soon, is a small request, it would have been to the new patch included new sets for the Magician and the Dryad, somehow, these characters are ignored in the news.

Regards and sorry for the previous post :)))))))

Hello.

Yes, I play the Polish version, the new quests also have dialogues in Polish. I was on the Mantis, a lot is already corrected in the new quest, it's good.

It would be nice to add a new patch CM 0110 new sets for the Dryads and the Dragon Mage, it would be great.

I greet you all, a lot of good work you are doing. :))))

Yes, I play the Polish version, the new quests also have dialogues in Polish.

Okay, that explains it. In the polish version several translations are missing, so in these cases there simply is nothing to display at all. Especially the new and some reactivated quest still need some work.

For now, as long as this localization is behind, we'll display the english version marked with <int>. So your logbook may look a little strange like this:

sacred22011021217002405.th.jpg

Hopefully, as the polish translation catches up with the others, this will vanish.

CU Marcus

Edited by marcuswob

Hello everyone.

Is not there some playing Pole to help make dialogues in patch from English into Polish, my English is poor.

It would be nice to and Pole included to aid in the new patch. It made the translation in French and Russian, and should be in Polish, have someone help with the Poles :)))))

Congratulations, now 75 amendments made:))) Keep it up.

I greet you.

Well, have a look here:

http://forum.sacred.pl/viewtopic.php?t=6510

http://forum.sacred.pl/viewtopic.php?t=6610

Kalia has already translated a lot of things, but there's more to do - and meanwhile we're creating new things, so this localization gets behind even more from day to day. We're searching for help here.

CU Marcus

• 2 weeks later...

@subhenry:

I think you are active on the polish forum, right?

http://forum.sacred.pl/viewtopic.php?p=98720#98720

As I understood "ErniK" wrote us an email. Czevak passed the information to me, and I answered to the given email-address. Possibly the email got caught in one of the spam filters on the way...

As I don't speak polish at all - I had to ask google for a translation of that thread - I'd like to ask you to post on

http://forum.sacred.pl/viewtopic.php?p=98720#98720

a link to this thread and the email address

s2cmpatch -at- googlemail -dot- com

so "ErniK" can contact us.

CU Marcus

Hallo, I have to write here I think but I have a little problem whit the CM Patch; I've installed this from Sacred Wiki, no problem at the beginning all ok, magnificient new sets Seraphim and Helve but only for a few days, now the items there aren't more.

The patch work correctly except for the itemtype; I tried to disable and re-downloading but nothing, the items for seraphim and helve have disappeared, there are just the new items for centurio and temple guard.

I tried to find them and I discovered that in the blueprint and drop file they are regularly present but not in the itemtype file, the code is non-existent.

How can I do? Is can get a copy of the file item in order to correct the original? And maybe also the files .dds,There are nowhere .

Thank you! ^^

Edited by Vittoria

Hello Vittoria,

how did this error occur? Did you try to load a character that you played with the CM patch in the normal game after disabling the CM patch? In that case the new content is lost on loading the savegame and stays lost after re-installing the CM.

Keep the CM Patch characters separate from those you play in normal mode. Never reload a heavily played and geared CM Patch toon in a normal Sacred 2 environment.

I think you have no chance other than re-installing the cm-patch and finding your missing sets again. Sorry.

For the itemtype.txt file: Did you modify this file in any way? Did you recieve an error notice about this file while installing the cm-patch?

If nothing else helps, download the Sacred 2 reset Tool from the Troubleshooting part in the first posting in this thread, to reset to a clean Ice & Blood version and install the cm patch again.

For the itemtype.txt file: Did you modify this file in any way? Did you recieve an error notice about this file while installing the cm-patch?

I didn't modify the item file, but when I installing the CM patch I receive the errore message, the itemtype file not found.

I'll try to make that your suggest^^

Thank you so much.

That's not exactly related to CM, but I wanted to ask, if you know where the icons that display on the messages your character says during the quests are stored. I don't know what the devs thought about, but the pictures that show your character's face on these messages are so random. I still don't get why they decided to place the green-haired seraphim in celestial armor as a picture of any seraphim in game. I'm not sure that anyone would be happy to see something more general as their character's appearance, but I would. Do you know where in the zip files these icons can be found?

Hello everyone,

Been playing Sacred 2 with the community patch for the last few weeks. It was great to see the new quests and all the bugfixes to the old quests (I finally got to complete Bandits without the questlog saying it failed!). A very big thank you to the CM team for making this possible!

I'd like to point out a couple of small problems I had though. One of them is the same that subhenry mentioned a few pages ago: for the Faust chain, only the first subquest appears in the questlog. The other quests work fine, the quest indicator is there, but they just don't appear in the log and if I make one of them the active quest (by selecting the marker on the map) the questlog entry is empty (and has no name). I had a similar problem with the girl who wants to bathe her dog (quest is called "A bath for my dog" on the wiki), where the quest works fine but has no questlog entry (and not even a name when acquired and completed).

I've had more serious problems with Dark Rituals and The Impostor: these two just have NO text associated with them, at all. Even the NPCs that give them out have no names, then when I click to talk to them the question mark vanishes and the quest marker appears on the map, but I don't even see a dialog box and the option to accept/decline the quest, like with all other quests. I understand the questlog text will not appear until the next CM version, but shouldn't I be getting the regular dialog text when talking to the NPC for the first time?

The technical stuff - I have Windows 7, UK version of Sacred 2, with Ice & Blood, updated to 2.65, then CM v100 installed. Playing a Shadow Warrior on Light campaign, character was created with CM v100 already installed. I looked through the log and there are no errors that I can see, just some lines that read "skipped" and then "Patch file (conditions): E:\Sacred 2\2.65.1 Commipatch\0100\[nameoffile]". I thought this was strange since E: is my CD-ROM drive... is this causing problems?

Some of the logs, including the one for 'Dark Rituals', really are bugged in v100. I made a note about it on the wiki while writing the Dark Rituals page. The log bug was fixed soon after the version was released. But I never saw a trouble with the missing dialogs and names. Could you check the patchlog file and tell if the global.res file was skipped while patching. This is the file where all the texts are stored, so if it was skipped all the new texts would be missing in game.

I looked through the log and there are no errors that I can see, just some lines that read "skipped" and then "Patch file (conditions): E:\Sacred 2\2.65.1 Commipatch\0100\[nameoffile]". I thought this was strange since E: is my CD-ROM drive... is this causing problems?

No E: is the file where I keep the patchfiles to compile the patcher.

There should be a line stating that patching the global.res in en_UK was successful, else there might be a problem with the registry keys for your sacred 2 installation. That the other localizations are skipped is normal, but your current one should get patched.

On the russian forum one of the users tells that his game crashes on Gar'Colossus with CM v100. I remember that there was some kind of issue with this boss after its makeover, but I can't find the post about it now. Can you tell what may be a reason for this?

EDIT: The problem was solved - had to do with running in the compatibility mod. But it looks like the Gar'Colossus still tries to get off his pit and go up.

Edited by Silver_fox