The new Sacred 2 CM patch - Now available for Ice & Blood

I had that error when I tested the first release candidate. just disable the cmpatch140 and check your installation in the steam library.

I think ist called "verify the cache of the game" in english. It should download the missing files. the installation will work fine afterwards.

PS: I really hope to see some of u guys in tunngle :)

Edited by xcessive

One thing I'm worried about is I will I have broken my game?

After installing (errors) I loaded a character to see if I could see anything wrong... and then the only way to quit out of the game was to save...

No don't worry about your characters being broken. And please stop speculating if you don't know. Characters can move between patches. The main things that may be broken is quest progress if you're playing quests that were changed with the CM Patch. Otherwise you should be fine.

But yes, always back up your characters.

Edited by Flix

Patchlog from

http://www.frankrentmeister.info/mantisbt/view.php?id=1076

[[General]]

LUA code reviewed

- Position formats standardized

- Redundant code removed

- Language conventions used

Textbase of all 10 languages standardized

- Not used Text removed

- Overall translation by google

- Some typos

[[Enemies and Bosses]]

Haenir now appears as a human

[[items and Drops]]

ItemMod V1.2 by flix+pesmontis integrated

[[Quests]]

Hunting Fever reviewed

Release stages simplified

[[New Quests]]

Ancaria Airlines

Shattered Souls

The Wrong Path

As for all patches before:

The installer needs a clean, unmodified version of the game with no or one of the newer cm-patches (version 100+) installed.

If you use ModEnabler, disable all Mods before patching.

The patchlog will tell you what happened during installation.

CU Marcus

Edited by marcuswob

so that means I'll either stop using mods or reinstall the game(which is something I never prefer,thanks to my poor isp) every time new patch comes out..

It's not hard to update most mods when a new CM Patch is released, it's just most mod authors are long gone because it's been years in between CM Patch releases.

I'm planning to update most if not all of the major mods once I'm sure the current CM Patch is stable.

What bothers me is all the reports of people saying they tried to install the new CM Patch 1.50 over a clean Sacred 2 install and it didn't work. That's what I'm going to have to do to get everything straight and I don't want to if the current installer isn't working properly.

so that means I'll either stop using mods or reinstall the game(which is something I never prefer,thanks to my poor isp) every time new patch comes out..

If you use Mods, you should use a ModEnabler as well. If you do so, you can deactivate Mods before patching and re-activate them afterwards.

That's what I do as well during developement.

CU Marcus

Edited by marcuswob
  • Like! 1

What bothers me is all the reports of people saying they tried to install the new CM Patch 1.50 over a clean Sacred 2 install and it didn't work. That's what I'm going to have to do to get everything straight and I don't want to if the current installer isn't working properly.

D9pd4Qh.jpg

Thank you very much Marcus!

Awesome work guys! Haven't installed it yet. The only mods I have are creatures, balance, and spells. Also the ice and blood skin. Would I have to remove them then install the patch then and copy and paste the modded sections into the newer files?

Is there any patch notes for this?

Edited by Saraphima

there is a file to disable cm v.140 but it also gives the same file errors.This is a serious problem

just maybe... did you use v140 or v140hf of the CM-patch? Both show the same version number, but the installer differs.

Always a bad idea with hotfixing...

CU Marcus

there is a file to disable cm v.140 but it also gives the same file errors.This is a serious problem

just maybe... did you use v140 or v140hf of the CM-patch? Both show the same version number, but the installer differs.

Always a bad idea with hotfixing...

CU Marcus

I answered this on bugtracker also.the file name was cm-patch0140hf.zip(downloaded from sacredwiki)