The new Sacred 2 CM patch - Now available for Ice & Blood

Welcome aboard.

The lack of strafe keys is just the way the game is coded. It might be better for you approach it as a mouse-driven game like Sacred 1, Diablo, Torchlight, Titan Quest, etc. Technically you can position the camera behind the character for an OTS view, but trying to play it like WoW will be a handicap for you, at least in combat.

You can try a few tricks with the camera as described in this thread: http://darkmatters.org/forums/index.php?/topic/8767-guide-to-customizing-the-sacred-2-camera-view-and-optionscustom-txt/

Edited by Flix

IMO, click-to-move is the anti-Christ, was the second gunman in the grassy knoll and is known to the state of CA to cause birth defects in laboratory animals. So I played Sacred 2 using W and mouse turning.

• Like! 1

IMO, click-to-move is the anti-Christ, was the second gunman in the grassy knoll and is known to the state of CA to cause birth defects in laboratory animals. So I played Sacred 2 using W and mouse turning.

himZD0M.gif

I went the opposite direction. I lived and breathed click-to-move (Diablo 2 and its clones were my religion) and slowly, begrudgingly have accepted the new world of keyboard movement for RPG's.

• Like! 1

Hey guys, decided to revisit the awesomeness that is Sacred 2, and found out about this even more awesome Community Patch. I just jumped into a random vanilla game to mess around and get a feel for it again, and I found the camera view is really weird.

I have the camera behind my character so enemies are alot more visible, up ahead instead of say off screen to the side, but there is no strafe left and right keybindings? you know mmo style where you hold right mouse button to look around while using A and D to move/strafe left and right? Instead you can only run forward, run backward, and turn around, lol.

Is this intended? If so, for balance reasons? If not, have you guys done any work on this by any chance or do you know somewhere that has? Really awkward playing an mmo styled game and where most skills are aimed and not (tab) targeted on top, but you can only run forward and backward and turn on the spot.

Thanks in advance, great job on the CM patch either way, I never knew of it and so have never experienced any of it and am looking forward to it after reading a great deal. Awesome to see to this day it's still being worked on so I can't wait to seriously try it out :)

I found it very wonky for a while too, but after a lot of painful trial and error made my way and eventually, it became it's own kind of intuitive. Makes me think about the complaints a lot of old school Diablo 2'ers first hard about Sacred's rune system...saying that building a timer into the runes was counter intuitive...and yet for someone like me, who hadn't dug my fingers into the diablo series yet back then, the runes control systems of Sacred became "normal"

And btw, a big welcome to you Whiskiz, welcome to DarkMatters!

:)

gogo

• 2 weeks later...

Hello czevak. I always appreciate your CM Patch.

I'm leaving bug reports here because I can't join MantisBT. I think MantisBT has some problems..

I can't make sure whether it is bug or not, over magic class 2 hand energy weapons don't drop(only normal class drops) in game after cm patch 0150.

Maybe It appears in only Shadow Warrior class(after 0150 patch, I've been raising only SW) but I can't sure about that. You should check in the other classes.

Edited by pky766
  • Like! 1

Hello czevak. I'm always appreciate your CM Patch.

I'm leaving bug reports here because I can't join MantisBT. I think MantisBT has some problems..

I can't make sure whether it is bug or not, over magic class 2 hand energy weapons don't drop(only normal class drops) in game after cm patch 0150.

Maybe It appears in only Shadow Warrior class(after 0150 patch, I've been raising only SW) but I can't sure about that. You should check in the other classes.

Thanks for the feedback Guihuyn Park

and welcome to DarkMatters!

:)

gogo

CM patch 0150 appears to be broken. I tried installing it over 0140, and got several popups stating that certain files were missing. I continued on past the popups and finished the install, but the menu screen still shows 0140. So I uninstalled it and went back to 0140. :(

CM 1.50 works great when applied to a clean Sacred 2 install. Installing it over previous CM Patches does not work. I'm not saying that's the way it should be, but that's just how it is.

CM 1.50 works great when applied to a clean Sacred 2 install. Installing it over previous CM Patches does not work. I'm not saying that's the way it should be, but that's just how it is.

Will it work if you just uninstall 0140 and then apply 0150? Not really looking forward to that 13 GB download from Steam again..

Will it work if you just uninstall 0140 and then apply 0150? Not really looking forward to that 13 GB download from Steam again..

It should work in theory but there is also a problem reported that the uninstaller for 1.40 isn't working for some people. :/ Only way to be sure is try it out for yourself. Sorry to be the bearer of bad news, but a fresh install may be necessary.

Edited by Flix

Actually, a complete uninstall is what I was forced to do. I tried to uninstall with the 0140 disable program, and all it would do is tell me I had the latest patch installed. So I uninstalled from Steam, deleted the S2G folder and reinstalled. Tried 0150 again and it worked perfectly the second time around.

One thing, where is the change log for 0150? I already encountered some quests that must be from it, like Ancaria Airlines, but I'd like to see what all was added..

Edited by CapnTucker

I found the Community patch under Darkmatters Downloads as current version: 0140hf and not v0150, just saying although my main question regarding community patch v0150 is, whether the regional level caps are removed only for multilayer or even single-player too?

The game is surprisingly too easy to play than I thought ( started on silver ).

If the regional monster level caps are removed in the Single player game by CM patch then; I suppose its a good feature since, when I reach to gold, or higher level, I want the challenge to increase and stay uniformly difficult.

Also, do the regional level caps stay removed throughout the game without getting re-adjusted when I die with survival bonus dropped to zero?

Great to see the game is still getting improved!! :)

Side note: For future CM patch request - Please look into making the game more challenging by introducing good options for the players to choose, if possible. For instance; an option to start the game at difficulties higher than silver.

Thanks for the patch. :)

One thing, where is the change log for 0150? I already encountered some quests that must be from it, like Ancaria Airlines, but I'd like to see what all was added..

[[General]]

LUA code reviewed

- Position formats standardized

- Redundant code removed

- Language conventions used

Textbase of all 10 languages standardized

- Not used Text removed

- Overall translation by google

- Some typos

[[Enemies and Bosses]]

Haenir now appears as a human

[[items and Drops]]

ItemMod V1.2 by flix+pesmontis integrated

[[Quests]]

Hunting Fever reviewed

Release stages simplified

[[New Quests]]

Ancaria Airlines

Shattered Souls

The Wrong Path

my main question regarding community patch v0150 is, whether the regional level caps are removed only for multilayer or even single-player too?

Singleplayer and multiplayer.

Ok thanks for the change log. I could not find it anywhere. So only 3 new quests? Not like I've found all 800 of the others yet anyway. Been playing off and on since 2009 and still finding new stuff. I doubt I'll ever find everything that is in this game..

Hi, is there any chance of a fix upcoming to make CM 1.50 install over CM 1.40hf? I get the message when I try to install it that "You already have the latest version installed."

So far, the only advice I've seen is that you have to uninstall Sacred 2 and do a clean reinstall, then install CM 1.50.

I want it, but I don't want it that bad. I'm hoping somebody might be able eventually to make it install correctly over an existing 1.40hf install.

Thanks.

Me and my brother are about to start playing sacred 2 again when I noticed a new community patch being released some days back. Thank you very much for putting so much effort in this! ^^

(and yea I only registered and logged in to say this :P)

Edited by WhiteLG

Hi guys, I came across an item that wasn't part of the unique sets in the ItemMod, but had the model that came from the mod. I'd just like to know if the game will still also generate items with the regular models, or if it replaced them.

The Item Mod replaces nothing in the game. It simply adds to the variety. The Mod added a large number of new models to the pool of random items because they were not interesting enough to make them into new uniques, but it set them to spawn alongside the original random models, not to replace them. Everything that was originally present in game can still spawn just like it did before Item Mod and CM v150.

Also, for everybody who struggles to install CM v150 over V140hf - while complete reinstall of course helps to solve the issue with CM not being able to update itself correctly, it is not always necessary. Some time ago Marcuswob uploaded a CM Reset tool which can return any version of the game to vanilla I&B 2.65.2. You can grab the tool from his Google Drive here: https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0B6mWJPtqErDcdFJfR1VlM202ek0&usp=sharing&tid=0B6mWJPtqErDcSkg0eGdubGdVaHM

• Like! 1

I decided to get the GOG version of Sacred 2 Gold yesterday. Installed it without any problems, although I did notice that it installs a legacy PhysX driver, and that the version number is 2.65.1, not 2.65.2. I then attempted to install Community Patch 0150, and got a popup saying Sacred 2 was either not installed or the wrong version, and to reinstall Sacred 2.

I attempted reinstallation a couple of times and got the same message. I then uninstalled the GOG version and reinstalled the Steam version. CM 0150 installed perfectly over the Steam version. Any ideas?

Edited by CapnTucker

CM Patch 1.50 installed perfectly over my GOG Sacred 2. So I don't know what's wrong there.

I wish they would just use the Generic Mod Enabler for the patch. Their installers and uninstallers are the main cause, maybe the only cause, of problems with the CM Patch. It's a constant source of frustration to Sacred 2 players.

Edited by Flix

I have the gog vers too, to patch without your error you must first play 5 minutes without patch, save , and close Sacred 2, after that apply the patch, at least at me this I must do if I just installed Sacred 2, I think it is not all write in Windows registry, without save, this is for 140 patch too...

I have the gog vers too, to patch without your error you must first play 5 minutes without patch, save , and close Sacred 2, after that apply the patch, at least at me this I must do if I just installed Sacred 2, I think it is not all write in Windows registry, without save, this is for 140 patch too...

That is strange. The CM patch works perfectly on the Steam version without having to save a game. To have to play and then save a game first with the GOG version is bizarre. I wanted the GOG version so as not to have Steam running in the background in order to play. But I dread the thought of uninstalling my Steam version, and then reinstalling GOG again only to get the same error.

Is it possible to install the CM patch over the GOG version and still have the Steam version installed in case it still doesn't work? This is rapidly becoming too much trouble. I already don't like the fact that the GOG version installs a legacy version of PhysX. I think I may have to give this up as a bad job.. :(

Edited by CapnTucker

I don't think it is too much trouble with gog version, I like the drm free version of any game...

So do I, but at least I can play CM0150 on the Steam version. Maybe later I'll try GOG again, just not in the mood to put up with the long download right now..

Why didn't you back it up somewhere after downloading it the first time? That's the beauty of GOG downloads. You buy it, you actually HAVE a full copy of your own to do with as you wish.

• Like! 1