The new Sacred 2 CM patch - Now available for Ice & Blood

I'm assuming we just download v150 and apply it to a fresh install, as v140 is clearly outdated and anything above v150 appear to be unreleased test builds.

That's right. It's up to the creators to upload the new version to DarkMatters downloads.

And what about the OP of this thread? A month later and it's still a mess with broken links. The Dark Matters download is still 140.

Well, I uninstalled the Steam version, and reinstalled the GOG version. Tried the V0150 CM patch again, and this time it worked. Weird, as I did not do anything different. As the GOG version is I&B 2.65.1, I thought I would install the 2.65.1 - 2.65.2 patch found on this website. Soon as I tried to run it, it told me I have the wrong version of Sacred 2 installed. What the hell?

GOG version also installs a legacy version of PhysX. What is the reason for this? The Steam version does not do that. Another bizarre thing the GOG version does, is that it tells me it is loading the game with Windows 7 Basic color scheme (I have Win 7 Ultimate). The Steam version never did that either.

I can now play the GOG version, but not being able to have the v2.65.2 build is irritating, as is the Win 7 Basic weirdness. I will see if the GOG version is more stable than the Steam version. If it isn't any better I will go back to what I had and eliminate the Win 7 Basic nonsense..

Edited by CapnTucker

Don't matter if you have version 2.65.2 or 2.65.1, I have version 2.65.1 GOG and works fine with CM Patch 1.50 (version 2.65.2 just fix chat) and for you problem with Windows 7 Basic color scheme to fix this right click on shortcut or exe in game folder ( Properties---Compatibility---->uncheck Reduced color mode)

• Like! 1

Don't matter if you have version 2.65.2 or 2.65.1, I have version 2.65.1 GOG and works fine with CM Patch 1.50 (version 2.65.2 just fix chat) and for you problem with Windows 7 Basic color scheme to fix this right click on shortcut or exe in game folder ( Properties---Compatibility---->uncheck Reduced color mode)

When I right click on the Sacred 2 shortcut (or exe) and go to compatibility, there is no option for reduced color mode. The options are:

Run in 256 colors

Run in 640 x 480 screen resolution

Disable visual themes

Disable desktop composition

Disable display scaling on high DPI settings

All but the last two are already unchecked. ?

Edited by CapnTucker

Figured out what the problem is. The popup I was getting also says "a program is running that is not compatible with windows aero". The program is the sacred 2 exe. It disables aero only while Sacred 2 is running. There is a box to check so that you no longer get the popup message. I guess there was something in the Steam version that automatically disabled the message?

So now everything is running well except the GOG version of the game cannot be patched to 2.65.2 for whatever weird reason.

Edited by CapnTucker

I've never patched the game beyond 2.65.1 and I've never had a problem in 5+ years of playing since 2.65.2 only fixes one thing. If you're not playing in multiplayer and using the chat there's no problem.

• Like! 1

I play with version 2.65.1 GOG and I don't have any problem with chat ( playing in tunngle )

Hey, I have a Questiona bout Tunglr ;)! Are there much Guys who play Sacred 2 via. Tungle?

I play with version 2.65.1 GOG and I don't have any problem with chat ( playing in tunngle )

Hey, I have a Questiona bout Tunglr ;)! Are there much Guys who play Sacred 2 via. Tungle?

Not much, but when I playing and talk on chat in game I don't have problem. install and make an account free and then look on tag of game and you see how many players is there

Edited by King Angel

Not much, but when I playing and talk on chat in game I don't have problem. install and make an account free and then look on tag of game and you see how many players is there

Can I use my Singleplayer Champions there?

Can I use my Singleplayer Champions there?

Do you mean character? Yes but if you play in FREE the campaign will not save. My advice is to make an backup on you save game follder

Edited by King Angel

I've never patched the game beyond 2.65.1 and I've never had a problem in 5+ years of playing since 2.65.2 only fixes one thing. If you're not playing in multiplayer and using the chat there's no problem.

I know 2.65.2 only fixes chat, I'm just a completist and like to have my games 100% up to date. I can live without it; the GOG version with latest CM patch is up and running, so I'm good. On a side note, any word about CM v0160? I saw something about it on a German fansite and was wondering..

I understand the feeling. Just trying to alleviate it.

CM 1.60 has been in development from the moment 1.50 was ready to go. This was because there were still new issues being reported and they didn't want to delay 1.50 anymore (it is a special "tenth anniversary of Sacred" release).

Registering on the Mantis Bugtracker is free. You can read all the issues that get reported and see how they get fixed.

Thanks for the info. So CM 1.60 is now 40% completed. Nice to see that new versions continue to be developed.

Edited by CapnTucker
  • Like! 1
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I think it's caused by Diablio 2 Mod. I suspect I changed so many files the CM updater doesn't recognize the version anymore. Just ignore it, I know it's annoying. If you've got CM 1.50 you're up to date.

I actually just deleted the CM updater from my folder to stop the thing from popping up every time. No bad side effects.

I'll put a note in the mod so people aren't confused by this.

Edited by Flix
  • Like! 1