The new Sacred 2 CM patch - Now available for Ice & Blood

I know where they are ;) But my doubt is: I've played with these characters and the current problems. Imagine that I delete everything about sacred but my characters, and they are corrupted by that problem. Will they corrupt again the new reinstalled sacred? Maybe they are the problem, they may have corrupted stats or something and the drop and balance dont make the properly effect on them.

It could be perfect if I send you my high elf save and stats and you fight. And tell me if you win a lot of items or not.

The stat data should be fine. You could create a blank new PC, then use a save game editor to recreate your old characters. You'll lose your gear and loot, but get to continue.

Ok. I delete everything about sacred 2. Characters files, the folder where the captures appear, everything. I've started a game with a seraphim and maybe it's soon, but enemies still dropping one in eight, and only 1 rune or 1 potion.

I installed sacred2 + patches, I&B + patches. Then 150 and finally the activation. I did'nt open the game untiel everything was installed.

Edited by Ariadim

Bought the GOG version recently and I thought I'd have a look at the cm-patch. So far, no problems whatsoever (besides finding the download, but that's solved, obv).

So, I just wanted to say THANK YOU.

• Like! 1

Bought the GOG version recently and I thought I'd have a look at the cm-patch. So far, no problems whatsoever (besides finding the download, but that's solved, obv).

So, I just wanted to say THANK YOU.

And as well, welcome to DarkMatters rm3000!

:)

gogo

Must keep track of this topic as I am getting a new computer that might just be able to run Sacred 2 with no problems. I will want to download this Mod so I can take advantage of all the hard work our other members have performed. :)

• Like! 1

Out of curiousity; has the droprate been adjusted?

After installing the v150 CM patch, I've found 7 Uniques - including 2 of the items-mod - and 4 setpieces with my SW in about 5 hours of playing time.

Even my HE having EP didn't find that many items in such a short time. :o

And for the record; that SW is level 79, though I started with him again at level 78 and he's having 90% SB; if that matters.

Thorin :D

Could you post all your script files from the root folder? That way we could try them and see if anything got corrupted.

Do you mean all the folder or the content of all the .txt in that folder?

I can write the .txt here, but I can't upluad a .rxr, ui guess

Could you post all your script files from the root folder? That way we could try them and see if anything got corrupted.

Do you mean all the folder or the content of all the .txt in that folder?

I can write the .txt here, but I can't upluad a .rxr, ui guess

Yes, the entire 65MB folder.

So I just updated the game though the popup notification, got errors about some missing or unaccessable files during installation, then played the game. Killed about 30-40 enemies and saw them drop about 20 regular white-blue items. So nothing changed as far as I can tell. Went and killed the Great Tree Spirit on Drian Island, even got 2 gold items.

Perhaps the difference in drops is caused by what I did.

I had the v140hf CM patch, which I wasn't able to disable. And I didn't get any notification about updating it. I also wasn't able to uninstall Sacred 2, so eventually I used a trick to revoke the game, then manually removed most files, bought and installed the Steam version of Sacred 2 Gold, installed the v150 CM patch and started playing with my old toons.

My previous version of Sacred 2 was a boxed version; which got upgraded to I&B by using the expansion I bought at GamersGate.

With Sacred 2 Gold I got the feeling the game's running a bit smoother now - though all settings are the same, as I didn't delete the options.txt file - and drops have improved a bit.

Or perhaps I'm just Lucky. :D

Thorin :)

Hey guys, do these loot drops seam odd to you in any way?

30 minutes of killing Sandmen in the desert on silver with community patch 150.

Dropped items:
Runes: Normal enemies (4)-Champions enemies (1)
Potions: Normal enemies (4)-Champion enemies (11)
Grey items: Normal enemies (2)- Champion enemies (2)
White items: Normal enemies (3)- Champion enemies (9)
Blue Items: Normal enemies (2)- Champion enemies (7)
Yellow items: Normal enemies (0)- Champion enemies (1)
Set items: Normal enemies (1 relic called "Nik")- Champion enemies (0)
Golden items: Normal enemies (1 Illeas knife)-Champion enemies (0)
Enemies who dropped nothing: 81

Again, same sandmen for 30 minutes on silver with community patch 140.

Runes: Normal enemies (2)-Champions enemies (0)
Potions: Normal enemies (4)-Champion enemies (11)
Grey items: Normal enemies (2)- Champion enemies (0)
White items: Normal enemies (7)- Champion enemies (3)
Blue Items: Normal enemies (1)- Champion enemies (4)
Yellow items: Normal enemies (1)- Champion enemies (0)
Set items: Normal enemies (0)- Champion enemies (0)
Golden items: Normal enemies (0)-Champion enemies (0)
Enemies who dropped nothing: 79

Edited by SX255

As said in a previous post; has something been done at the drop rate; as I kept finding better items. Your post shows that my suspicions were correct.

I was about to do a run in the swamps with my SW; so I'll check the drops for that playing session as well.

Out of curiousity: which char did you use and what was its level and SB? And did it have EP as skill?

The shadow warrior is level 25 but a dragon killed him. So SB is low. He doesnt have EP.

Anyway, my high elf is level 48, playing in silver, no EP and a very high survival bonus, and enemies drop the same ridiculous items.

Balance.txt is identical from 1.40 to 1.50. No changes there. Drop.txt had a bunch of new items added of course, because of the CM Items Mod. But drop probabilities of old items weren't changed. If anything you're less likely to find old uniques or sets, because the pool of such items is much bigger.

My suspicion is people are seeing patterns where the game's drop rates are actually random. Particularly because the two people who are speaking up about it have opposite results: one is complaining about finding no good items anymore (after being used to a modded game I might add), and the other is saying good items are too plentiful.

Edited by Flix

I just finished a 125 minute testrun in the Swamp. The chosen area - as I'm currently mapping - is the map square east of Hissil'Ta, minus the triangle made by the Southern road and the left bottom corner.

Total number of kills: 509

Drops:

Potions: Not counted, but at least 60 drops in total.

Runes - 10 normal enemies. 4 champion enemies;

Grey Items - 13 normal enemies, 0 champion enemies;

White items - 56 normal enemies, 21 champion enemies;

Blue items - 18 normal enemies, 31 champion enemies;

Yellow items - 6 normal enemies, 7 champion enemies;

Set items - 3 normal enemies, 1 champion enemy (Lucretis' Power, Lucretis' Comet Tail, Denderan's Bluff, Guenhwyvar's Refuge)

Unique items - 2 normal enemies, 0 champion enemises (Dyashea's Hunter, Baelthow's Strenght)

Legendary Items - 0 normal enemies, 0 champion enemies.

NO items: 418 normal enemies, 15 champion enemies.

So, by the look of it, the drop RATE has decreased, while the drop QUALITY has increased.

Having the items mod added to the patch might have to do with it, as in previous sessions I've found at least 4 items from that mod. After all, if you got a larger pool to choose from, the chances you actually get something from that pool are larger as having a smaller pool.

Personally I'd say; keep things as they're now.

• Like! 1

Here are Ariadim's scripts after installing Community patch 150.

I saw no difference when playing against my version.

By the way, here is some more insight of Afidaim's OLD drop rates:

It doesn't matter where I was. In 1 hour I could have 8-10 set items, tons of gold and potions.

8-10 set items in 1 hour from regular and champion enemies? That sound wrong.

I had set items drop on average once after about a couple of hours of play. Could it be the drop rate was set way high in the beginning, and Ariadim just forgot about it?

scripts.rar

I had set items drop on average once after about a couple of hours of play. Could it be the drop rate was set way high in the beginning, and Ariadim just forgot about it?

What do you want to say with that? I don't get it xD