The new Sacred 2 CM patch - Now available for Ice & Blood

Thanks. Hmm will be a hard decision between closed vs open/cm. Anyway, thanks guys!

AFAIK, it does not have to be an either/or. The CM patch can be removed without much difficulty.

Thanks. Hmm will be a hard decision between closed vs open/cm. Anyway, thanks guys!

AFAIK, it does not have to be an either/or. The CM patch can be removed without much difficulty.

Actually it does kinda if you want to use the same toons. Once you export a toon from closed there's no going back.

You can't upload you chara to Closed, but I won't call it 'no going back' either, since export doesn't delete your closed character, so you can load the Closed Net savegame and play again.

Yeah, that was probably a bit strongly worded. No going back with the advanced toon. The online toon will simply be were it was left.

I don't know wheter those issues are because of the cm patch or not, but maybe someone can put some brainsauce around those things for me:

- Forest flight roots 100% of all cases.

- During combat there is always a small window during the attack animation in which it is impossible to use the keyboard keys (e.g. when trying to change the selected skill via keys 1-5)

- testas annihilator should be usable by my dryad? I have no idea why I can't equip it, it's level 28 here and I am 30ish

- strange funny bug :) ->

Edited by mr.ioes
During combat there is always a small window during the attack animation in which it is impossible to use the keyboard keys (e.g. when trying to change the selected skill via keys 1-5)

Are you running V2.65.1?

strange funny bug :)

That's an exploit. That's why we cleaned up the test areas.

CU Marcus

Edited by marcuswob

Hmmm... are you using a binary mod? Usually the version numbers should be the same in client and server.

There was an issue in 2.65.1 regarding the chat window. As soon as it's activated it catches the keyboard focus, so every input goes to the chat, not to the game itself. This window is available in singlepleyer, too.

CU Marcus

Edited by marcuswob

- testas annihilator should be usable by my dryad? I have no idea why I can't equip it, it's level 28 here and I am 30ish

I don't think dryads can use 2-handed energy weapons, which is what Testa's Annihilator is.

:twitch: @czevak I was wondering how about puting a boss spot on the map where there is a empty spot on the map and have spawns of boss monsters?

Can you tell me why we would want to create such an exploit? :unsure:

This can happen when you are mounted and then Alt-Tab out to say desktop. When you Alt-Tab back to Sacred you can be mysteriously ported to a part of one of the oceans, or even Bluestone Lake.

Whenever I know that I will be Alt-Tabing I will ensure that I am not mounted, never had an issue as long as I follow this plan.

This can happen when you are mounted and then Alt-Tab out to say desktop. When you Alt-Tab back to Sacred you can be mysteriously ported to a part of one of the oceans, or even Bluestone Lake.

Whenever I know that I will be Alt-Tabing I will ensure that I am not mounted, never had an issue as long as I follow this plan.

I know ^^

It needs to have opened the inventory + vendor slot afaik, but nvm.

Sadly I stumbled across another bug: My char gets completely frozen when using darting assault + revenged impact in a combo or darting assault solo. So far I know that it has to do with a short cooldown (DA at 1 sec, RI at 0.7), but I am still trying to pin it down to a certain setup required for this bug to happen. Only thing google told me was to toggle the buffs as a quick fix, but it doesn't work. Nothing works except taking potions and the interface, but no spells/weapons/charactermovement.

Edited by mr.ioes

Closed games work fine, however everytime I try to log in an open cm server after activating the cm patch it drops me immidiatly after the load screen, saying connection failed (10) respectivly verbindung fehlgeschlagen (10).

Using 110 patch.

Any ideas? Firewall + Anti Vir are turned off, I live in a dorm with no physical access to the router.

Edited by mr.ioes

Closed games work fine, however everytime I try to log in an open cm server after activating the cm patch it drops me immidiatly after the load screen, saying connection failed (10) respectivly verbindung fehlgeschlagen (10).

Using 110 patch.

Any ideas? Firewall + Anti Vir are turned off, I live in a dorm with no physical access to the router.

Well, I figured it out. There are zero cm patch servers online and so I tried to join a normal one. Anyway, sad to see so few people actually playing it, it's awesome.

That would indeed be wonderful to have CM Patch servers. :)

The spring release is up for grabs, folks! Link as always in first post and (after sorting out one little quirk with the upload) later also on the Darkmatters Downloads!

Have fun playing. :woot:

Congratz and Thank you to the CM Patch Team for this latest release. You do wonderful things! :resp: You can Download from czevak's first post in this topic or from the Sacred 2 Downloads section:

Community Patch Download

Howdy! Just wanted to report something that happened with me this weekend. I had started a new game and was doing the Tute Relic quest. I had just defeated Momma Bear and had clicked on the leetle baby bear...and my camera view locked up solid-I even could see a double set of arms on my Seraphim! Tried recalling to my rezz point but that didn't work.

However,I could see the baby bear scampering around. So, I tried clicking on him again and BAM! I was unstuck and able to move around again. No crash on exit either. I am running the latest version of the community patch and have my game patched up (2.65.2,I think...)

Nothing about the locked camera, but kind of serious, too:

We encountered a major issue about loading and saving. The savegame doesn't become corrupt, but some of the quests "rewind" and some dead enemies come back to life.

I'm preparing a bigger correction for this. The new quests "The Impostor" and "Ancient Secrets" will - most likely - be playable again.

CU Marcus

Another thing I have noticed-the game will give a error message when you quit-seems to be the Sacred2 .exe acting cranky. So far though,my save game has not been affected. Also,the error when you quit thing is not consistant-sometimes I get it 2 or 3 times in a row and then nothing for a day or so.

I constantly get the error messages while quitting - but it has nothing to do with CM. As I remember, all the versions of Ice and Blood acted that way. The error messages may appear at any time, sometimes when I Alt-Tab to the desktop, there are already a couple of them hanging there. They don't seem to affect anything, nor register in debug.log - they are simply present for no clear reason. I don't think that anything can be done with these error messages, and honestly, I don't think that something needs to be done, since these errors don't affect the savegames nor even gameplay.