The new Sacred 2 CM patch - Now available for Ice & Blood

I've Always had the feeling the QUALITY of dropped items went down the moment my SB and char level increased. However, with only one char over level 100 and 3 in their 80's and all of them having various levels of SB, I never had the "evidence" of it.

Problem is, there are just too many variables to keep in mind.

Char level is one, SB is another, EP - present or not - is a third and area a fourth.

In therory, a char having a high SB and high EP skill should find more "special" items as one having a high SB or a high EP only, which is finding more "special" items as a char having neither the high SB nor the EP skill.

When playing, it's often the oposite, but there are exceptions, making a "law of Item drops" impossible to create.

Anyway, I've got to level a bit more, before switching to my HE or Dryad, as I'll try to keep the chars close together before continuing my level 103 seraphim; since she needs some bargaining / smithing support.

Either one of those two chars got EP and a nice SB; so I'll check her drops as well, compared to my SW. Perhaps it's possible to figure out a difference.

Thorin :)

• Like! 1

I tried 255 level enhanced perception for an hour on my shadow warrior,it doesn't change anything except finding higher level items.Plus you don't need to have ridiculous amount of ep to have higher items.When I set it to 1 I started looting items lower than my level.

For looting chests I think mastery really do a great job

Survival bonus for me have no effect for my drops,I might be unlucky tho

• Like! 1

Thorin, I'm agree with your feeling. Many times I thought it: higer level your character is, less "special" items you found. At the begining I used to find more set and yellow items. Then when you are 45 to 75, that rate decrease.

Ironwill, If I'm not mistaken, "chance to find secret compartment in chests" is the EP mastery, doesnt it? I though it was dissabled.

And something important. Do you think you can do something for seeing the chance to find valuables that EP gives you? It really piff me off waiting for see it only when mastery was reached.

Edited by Ariadim
  • Like! 1
  • 2 weeks later...

Hey guys, have you played recently the new quest of 150 CMP? I started a new character and I've played them. Today I can't play with my seraphim because the game doesnt works, it crushes. I can play another offline campaings, but not the seraphim's one and I thik it's because I played those quests.

I've been looking the savedata folder and my seraphim's files are hero08saves (last modification 28/10/2014)) and hero08stats (last modification 26/10/2014) That's weird :(

If the game crashes it may damage your savegames, depending in the moment/situation.

Can you upload those files, here or at the bugtracker?

Game crashes are still an issue, but one we cannot fix.

CU Marcus

Edited by marcuswob

Hello :)

Can you do "ancaria Airlines" quest? (Sloeford, Bigest house)
When you complete the quest and take your reward, save and close sacred.
The next time you load your character you will have 1 atribute point and 1 skill point.

I don't know if that's a part of your request or a bug.

hello, I would like to ask if it is possible to disable items, quests from cm patch. I want it to work like baldurdash and I dont want non official content.

Welcome aboard.

Sure it's possible. You just need to open drop.txt and remove all the items you deem unsuitable, so they won't drop anymore. Depending on your taste, that may or may not include a large number of items that were created by the devs but were unfinished or not made droppable at the time of release. To make it easier you could save the vanilla drop.txt before applying the patch, and then compare the two files to see what was changed, and remove the offending items. Make sure you use a proper text editor like Notepad++.

There's only a handful of new quests so I would say you could just avoid them, as they're not forced on you. But you could also edit quest.txt and questscripts.txt to remove them. That will be much more difficult, but doable with some resolve.

Normally this is the part where I talk about how hard the creators worked to follow Ascaron's lead to craft items that fit the tone and lore of Sacred 2, while also filling glaring holes in the base game's equipment selection and still being balanced and useful at the same time. But if you've got your "official content only" blinders on, which is perfectly understandable, then there's not much convincing I can do. Best way is to educate you on how to mod things yourself.

• Like! 1
  • 2 weeks later...

Did the Pandamonium set get changed? The boots come across as a normal item without sockets although it still is listed as a set item.

Can you post a pic? Is it missing bonuses? The name? Green text designating it as a set item?

A quick check of the scripts and everything seems to be correct.

• Like! 1

I don't see any "Attach Files" option for replies. The issue may be irrelevant anyway. What I am thinking is that 1.40 sets(of which Pandamonium is one I downloaded from this site) may not be 100% compatible with version 1.50.

Ok, I download the sets and checked. It's just the version in the download that's missing its bonuses. Versions that spawn under the current CM have the complete bonuses. I still don't know why though. Item blueprints update dynamically as they're changed so I feel like all copies should be identical.

• Like! 1
  • 3 weeks later...

So.. what's up with the patch?

The one on the official download section (http://darkmatters.org/forums/index.php?/files/file/91-community-patch/) and wiki (http://www.sacredwiki.org/index.php/Sacred_2:Community_Patch) are 140. Edit: Apparently hyperlinking URLs isn't allowed for new users?

The one in this thread is 150.

Talk on the later pages mentions 154.

Ontop of that, the link in the OP to the launcher doesn't even work anymore.

Can some admin clear all this stuff up? This mess makes it difficult for new users to get everything sorted out.

I'm assuming we just download v150 and apply it to a fresh install, as v140 is clearly outdated and anything above v150 appear to be unreleased test builds.

Edited by gogoblender
  • Like! 1

I'm assuming we just download v150 and apply it to a fresh install, as v140 is clearly outdated and anything above v150 appear to be unreleased test builds.

That's right. It's up to the creators to upload the new version to DarkMatters downloads.

• Like! 1

Hey guys, decided to revisit the awesomeness that is Sacred 2, and found out about this even more awesome Community Patch. I just jumped into a random vanilla game to mess around and get a feel for it again, and I found the camera view is really weird.

I have the camera behind my character so enemies are alot more visible, up ahead instead of say off screen to the side, but there is no strafe left and right keybindings? you know mmo style where you hold right mouse button to look around while using A and D to move/strafe left and right? Instead you can only run forward, run backward, and turn around, lol.

Is this intended? If so, for balance reasons? If not, have you guys done any work on this by any chance or do you know somewhere that has? Really awkward playing an mmo styled game and where most skills are aimed and not (tab) targeted on top, but you can only run forward and backward and turn on the spot.

Thanks in advance, great job on the CM patch either way, I never knew of it and so have never experienced any of it and am looking forward to it after reading a great deal. Awesome to see to this day it's still being worked on so I can't wait to seriously try it out :)

Edited by Whiskiz
  • Like! 1

That was intended.

Movement is done by the cursor-keys (default, if not mistaken). Up is forward, down is backwards, left and right are to turn the camera to the left / right.

However, it might be a good idea to check your settings, as you can set the camera zoom to various angles as well.

Thorin :)

• Like! 1

WASD is uncommon in the A-RPG genre. Most games use click to move (e.g. PoE, D3). Sacred 2 still retains click to attack which is the M.O. of A-RPG's. I highly doubt the CM folks can do anything about the controls, they are probably in the binaries.

• Like! 1